Volume 3 Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

I can take care of the walkthrough once the game's out. :0 (If I can, the first post says nobody's taken it yet and I haven't read through the whole topic.)
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

:O ohmygosh Zer0 you spelt my name wrong.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

I say.*British accent*

I thought I was doing armour Zer0?
It's not in ANY rush,but everyone keep in mind that armour is done by me,so don;t feel obligated to fill it in.
I'm more than happy.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

This guide'll be great once vol.3 comes out in the US, Thanks guys :)
Seimei no Kyoufu

Post by Seimei no Kyoufu »

I just kinda scanned it, but if its okay with everyone (and if noone called it), i can give a rough translation of the effects of all the add-on materials' effects :P. I won't bother with the names for now, I'll just leave em in raw form. Ill have em up in the next day or three. Still got finals D:
Mystere Man

Post by Mystere Man »

I would like to call the Keyword locations for the us version if thats ok.
Veghesther

Post by Veghesther »

Btw for the forest of pain where do you get a no encounters customized item/accessory that already has this effect.

That way the only encounters are the boss battles.
Veghesther

Post by Veghesther »

But Bike parts won't work in the FOP since its considered as a dungeon so you would need a customized item/accessory that has the effect instead.
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

You will get the accessory when u clear the goblin quest for the activation of bike missions in vol.3. Though the goblin quest is now much harder, u now have to race them in a course.
The accessory is not total no encounter, but that the monsters do not detect u at all. So u still can fight the monsters by engaging them.
~red~

Post by ~red~ »

jowyz wrote:You will get the accessory when u clear the goblin quest for the activation of bike missions in vol.3. Though the goblin quest is now much harder, u now have to race them in a course.
The accessory is not total no encounter, but that the monsters do not detect u at all. So u still can fight the monsters by engaging them.
like a get to all the king chim chim or get to the finish?
billyjreed

Post by billyjreed »

So you get an actual accessory in vol. 3 that acts like the bike mod in vol. 2 that makes you invisible to the monsters unless you engage them? sweet! :shock:
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

~red~ wrote:
jowyz wrote:You will get the accessory when u clear the goblin quest for the activation of bike missions in vol.3. Though the goblin quest is now much harder, u now have to race them in a course.
like a get to all the king chim chim or get to the finish?
I think i will not spoil this info for the time being, just wait for vol.3 and u will know. Sorry about that, but all i can tell for now is that u have to race them in a course for 3 laps.
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

billyjreed wrote:So you get an actual accessory in vol. 3 that acts like the bike mod in vol. 2 that makes you invisible to the monsters unless you engage them? sweet! :shock:
Correct. This accessory is a MUST equipped item if u want easy and smooth travel during the Forest of Pain. If im not wrong, other than the invisibility function, it adds 25% of movement speed as well(in battle and map). The movement speed does not stack with other speed mods.
~red~

Post by ~red~ »

jowyz wrote:
billyjreed wrote:So you get an actual accessory in vol. 3 that acts like the bike mod in vol. 2 that makes you invisible to the monsters unless you engage them? sweet! :shock:
Correct. This accessory is a MUST equipped item if u want easy and smooth travel during the Forest of Pain. If im not wrong, other than the invisibility function, it adds 25% of movement speed as well(in battle and map). The movement speed does not stack with other speed mods.
nice, is it hard to get it tho?
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

The vol.3 bike quest is not too much a difficulty if u have most of the good bike parts in vol.2. The only thing that is more challenging is the course itself, since there are some *shortcuts* that u and the globins can take. Thats all i can say, just wait for vol.3, and bang the globins to their feets!!!(joking......)
KaenKasharion

Post by KaenKasharion »

jowyz wrote:The vol.3 bike quest is not too much a difficulty if u have most of the good bike parts in vol.2. The only thing that is more challenging is the course itself, since there are some *shortcuts* that u and the globins can take. Thats all i can say, just wait for vol.3, and bang the globins to their feets!!!(joking......)
Does the glitch from volume 2 still work in 3?
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

I have not tried it yet. Maybe sometime later.
Darrcyphfeid

Re: Volume 3 Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Post by Darrcyphfeid »

[Removed]
Last edited by Darrcyphfeid on Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

Zer0 wrote:Image

^^^ Random image. Reload and have fun.

(Might take a while, give it some time to make it :3)

ALRIGHT PEOPLE. .hack//G.U. Volume 3 has been announced, and since I'll be moving in with .Ailynea. on the 8th of October, that doesn't give us a lot of time for a guide. Granted, I'll still update when I get there (Hopefully I'll have internets), but it'll be MUCH slower (Job + Love of my life).

So... here's a list of what still needs to be done:

[ No ] Items
[ No ] Accessories
[ No ] Ryu Books
[ No ] Lucky Animals (If there are more)
[ No ] Weapons
[ No ] People Hunt

Here's the link to the Walkthrough:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/929995/47893

There's a channel in IRC now for the walkthrough. So if you have any questions, and dothackers.net doesn't work, you can come ask it there.

[url]irc://irc.gamesurge.net/walkthrough[/url]

I'm sure many more will be added here (After Volume 3 comes out in English).

Please use this to post any information you can contribute to the Walkthrough. And yes, you will be credited. :3

You can also use this topic to ask questions like "Where can I find such and such". But ONLY questions relating to items, weapons, and things of that nature.

Please note that this is a Work in Progress, meaning it's not even close to being done :P
zero, ill start working on the avater battles tomarrow =0
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

Darrcyphfeid wrote:
Zer0 wrote:[ No ] People Hunt
If it's not taken care of before the North American release (9.12), I'll do it. It should just be a slight extension to the list I've already put together for Reminisce anyway, given that Reminisce just extended Rebirth's.

Your WAK! The release date is SEPTEMBER ELEVENTH!!! NOT SEPTEMBER TWLEFTH!