Tsukasa and Aura's Relationship (SPOILER ALERT)

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Ratix0

Tsukasa and Aura's Relationship (SPOILER ALERT)

Post by Ratix0 »

Seem like people here didn't think as I did. Aura has 2 kinds, Dark Aura, and Light Aura. Appearently the one awakened at the end is Light Aura. Seems like whether it becomes dark or light is tied to Tsukasa's emotions. When he is happy, aura becomes "lighter". When he is sad, aura becomes "Dark". When he is happy to a large extent or sad to the extreme, it will trigger the awakening of aura, depending on Tsukasa's mood. So appearently in the anime, Tsukasa was happy so it triggered the awakening of Light Aura.

This can be 'proven' in some ways by studying at Aura, and Tsukasa. When Tsukasa is happy, Aura's colour seem to be bright, but when Tsukasa is unhappy, Aura's colour seem to be darkened. This can eb further proven by the fact that Morgana makes Tsukasa happy when hes sad, and vice versa. Seems like Morgana doesn't want Aura to awaken, so he keeps Tsukasa in the "middle" to prevent either of the extremities from happening.
Also, this is further supported by the song, Aura. "If you are near to the dark, I'll tell you about the sun". When near the negative extreme, morgana will make Tsukasa happy.
"you are here, no escape
from my visions of the world"
Morgana basically oversees the world.

"you will cry all alone
but it does not mean a thing to me"
Morgana doesn't give a damn about Tsukasa, all she/he cares is not letting aura awaken. The constant emphasis of "It does not matter to me" seem to prove this point too.

Tsukasa happen to "break free" because of the hope he is given, which makes him "Positive". Seem like everything fall together which make Tsukasa "Very Positive" until it exceeds the "Happiness Index" for aura's awakening.

Just wondering, what do you think of my theory?
Last edited by Ratix0 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nishi

Post by Nishi »

I think you've got it. :)
May want to put some parts in the Spoiler text... but who knows, I like it.
Jugatsu

Post by Jugatsu »

That's one of the things tht threw me off off at first about the whole Aura thing, because at first I used to think that Aura was supposed to be like Tsukasa's body in the real world and I also thought that was how Aura was created, but since it wasn't it still threw me off from Aura's creation. Morganna doesn't even have a physical form it seems, so it's hard to tell the creation of her(unless it's in the IMOQ since I only have I at this point. >.<) but yeah I'm rambling. Do they ever say why Tsukasa was the one who was linked to Aura? And afterwards like In LOTTB she seemed to have her own will, so when she awoke I guess the link became broken, which I don't think is ever explained. So can anyone explain it? :?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's one of the things tht threw me off off at first about the whole Aura thing, because at first I used to think that Aura was supposed to be like Tsukasa's body in the real world and I also thought that was how Aura was created, but since it wasn't it still threw me off from Aura's creation. Morganna doesn't even have a physical form it seems, so it's hard to tell the creation of her(unless it's in the IMOQ since I only have I at this point. >.<) but yeah I'm rambling. Do they ever say why Tsukasa was the one who was linked to Aura? And afterwards like In LOTTB she seemed to have her own will, so when she awoke I guess the link became broken, which I don't think is ever explained. So can anyone explain it?
You might want to play the games. A lot of important stuff happens there. Anyway, Morganna is The World itself, so she was created when the World was. Tsukasa was linked to Aura purely because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Remember episode one? He found that chest and remembered opening it before, and in a flashback it shows him getting Data Drained. And yea, the link was broken the very instant Aura was born, because it was supposed to determine which side of the bed she woke up on, so to speak XD Anyway, Aura is the Ultimate AI, and is supposed to be like a human with free will and all. Thusly, after she's born, she's supposed to become independant and do whatever she wants. Aura is, basically, a human being made of data.
Jugatsu

Post by Jugatsu »

Ah that helps some thanks, and I'm trying to get the games still(damn eBay people over charging)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Actually, Tsukasa was abused by her father. Tsukasa's mother died, leading to her father becoming an abusive alchoholic.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Actually...

Tsukasa's legally old enough to take care of herself. Bear only payed for college tuition.
Kasami

Post by Kasami »

what about that one girl in liminality?

When Minase Mai is dreaming about being in the world during volume 1,
and she says: "A sound?...Where?" There's an evil looking version of an Aura-like girl. By the way you did a lovely job interpreting Aura and Tsukasa's emotion link.
Jugatsu

Post by Jugatsu »

Not really an evil version, it looks like Aura normally but her hair is covering her eyes while she's smiling. I guess she looks kinda evil, but imo she doesn't look that evil.
barnabat

Post by barnabat »

Doesn't she have a purple face in Liminality though? Maybe its another failed Aura, like Lycoris?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, it's THE Aura. Her image is just skewed because of the art style of Liminality. This is just a case of Aura being chased by Skeith, and Skeith picking off the witnesses.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

The whole things confuses me.
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, it's THE Aura. Her image is just skewed because of the art style of Liminality. This is just a case of Aura being chased by Skeith, and Skeith picking off the witnesses.
so, why is she smiling?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because she found two people that might be competent enough to use the Book, most likely. Aura's desperate for anyone to help her. She doesn't want to get anyone involved, but she realizes she needs human help and will be satisfied with whoever will lend a hand.
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

ok, that makes sense, the way she smiled just looked kinda creepy
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Your smile would be creepy too if you were a neural net of information on a game server.
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

lol i guess so...
Jakster

Post by Jakster »

AuraTwilight wrote:Your smile would be creepy too if you were a neural net of information on a game server.
LOL! kinda funny...i think... :roll: can i use that in my signature?

Also Ratix0 your theory makes alot of sense....and good use of the song "aura" :lol:
Last edited by Jakster on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

way to um... quote yourself?
Jakster

Post by Jakster »

yeh i wass clicking on edit but im very sleepy...i guess i missed it LOL!