Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Falions

Re: Last Recode and Beyond (VOL. 4 & LINK SPOILERS)

Post by Falions »

I seriously think whatever they were planning for after the hybrid pack was supposed to be the last one. All the plot points were coming to a head. The problem is now that that story would require such scale I'm sure it far surpasses anything Bandai Namco wants to invest in the series. They would need to do an OVA with the game or something to do real life segments like Liminality, not to mention the cost of realizing FORCE:ERA as a PS4 game.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Pretty much. But, like said before, it's a matter of when; not if.
Falions

Post by Falions »

https://twitter.com/dothack_cc2/status/ ... 1455019008

The numbers are in! Last Recode has sold 300K copies worldwide, physical and digital. They're starting an anniversary campaign culminating on the 15th (where someone on Twitter will win a signed shikishi by Matsuyama). Anyway, this is phenomenal! 300k!!! Last night Matsuyama posted a picture of him clinking drinks with Uchiyama as well, so.... who knows!!!!!! It feels like we're on the cusp of something here. Granted this is probably including all the copies they sold on sale and so on, but the ball is now in Bamco's court! All we gotta do is BELIEVE!
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Ya I spotted that to! 300k is a big deal considering how much G.U. originally sold. 488k in japan, possibly 500k with the budget price rereleases. The devs seem happy with this turnout but what about the pubs?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Nice maybe we'll get at least an artbook to celebrate lol
 (kidding..... somewhat)
Falions

Post by Falions »

Lindz wrote:Ya I spotted that to! 300k is a big deal considering how much G.U. originally sold. 488k in japan, possibly 500k with the budget price rereleases. The devs seem happy with this turnout but what about the pubs?
I think 300K is probably as good as it'll ever get for a title like this. What more could Bamco expect? It's not like .hack is going to sell a million copies tomorrow. Here's hoping this is enough to convince them for future developments.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Falions wrote:I think 300K is probably as good as it'll ever get for a title like this. What more could Bamco expect? It's not like .hack is going to sell a million copies tomorrow. Here's hoping this is enough to convince them for future developments.
Oh I agree its just that this is Scamco we're talking about. For a remaster to sell 2/3rds of what the original release did has gotta be outstanding.