What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

SSJScygoku

Re: What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Perhaps my best post ever incoming....

Expect plenty of more posts from me. The year is only beginning.
:) Ofcourse the first thing you do is check out Akihabara,well Kotobukiya for any .hack merch! Nice to see you came across quite the assortment of new items you hadn't picked up, whuuut you should totes sport the Chim Chim passcase while there xD

xD thats making use of your Japanese address,take that forwarding services and your crazy fees and shipping~ I look forward to seeing your posters and yeah Japanese amazon have things for super cheap,just many don't ship here~

That must have been quite the treat for you at TGS,I did see photos of the fanclub meeting and who arrived later on~ n_n Very helpful having other people there that can speak English, hopefully you didn't drink too much that night xD Also kudos on wearing the latest .hack shirt to the event :3

I hope that your preliminary interview went well,assuming Matsuyama remembers what happened that night if he came from another party xD I'm sure he was happy to hear how .hack had such an impact on your life, especially if it led to you meeting him in Japan~

xD wow you were meeting everyone and getting some awesome shikishi(?) aswell,super lucky especially since you not long got to Japan~

:P I don't think many people would know off hand how to spell your name, thought a piece of paper would do but sure writing on his hand will ensure he remembers you lol

Whuuuuuut you can't share those other photos,you tease~ xD I'm happy to hear you met him outside of a convention environment where you could talk to him normally,I'd imagine a translator/aid would stop him from saying some things. No nonsense version,while he was i'm assuming partially drunk?

:P dang that evil laugh,guess he doesn't want to give up the info,either that or you had to get him more drinks lol

xD pfft who the heck didn't you meet over there, i'm surprised the entire .hack staff wasn't all out for some reason by the sounds of this~

I hope that imagine from the G.U. magazine is a hint something is coming for LINK but you can't talk about it :P They did have teases at the back of Legend of the Twilight manga,kindof thought this would have come to pass unless it was for LINK~

:P try not to get too drunk while out meeting your idols, you may come across more of them while randomly out drinking~

:) I look forward to more posts from you,glad you are having a blast!
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote: I hope that imagine from the G.U. magazine is a hint something is coming for LINK but you can't talk about it :P They did have teases at the back of Legend of the Twilight manga,kindof thought this would have come to pass unless it was for LINK~
Nah. Someone who saw him at Saboten last month said he basically told them there was no new .hack in the works because of Bandai Namco, and he reiterated that to us very... flagrantly the other night. I wish we could see this kind of teaser at all nowadays.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Nah. Someone who saw him at Saboten last month said he basically told them there was no new .hack in the works because of Bandai Namco, and he reiterated that to us very... flagrantly the other night. I wish we could see this kind of teaser at all nowadays.
:/ I can only imagine his rage with how many times either he,his company or fans asked on their behalf to not really get anywhere when Bandai knows there is a demand for the games. Heck something like Versus wouldn't even require much work, just translate to the menus,bulletin board and subtitle the animation scenes/Thanatos Report and hey presto your done ^^'
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Falions wrote:Perhaps my best post ever incoming....

It has now been 2 weeks since I arrived in Japan. On my first day I obviously booked it to Akihabara and looked for .hack goods. Here's some of the stuff I picked up in the Kotobukiya store:
This Chimchim is the pass case one, but I'm not man enough to wear it outside...
I also bought some Solatorobo and Tail Concerto keychains, but I don't have a photo handy.

Then, I remembered I now have a Japanese address, so I began to order nonsense online:
The G.U. magazines came with a couple extra goodies, one with some sort of special Trilogy soundtrack (which I will upload to my Youtube channel eventually) and one with an episode guide to Roots. I was impressed these Amazon sellers selling these for dirt cheap maintained those too. This stuff is mega cheap when you don't have to use a mail forwarding service.
I also have a couple posters still in the mail.

But the real treat came during TGS......

After the show itself, I went out with a Japanese CC2 fanclub. I wasn't the only foreigner, thankfully, but we all got by okay. It's fun, we're having a good time, it's nomihoudai so you pay a flat fee and get unlimited drinks for a few hours. I'm downing some highballs, straight chilling, and then I am told: Matsuyama will be coming.

