Black Rose
No votes
Other...
No votes

Total votes: 15

(Phantom) Thief

Favorite .hack//Boss? (Poll)

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

After experiencing the more recent .hack bosses I wanted to know who is everyone's favorite antagonists out of the series so far?

For me I'm split between the Phantom, Crying Princess and Skeith.

Edit: Vote as much as you want.
Last edited by (Phantom) Thief on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSJScygoku

Re: Favorite .hack//Boss? (Poll)

Post by SSJScygoku »

:D Either Skeith or the Azure Knights, both were very badass and memorable for me
(Phantom) Thief

Re: Favorite .hack//Boss? (Poll) (Skeith, AFK, Alkaid)

SSJScygoku wrote::D Either Skeith or the Azure Knights, both were very badass and memorable for me
Yeah I can remember cringing the first time I battled him on PS2. IIRC Mistral was already gone. We finally had him down for Data Drain but something happened, Kite was down (I think Black Rose killed me ... but that's happened a lot of times so I might be wrong). Black Rose was the only one left. However shortly after that it was game over. Azure Flame Knights design for .hack Link was always kinda neat same with his avatar from G.U. However one of the few battles I can remember sincerely hurting me was the arena fight with Alkaid. I was already super under leveled to even consider taking her on. It was already like fighting a giant. I had a slither of health left, managed to get her as close to as one as I was, went for a rengeki and then BOOM story-line domination. I dang near shut the game off, in the most painful rage thinking I'd made some horrible earlier game choice that I had to redo. Antares' words cut VERY DEEP that day. The next time I took her on, I was a little over leveled and discovered it had to go down that way no matter what.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

(Phantom) Thief wrote: Yeah I can remember cringing the first time I battled him on PS2. IIRC Mistral was already gone. We finally had him down for Data Drain but something happened, Kite was down (I think Black Rose killed me ... but that's happened a lot of times so I might be wrong). Black Rose was the only one left. However shortly after that it was game over. Azure Flame Knights design for .hack Link was always kinda neat same with his avatar from G.U. However one of the few battles I can remember sincerely hurting me was the arena fight with Alkaid. I was already super under leveled to even consider taking her on. It was already like fighting a giant. I had a slither of health left, managed to get her as close to as one as I was, went for a rengeki and then BOOM story-line domination. I dang near shut the game off, in the most painful rage thinking I'd made some horrible earlier game choice that I had to redo. Antares' words cut VERY DEEP that day. The next time I took her on, I was a little over leveled and discovered it had to go down that way no matter what.
^^' That sucked, though Blackrose always takes us down in only a few swings after being charmed lol I recall me going down but luckily .hack isn't a JRPG where you go down and its not an instant game over ^^; Seriously thats what the party is for, were they too lazy to implement a revive command for the AI? xD

xD why did you take on Alkaid when you were vastly under leveled,for the challenge? ^^' yup you don't expect it to turn out that way especially when you are technically winning,I'd understand it more if they either went crazy with her initial stats or gave her insane speed/skills to actual dominate you. That would make more sense than (i'm pretty sure) you beating her and somehow its your lose. Reminds me of the opposite happening, either I was underleveled or didn't make use of the scenery to deal damage but in Tales of Vesperia it took afew attempts and barely beat the boss...then the cutscene comes on and its like "yeah that boss was easy" o-o easy my butt, maybe there was an quicker method but that was a close call.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
^^' That sucked, though Blackrose always takes us down in only a few swings after being charmed lol I recall me going down but luckily .hack isn't a JRPG where you go down and its not an instant game over ^^; Seriously thats what the party is for, were they too lazy to implement a revive command for the AI? xD
I've been playing through Infection again and those rooms with, like, 5 Mimics are the worst. What a waste of items! Every time I use a restorative another one will charm BlackRose. Then she'll just 1-hit Mistral. Then it's a resurrect + mage's soul to get her back on her feet and then lo and behold a Mimic has killed her. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Harder than Skeith!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote: I've been playing through Infection again and those rooms with, like, 5 Mimics are the worst. What a waste of items! Every time I use a restorative another one will charm BlackRose. Then she'll just 1-hit Mistral. Then it's a resurrect + mage's soul to get her back on her feet and then lo and behold a Mimic has killed her. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Harder than Skeith!
xD Luckily I don't recall taking on that many mimics at once,hope you restocked after those encounters lol I do recall them charming Mistral/Elk which ended up being very helpful as Wavemasters only physically attack when charmed~ Maybe having a party of two wavemasters would be more safe in mimic infested dungeons...unless Kite gets charmed and they can't cure him quickly, though having two Wavemasters (though any member can be given restoratives) could cure you or/and deal massive spell damage to the Mimics~

