Translation Request

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

(Phantom) Thief

Translation Request

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Could someone translate or summarize the information on these pages. I'd like to see small differences between the two if any.

---
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Translation Request

Post by Kuukai »

Shamrock: "But secretly there was organization that took these incidents as revelation, and moved forward with research to instead utilize them."

Shamrock: "Control of the 'Unreturner' risk. Transforming it into technology."

Shamrock: "Through many years of research, a portion of it has been brought to practical use."

Shamrock: "If one can go into the internet and not to be able to return to the real world..."

Sakuya: "Spiriting away someone online?"

Tobias: "If that's true, that's kidnapping!"
That's more or less consistent with canon, what are you looking for? Ovan officially didn't actually return in Returner, so the main problem with the Quantum OVA is Reiko's version of Amagi's motives, which isn't mentioned in that panel, in fact the wording fits better to cover both his level and the people who were using him. The caption of the Amagi screenshot just says that his "it seemed the researcher's dream to turn everyone into an unreturner was being used..." This is also consistent. If there's an earlier part of the timeline that explains why Amagi started it isn't legible in those pictures.
(Phantom) Thief

Kuukai wrote:
Shamrock: "But secretly there was organization that took these incidents as revelation, and moved forward with research to instead utilize them."

Shamrock: "Control of the 'Unreturner' risk. Transforming it into technology."

Shamrock: "Through many years of research, a portion of it has been brought to practical use."

Shamrock: "If one can go into the internet and not to be able to return to the real world..."

Sakuya: "Spiriting away someone online?"

Tobias: "If that's true, that's kidnapping!"
That's more or less consistent with canon, what are you looking for? Ovan officially didn't actually return in Returner, so the main problem with the Quantum OVA is Reiko's version of Amagi's motives, which isn't mentioned in that panel, in fact the wording fits better to cover both his level and the people who were using him. The caption of the Amagi screenshot just says that his "it seemed the researcher's dream to turn everyone into an unreturner was being used..." This is also consistent. If there's an earlier part of the timeline that explains why Amagi started it isn't legible in those pictures.
I don't know if there is, but I was hoping to compare all three version of Quantum to see if maybe there was more information about the animes's line on Amagi or if it was an anime only explanation.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That explanation just doesn't match the game. I mean, Amagi's utopia was a vision that included many facets including ending discrimination, but the original and main motivation was to create a world without death. Creating peace among people and ending physical needs all came forth from that.
(Phantom) Thief

Thank You. I think I understand now.