Lo and behold:
I apparently was the only person who did not know. The 10 minutes between when I was told and when he arrived were perhaps some of the most stressful in my life. I was trying to sober up as fast as I could (which I would later find out was unnecessary, since he had been coming from Bandai Namco's own party).

Anyway, I was able to tell him thanks for absolutely everything, that I had been a fan since I was an actual child, and that I was in Japan because .hack started this crazy chain of events in my life. I also told him I'd like to work at CC2 after I graduate as a translator, so this was like my preliminary interview, haha...

Niizato was also there:
I thanked him profusely as well.

Here's the autograph in full (I asked for Tokio):
I haven't taken it out of the plastic wrap because the next time I do will be to frame it.
He didn't know how to spell my name, so I wrote it out on his hand in permanent marker (so he definitely remembered me the next day):
I have a cornucopia of photos I am not really allowed to share, so...... teehee. I think I got to meet the most honest, no nonsense Matsuyama. I'm really glad I got to meet him in this setting and not at a more formal thing like a convention or something.

I also asked him about "the truth of the truth of Emma Wieland" to which he gave me the most evil, demonic laugh.

In general it has been a really good two weeks in Japan. I also got to meet SUDA51, another one of my biggest inspirations (in fact I'd probably say the only series I care about as much as .hack is Kill the Past).

Here's one final bonus:
From the May 2008 issue of the .hack//G.U. magazine. It's interesting to see that as early as 2008 they were showing off this kind of third season imagery. The kanji on the right means "next." Someday, we'll know the truth of truths....

As for now, I had the time of my life. I seriously think this was one of if not the best nights of my life. Someone I've had so much to say to for so long, and I got to know him pretty intimately in the first go. Meeting both Matsuyama and Suda were like two of my goals this year, and I knocked them off within 2 weeks. Next up, I guess, is to somehow get absolutely hammered with Hideaki Anno. Might be a bit harder, though.

Expect plenty of more posts from me. The year is only beginning.
Living the dream. IIRC I think the final image was promotional material for the movie. So with .hack I've been meaning to ask however does Bandai Namco's control over the series extend to the books and anime of the story as well? Also one of my greater fears for the series was that maybe CC2 no longer liked the franchise, however it seems at every opportunity results are more positive than I imagine. That said what are the odds that CC2 is in a contract with Bandai Namco that in order to produce the next .hack series they have work on and create that next Dragon Ball game that they are already working on for them first.
Falions

Post by Falions »

(Phantom) Thief wrote: Living the dream. IIRC I think the final image was promotional material for the movie. So with .hack I've been meaning to ask however does Bandai Namco's control over the series extend to the books and anime of the story as well? Also one of my greater fears for the series was that maybe CC2 no longer liked the franchise, however it seems at every opportunity results are more positive than I imagine. That said what are the odds that CC2 is in a contract with Bandai Namco that in order to produce the next .hack series they have work on and create that next Dragon Ball game that they are already working on for them first.
Like I said, there are no plans for further .hack games (as of last month). BNE owns all the rights, so yeah, that's why they can't produce various manga and novels on their own too. When .hack came out it was sink or swim for CC2, so all the rights were relinquished to BNE. Piroshi has and always been excited for more .hack, but it's all about what BNE wants.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Falions wrote:Like I said, there are no plans for further .hack games (as of last month). BNE owns all the rights, so yeah, that's why they can't produce various manga and novels on their own too. When .hack came out it was sink or swim for CC2, so all the rights were relinquished to BNE. Piroshi has and always been excited for more .hack, but it's all about what BNE wants.
Does this mean Funimation license's .hack// through BNE or CC2 currently?
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Falions wrote:Like I said, there are no plans for further .hack games (as of last month). BNE owns all the rights, so yeah, that's why they can't produce various manga and novels on their own too. When .hack came out it was sink or swim for CC2, so all the rights were relinquished to BNE. Piroshi has and always been excited for more .hack, but it's all about what BNE wants.
Thank you. I'd been confused about that for a while. At first I just assumed that maybe Kodansha somehow had control over the books and it was a separate thing, but its good to know its all connected. Great to see Piroshi's on board, and maybe with some luck hopefully the next game is their best one yet. Well if there ever is a next one.