^^' Dang though I know the feeling of barely getting a party member up then another falls. Always a good idea to restock once you get back to down...or save often xD
(Phantom) Thief

Re: Favorite .hack//Boss? (Poll) (Alkaid, Black Rose, Mimics)

SSJScygoku wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote: Yeah I can remember cringing the first time I battled him on PS2. IIRC Mistral was already gone. We finally had him down for Data Drain but something happened, Kite was down (I think Black Rose killed me ... but that's happened a lot of times so I might be wrong). Black Rose was the only one left. However shortly after that it was game over. Azure Flame Knights design for .hack Link was always kinda neat same with his avatar from G.U. However one of the few battles I can remember sincerely hurting me was the arena fight with Alkaid. I was already super under leveled to even consider taking her on. It was already like fighting a giant. I had a slither of health left, managed to get her as close to as one as I was, went for a rengeki and then BOOM story-line domination. I dang near shut the game off, in the most painful rage thinking I'd made some horrible earlier game choice that I had to redo. Antares' words cut VERY DEEP that day. The next time I took her on, I was a little over leveled and discovered it had to go down that way no matter what.
^^' That sucked, though Blackrose always takes us down in only a few swings after being charmed lol I recall me going down but luckily .hack isn't a JRPG where you go down and its not an instant game over ^^; Seriously that's what the party is for, were they too lazy to implement a revive command for the AI? xD

xD why did you take on Alkaid when you were vastly under leveled,for the challenge? ^^' yup you don't expect it to turn out that way especially when you are technically winning,I'd understand it more if they either went crazy with her initial stats or gave her insane speed/skills to actual dominate you. That would make more sense than (i'm pretty sure) you beating her and somehow its your lose. Reminds me of the opposite happening, either I was underleveled or didn't make use of the scenery to deal damage but in Tales of Vesperia it took afew attempts and barely beat the boss...then the cutscene comes on and its like "yeah that boss was easy" o-o easy my butt, maybe there was an quicker method but that was a close call.
It was a combination of things. Ever since I lost my weapons from the first series I had to get them back, and later developed a habit of challenging myself so that I was okay with being under leveled and staying with each of the main weapons whenever I went into battle. I also kept most of their original equipment around so the party would not trade out their starter weapons and I often switched to who would become my top party member for the day so it would affect how much exp I received; there even came a time when Pi or Atoli were my tank. To add I also hadn't checked the BBS, Apkallu, or Quest Area for some for of the extra side quest to level up my character. And I'd guess it also doesn't help when your overconfident is telling you that you're rengiki king: (which I was according to the number bonuses I would receive after the end of each battle). xO
SSJScygoku wrote:
Falions wrote: I've been playing through Infection again and those rooms with, like, 5 Mimics are the worst. What a waste of items! Every time I use a restorative another one will charm BlackRose. Then she'll just 1-hit Mistral. Then it's a resurrect + mage's soul to get her back on her feet and then lo and behold a Mimic has killed her. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Harder than Skeith!
So its agreed then Black Rose or Mimics Pick your Poison.
alexabrown

Re: Favorite .hack//Boss? (Poll)

Post by alexabrown »

I am looking for this. Is this suitable for iOS? I am facing lots of issue after updating the device. I have visited https://itunessupport.org/blog/itunes-h ... signature/ but didn't get the proper ideas. Please help with useful information.