What is Ender?

.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Actually, I'm pretty sure he's a Tribal Grappler. He fights mostly hand-to-hand. The blade is probably there for.. decoration?
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

yeah, but, I was just making the point that the game suggests weapons can vary tons, hell, look at phyllo's wapon, it is a grimiore, but, it is not at all book-like, but rather a staff with a dragon head
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Again, wrong; Phyllo's weapon is a staff and his Class is Harvest Cleric, so that's not a good example.

However, Ender and Gord's weapons are both quite unusual given their Class so I'll give you that.
mastergods

Post by mastergods »

I still dont see PI as ender.

maybe the character you play as changes how act ine the game.

Ender was a little gun ho about pking. and Pi well pi keeps changing how she acts.

ROOTS PI she is "dont worry it follows the rules still" and GU PI seems to like to follow the rules a little to much.
StrikerSixx

Post by StrikerSixx »

the chubby dude that hangs around bordeux and also saburo use axe looking weapons but are edge punishers.

i think that just for game purpose they dont have as an extensive and varying item cache as an actual "the world" mmorpg.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I still dont see PI as ender.

Ender was a little gun ho about pking. and Pi well pi keeps changing how she acts.

ROOTS PI she is "dont worry it follows the rules still" and GU PI seems to like to follow the rules a little to much.
It's called roleplaying.
ME

Post by ME »

StrikerSixx wrote:the chubby dude that hangs around bordeux uses axe looking weapon but is a edge punisher.

The weapon is called called Broad Zhen you can get it in GU vol 1...you get to see it alot when you fight in the arena during your 20's-30's.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

mastergods wrote:I still dont see PI as ender.

You just disproved yourself.
silabus

Post by silabus »

Cryphal wrote:In .hack//SIGN, in one of the episodes, a party of three is about to fight a data bug, one of the characters was shown holding a Bow, and he had a quiver on his back with three arrows. Of course this class was never seen in the .hack//GAMES.
A theory bout this is that the world got an extension with you being avaiable to se Bow...
HEY GUYS... DO YA EVER PLAYED AN mmo? WHEN YOU ARE A SWODMASTER(not always this name) CAN USE A DAGGER...its always an noob weapon.... but you can....
Gundam_Alchemist

Post by Gundam_Alchemist »

Blade Brandier: A character class that uses a one-handed sword or a dagger to fight. They are swift, agile, accurate, and similar to a Blademaster in The World. Endrance, Silabus, Bordeaux, Kaede, Antares, Ender, Wool, Azure Balmung and Cashmere are known Blade Brandiers.

According to Wiki.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Zer0 wrote:Does Gord's weapon remind anyone else of Sora?
My thoughts exactly after I first saw him.
Sashiki

Post by Sashiki »

Azure crow wrote:the one that tawaraya(I can't spell his name) wanted you mean?
The Animes never follow the same rules as the games,and it's no point stressing about it.
It'd be like asking why Inuyasha dosn't need the demon energy wind scar in the games he's in,or why sephiroth can use holy or omni slash in the kingdom hearts games.
It's just one of those things that happen.
haha, what an awesome point. you my friend, win the internets.

And perhaps, the blade brandier is more so about the blade, then the size?
FlickerHaseo

Post by FlickerHaseo »

Nukasa wrote:Eh...? A blade brandier that uses a dagger? I wonder if I can get Silabus a dagger, he'd be all like...I cut you so bad, you wish I no cut you so bad!

LOL....!!!!

Btw, how'd you get that rank?! LOL....!!!!
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Sashiki wrote:
Azure crow wrote:the one that tawaraya(I can't spell his name) wanted you mean?
The Animes never follow the same rules as the games,and it's no point stressing about it.
It'd be like asking why Inuyasha dosn't need the demon energy wind scar in the games he's in,or why sephiroth can use holy or omni slash in the kingdom hearts games.
It's just one of those things that happen.
haha, what an awesome point. you my friend, win the internets.

And perhaps, the blade brandier is more so about the blade, then the size?
I guess I agree.
mirageofdeceit

Re: What is Ender?

Post by mirageofdeceit »

pi is ender, and i recall noabi saying haseo was a rogue, just like you. i also think noabi is yata, i know for sure that yata is wiseman(ender)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, except we were talking about her class, not her identity.
VKV

Post by VKV »

I remember that Saburou used somekind of dagger ones, in the Forest of Pain.
Maybe the anime just takes little freedom (like has already been said by couple) or then these daggers are a rarity and aren't seen that often and they could be used by anyone.
Mystery.
Scourge

Re:

Post by Scourge »

StrikerSixx wrote:i have only seen each episode of roots once so i dont remeber exactly but i beleive tawarya make a big deal about how enders dagger would be worth alot on the market or something. so maybe there happens to be a very rare brandier weapon that is a dagger.
yes he did say it was rare and that he had a client interested in obtaining one so she couldnt be the only one who can use it so she was not hacked but just had a rare weapon
shio

Post by shio »

well remember, tawaraya said that the dagger she had was an extremely rare item
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

I assumed she was a Blade Brandier, since she had the same character model as Boredeux. (I played GU before watching Roots)