The fma question, To end them all!

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Whats the real reason Edd dosn't need a circle?

Scar was right
27%
Teacher and Edd where right
36%
Edd just dosnt need one!
18%
your such a retard for not knowing....
18%

Total votes: 11

CopainChevalier

The fma question, To end them all!

Post by CopainChevalier »

Heres the deal,

You know how Edd dosn't need circles? Well in the teacher episodes it said how the teacher didnt need em cause she learnd about the other side... and edd said the same.... the problem is, Edd didnt know he could transmute without circles tell he warmed up the water (you know when, as All said, "we helped deliver a baby.", or how Edd said, "please you call that helping? we ran around screaming our heads off!")

Anyway... Another part is when scar said that he did it by using his metal arm to fourm a circle....

So WHATS THE REAL REASON HE CAN DO THIS?!?!?
kaimo09

Post by kaimo09 »

not to be mean but...

Ed* and Al*
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

I think it's because the knowledge he gained inclued how to create the energy produced during alchemic reactions.
CopainChevalier

kaimo09 wrote:not to be mean but...

Ed* and Al*
sory bout wrong spelling i just thought thats how spelled in game
Kaito Fujiwara wrote:I think it's because the knowledge he gained inclued how to create the energy produced during alchemic reactions.
But you see, that raises a bigger question, if he gained all that knowlage then how come he was so shocked when he found out he didnt need a circle? and he didnt know how for awile..
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

have you ever heard of the term "muscle memory"? I belive it can apply to your question
CopainChevalier

What?

Muscle memory is where u remember certain things and can re execute them.... right? but that dosnt explain why IF he learnd it from other side, why he didnt know how he did it
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

probably some form of shock from the "event"
CopainChevalier

Another note is the fact that after the event when he was fusing al's soul to armour
(i forgot what he did there)
If he didnt use a circle: How come he forgot later on?
if he did use a circle: howd he forget abouit all the information
CopainChevalier

I still remain unanswerd... :(
MasterKite
Location: Trying to master the art of walking on water..so far..unsuccessful

Post by MasterKite »

Hmm I think I can tackle this question. Fullmetal Alchemist takes place over many years. The first episode (the one with Cornello in Lior) takes place after Ed's passing of the State Alchemy Exam. When he first learns about his ability to transmute without a circle is before the State Alchemy exam, where he heated the water for Hughes' wife and then again at the Exam. This explains how he didn't know he could transmute without a circle. Now a part of your question has to do with what Ed saw after he look through the gate. Ed gained the ability to perform Alchemy without a circle from that but probably didn't remember due to repression of the traumatic memory. Plus, he was extremely young then so he may have forgotten. Now about Scar's little comment about his ability to transmute without a circle coming from his arm, this is true in the sense that in order to transmute Ed's body needs to make a circle ie feet on ground (notice he never does alchemy in the air) and his hand together which forms a circuit. Think of electricity, it doesn't work unless the circuit is complete and I think the same is true for Ed's alchemical energy ie If he doesn't make a complete circuit he doesn't transmute without a circle. I hope that answered your question.
P.S. The teacher's name is Izumi
Morgana

Post by Morgana »

its go the same for Al, Later on in the story, he will also be able transmuted without a circle
Leein

Post by Leein »

Morgana wrote:its go the same for Al, Later on in the story, he will also be able transmuted without a circle
Um... he can only do that because  he himself becomes the Philosipher's Stone, therefore not needing a circle.

As for the reason Ed does not require a transmution circle is  because he saw that black gate when he tried to transmute his mother back to life. Later in the story, not sure if this episode has already aired, the teacher, I forget her name, tries to transmute her baby boy back to life, therefore going to that black gate. This black gate showed them a whole lot of information on alchemy and other things.

I can't exactly remember all of the exact details, but there is a confusing, yet correct reason to why they can transmute without circles. All of the details are explained in the last few episodes.
CopainChevalier

how do you guys know this stuff?!
Leein wrote: As for the reason Ed does not require a transmution circle is  because he saw that black gate when he tried to transmute his mother back to life. Later in the story, not sure if this episode has already aired, the teacher, I forget her name, tries to transmute her baby boy back to life, therefore going to that black gate. This black gate showed them a whole lot of information on alchemy and other things.
Agian IF he learnd that how come he forgot?
Leein

Post by Leein »

CopainChevalier wrote:Another note is the fact that after the event when he was fusing al's soul to armour
(i forgot what he did there)
If he didnt use a circle: How come he forgot later on?
if he did use a circle: howd he forget abouit all the information
Oh, its to this question? Sorry, I only read a few of the posts.

Umm.... I don't exactly know what to say, but Ed used a blood circle in the Armor and sacrificed his arm to bind Al's soul to it. As for the information, I don't think he exactly knew what all of it ment. Over his journy, I think he just pieced together all of the bits and pieces of information that was hinted to him by others.
CopainChevalier

True... But stillll how come he didnt get WHY he could OR HOW he could?