Best version of DVD?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Nima

Best version of DVD?

Post by Nima »

Hi everyone,

Since it doesn't look like we'll be getting a Bluray version of .hack//SIGN anytime soon(if ever), I've resigned myself to buying the DVD.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of buyer's guide on the internet of the different releases and releases of the DVD's. I've seen four totally different English releases so far, including "Platinum Series" and "Platinum Edition", which I can't tell the difference between.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown?
SSJScygoku

Re: Best version of DVD?

Post by SSJScygoku »

@.@ From what I know the Platinum versions have different episodes compared with the standard release as after buying the standard PAL (EU version) 1 and 2 the Platinum edition (US) of vol 3 missed an episode or two ^^'

The Platinum edition often come with extras such as soundtracks and is NTSC (US) so you should see if they are included. There are some boxsets for SIGN,either a collector's set with only vol 1 and tonnes of extras, two half season ones (PAL) or complete ones (NTSC) but out of print unless its the FUNi re-release :D

?-? is it the US or UK version you are after?
Nima

Post by Nima »

SSJScygoku wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:29 pm @.@ From what I know the Platinum versions have different episodes compared with the standard release as after buying the standard PAL (EU version) 1 and 2 the Platinum edition (US) of vol 3 missed an episode or two ^^'

The Platinum edition often come with extras such as soundtracks and is NTSC (US) so you should see if they are included. There are some boxsets for SIGN,either a collector's set with only vol 1 and tonnes of extras, two half season ones (PAL) or complete ones (NTSC) but out of print unless its the FUNi re-release :D

?-? is it the US or UK version you are after?
I'm looking for the best US version. Assume money is no object. I've seen some complete boxsets but the box isn't in great condition. I'd pay out the nose for a sealed boxset.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Nima wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:39 pm I'm looking for the best US version. Assume money is no object. I've seen some complete boxsets but the box isn't in great condition. I'd pay out the nose for a sealed boxset.
@.@ I'll post what I see,cheapest would be the Funi re-release but it you are looking for sealed (or just in general complete) older boxsets then:
-https://www.amazon.com/hack-SIGN-Comple ... way&sr=8-1

-https://www.ebay.com/itm/HACK-SIGN-The- ... SwZOBbhyGZ

-https://www.ebay.com/itm/hack-SIGN-Comp ... SwJj9cYMnH

Odd I didn't even come across the hexagonal box that came with the pins :/ normally I see those around
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

SSJScygoku wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:04 pm Odd I didn't even come across the hexagonal box that came with the pins :/ normally I see those around
I rarely see the giant lugnut box set anymore, maybe even a year or two now.

The "honeycomb" box that you posted is the most common one to come across now.