I remember what they said!!!

Continuous Expansion

Flagon_15

Post by Flagon_15 »

Wow, I'm glad to read that thread ; when I picked up this 16 year old franchise a couple weeks ago, I didn't expect it to be alive and kicking even if it's just in the form of light novels and doujinshi! That's something I really enjoy in Japanese media in general, the fanbases are quite motivated and keep asking for merch and other derivatives even decades after the beginning of their favourite stuff, not unlike the Evangelion reboot that's been announced recently or the never-ending shounen series like Naruto or One Piece.
To come back to the topic, I don't own anythin .hack related yet apart from some video files on my computer, but I'll be on the market for Mimiru and Blackrose merch... I may well have an addiction to dark skinned anime girls.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Flagon_15 wrote:Wow, I'm glad to read that thread ; when I picked up this 16 year old franchise a couple weeks ago, I didn't expect it to be alive and kicking even if it's just in the form of light novels and doujinshi!
:D You said it,there may not be much new content but generally there is merch being release periodically, though really hoping for more artbooks to cover card art from Guilty Dragon xD

^.^ You are in luck there are some Mimiru and Blackrose items lurking around for you to acquire~ :P hopefully you'll be adding some physical .hack media to your collection aswell in the near future.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Thought I would give a little round-up now that my latest package has arrived....
I still don't actually have any Japanese copies of G.U., so I filled the box with some other PS2 games I had... the IMOQ came with everything and GIFT for only 1000 yen! Japan is crazy!
Also, that BlackRose bust, I got it for only 500 yen! I've seen it a few times on YJA for astronomical prices lately, but then some guy put one up for a 200 yen auction and the guy I was bidding against gave up at 500 yen.

Some other little things:
I found the Makoto on Mandarake for only 200 yen.

And I got to meet Matsuyama again!
I bought a copy of his old book and he signed it for me. He has a list of recommendations in the back in every medium, and we have very similar tastes! His favourite anime is Royal Space Force, which is in my top 5. Also, in games, he listed 428: Shibuya Scramble, which just came out in English. I really recommend it.

I'll be able to see him AND Suda51 at the end of this month in a joint event they're doing. Anyway, that's all from me.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Thought I would give a little round-up now that my latest package has arrived....
@O@ oooh thats quite the haul you've got,hope you managed to get cheap shipping for everything! :/ yeah i'm assuming the Blackrose bust was new/sealed for that super high price but even then there were plenty of cheap ones before so no clue why the price was uber high. ^-^ nice job getting the G.U. game box and pencilboard for Integration~
Falions wrote: Some other little things:
^(^ - ^)^ yay Makoto-san keychain! Lucky find and for such a low price to boot!
Falions wrote:And I got to meet Matsuyama again!
xD how many times are you going to meet him lol You've not been in Japan for long and already met him twice plus you both have similar tastes :D
Falions wrote:I'll be able to see him AND Suda51 at the end of this month in a joint event they're doing. Anyway, that's all from me.
o-o again!? holy crap I hope you've got something else for him to sign for this meet and hurray for also getting meeting Suda51 when you go,was there anyone else you planned to try and see while in Japan xD The list keeps getting smaller~
Falions

Post by Falions »

It was my birthday over the last week, so I treated myself a little. First off, a photo from the Matsuyama/Suda event!

