Is it a mistake to use data from a previous game for dot hack GU Vol. 2?

Discuss all the .hack games!
ChestRockwell

Is it a mistake to use data from a previous game for dot hack GU Vol. 2?

Post by ChestRockwell »

First off I wanna say I realize there is a subforum for this game, but it has been over a year since someone posted in it so I figure I have a better shot at getting an answer here.

Okay so I recently beat the first GU game, Rebirth. I began Vol. 2 Reminisce and it gives you the option to use data from your previous game(if you saved after beating it). So I did this. My character was level 46 when I beat the game, so that is the level I started at.

I'm not too far into the game, but I'm wondering if I made a mistake using prior data due to the game being too easy. There are plenty of areas I can go too if I string together the right words that are a challenge and equal to my level, but I fear the main story will be too easy. Like I said I'm not too far, but I've already gotten to level 51. I'm at the part where you're trying to get data seeds to unlock your first tri-edge sign. I'm sent to an area that is level 43. It's too easy. Will the game continue to be easy when it comes to the main story?

I'm just confused, I don't know why they'd include this option if it would make the main story too easy.
thedudewhosadude

Re: Is it a mistake to use data from a previous game for dot hack GU Vol. 2?

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Yeah, back when I was doing my runthrough, I tried my hardest to ignore the plot and just shot for grinding and working on other completion objectives, but it made the game hilariously easy. If I remember correctly, each volume puts in a level cap, 50, 100, and 150. I don't quite remember if it was Vol 3 where I was just not prepared when I started, but yeah, might be worth just going through the story first.
Sizzdaddy

Re: Is it a mistake to use data from a previous game for dot hack GU Vol. 2?

Post by Sizzdaddy »

G.U. just is easy. Period. Doesn't matter how you start it lol. Some of the Avatar battles might pose a small challenge but that's mostly due to it's sloppy control mechanics. But eventually Haseo just grows to own all.