Guess where I am.
Anyway, I brought games just in case there was an opportunity to get them signed, and I withheld until I saw some Japanese guy go up and do it too. So!
Suda remembered me from Bitsummit which was real nice, whereas Matsuyama just went はい、はい、はい and got it over and done with, hahaha.
And then, I found this on Yahoo Auctions:

AND I got this for myself as a birthday gift:

Next up, I'm gonna have to wake up for the 5am train to Comiket on the 29th, because I desperately want that Haseo shikishi with the artbook. Then, I'll have to spend 5k at Kotobukiya to get the Ovan one too. Ah, life is suffering.... but it's ok, I live in Japan.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Next up, I'm gonna have to wake up for the 5am train to Comiket on the 29th, because I desperately want that Haseo shikishi with the artbook. Then, I'll have to spend 5k at Kotobukiya to get the Ovan one too. Ah, life is suffering.... but it's ok, I live in Japan.
How was your birthday and I take it you were the only non-asian guy to the right at the back xD

:3 Congrats on getting them both signed! Glad you met both Hiroshi and Suda at this event and they Suda remembered you :)

Ah yes that was from one of the S.H. Works' limited edition sets,hope you didn't pay too much for it~ ^_^

xD that was quite the birthday gift to yourself,did you win that on yahoo auctions just recently for 8000 as nobody else was bidding? Also what number are you?

d(^_^) Good luck getting up early for Comiket, will you be buying anything else like the acrylic stand or keychains? Also did you see the A3 Market items (viewtopic.php?p=479613#p479613) unless you've not been shopping around much xD with all these events/christmas your money must be dwindling
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote: Ah yes that was from one of the S.H. Works' limited edition sets,hope you didn't pay too much for it~ ^_^

xD that was quite the birthday gift to yourself,did you win that on yahoo auctions just recently for 8000 as nobody else was bidding? Also what number are you?

d(^_^) Good luck getting up early for Comiket, will you be buying anything else like the acrylic stand or keychains? Also did you see the A3 Market items (viewtopic.php?p=479613#p479613) unless you've not been shopping around much xD with all these events/christmas your money must be dwindling
Yes, that was me! I had been watching it for like a week and figured screw it, I'll just buy it myself. I decided to hell with Comiket and preordered the big Last Recode archive set on the Gamers online shop since it said they'll throw in the Ovan shikishi. I bought two, actually, since a friend of mine wanted one and will be visiting in January. Here's hoping they throw in two Ovans! I'll check out the keychains at Kotobukiya in Akiba when they arrive, I really want the Tokio one...

As for the A3 stuff, the style is not really my thing so I don't think I'll bother. Between this and the SuperGroupies watch I've spent an unhealthy amount on .hack goods, but what else is new.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote: Yes, that was me! I had been watching it for like a week and figured screw it, I'll just buy it myself. I decided to hell with Comiket and preordered the big Last Recode archive set on the Gamers online shop since it said they'll throw in the Ovan shikishi. I bought two, actually, since a friend of mine wanted one and will be visiting in January. Here's hoping they throw in two Ovans! I'll check out the keychains at Kotobukiya in Akiba when they arrive, I really want the Tokio one...

As for the A3 stuff, the style is not really my thing so I don't think I'll bother. Between this and the SuperGroupies watch I've spent an unhealthy amount on .hack goods, but what else is new.
xD good atleast it was someone I know who picked it up, that was sitting there for so long I wondered why nobody else jumped on it. d(^_^) glad you managed to order the bigger set as the listing isn't there anymore or wasn't last time on gamers but I think Kotobukiya got more in. I'm not sure if they'll send two shishiki but you can always hope xD Well heres hoping they have plenty of stock left over for you to buy the keychains,at comiket they will be sold as blind boxes so you don't know which one you'll get ^^'

:) Thats a good thing, less money to use for items you don't want~ xD tell me about it, just getting those SuperGroupies items cost so much and thats not including the fees and shipping yet lol ^(^ - ^)^ spend ALL the money on .hack~

------EDIT------
These arrived recently,well not vol 5 but couldn't recall if I took a photo of it xD
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^(@ - @)^ La Repth!

After some waiting most of my .hack items have arrived, from the graffart sets (though the phone charger is still in Japan), LINK Victory Spark cards,the comiket artbook,acrylic stand and all four keychains...as you can see the G.U. seemed common lol I was missing a graffart badge (Tokio) so opted to get the complete box from the website as the stores they are blind packets, so technically anything loose is spare xD