Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Falions

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:
Oxidizer wrote:Man you guys are making me feel old... :(

RF: I've been sober since 2012. I'd rather not talk about what happened. :V
I'm 23 and never drank in my life. It was never compelling to me. Besides a few sips at corporate business occasions or networking events, never.
For a long time I was the same way. My dad even worked at Molson for a good 10 years so we would always have alcohol in the house but I never felt any desire to drink. Then I turned 19 and decided it would be dumb to expect to go my whole life without having had a sip of alcohol, so I've been more liberal about it in the last year. My biggest problem with it is how long it takes for any effect on me--I'm over 6 feet tall so it takes a few drinks before I'm really feeling anything.

I have yet to have a bad time drinking, so that's probably part of it. Though I did have my first true hangover, which consequently made me cancel any plans for the rest of the month to go out. :lol:
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

The funny thing is that about 10 years ago, when I first started, the most that would happen is that I would go onto an internet forum, and pretty much spam drunken posts into a thread purposed just for that. The admins foresaw this I guess, and they were generally good people about it. I'd check the forum after, whenever someone told me I'd posted in there (because I wouldn't remember) and I'd laugh, and my friends would laugh too.

Those memories were cool. I was probably the best and the happiest rambling drunk ever. :D

Post by Avatar_Crim »

just finished judging at the biggest pokemon regional to date. had been years since i had been in memphis last so it was nice to visit old friends.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Its 24 today and I’m staying up late to open my gifts, hooray for christmas eve!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Kaori wrote:Its 24 today and I’m staying up late to open my gifts, hooray for christmas eve!
:O your in the future!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Okay, so our christmas party is pretty nice, now all that’s left is to stay up till midnight, and my old folks are trying to drag me off to church for midnight christmas eve mass, which I honestly think is a terrible idea because last year I was so sleep deprived that I burst out laughing and clapping in church.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Merry Christmas!!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Vallen wrote:Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas!

Hope everybody enjoyed the holiday and got cool stuff!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Anyone doing anything cool for New Years?
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:Anyone doing anything cool for New Years?
You live close to me, right? It's too damn cold around here to do anything cool.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Falions wrote:It's too damn cold around here to do anything cool.
No kidding. It feels like -25 around here... to heck with outside activity. Brrrr.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Falions wrote:
Vallen wrote:Anyone doing anything cool for New Years?
You live close to me, right? It's too damn cold around here to do anything cool.
Haha, touché :p
Falions

Post by Falions »

Happy new year, .hackers! I hope 2018 is finally the year .hack makes its triumphant return!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Falions wrote:Happy new year, .hackers! I hope 2018 is finally the year .hack makes its triumphant return!
We wait for Feb 1st and see what Proshi talks about!
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

I'm watching Recovery of an MMO junkie and I love it. Relates to me so much lol. Its hilarious too.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

zerokoolpsx wrote:I'm watching Recovery of an MMO junkie and I love it. Relates to me so much lol. Its hilarious too.
Welcome to the Elite Neet Life!!!

Facts about me: I'm really fond of Motorola.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

A little annoyed that Tales of Ray is shutting down. The announcement was made on their facebook and got reposted on reddit. I just recently quit that game too and just a day after Tales of Link game was discontinued, they announce this. They even recommend Tales of Link players to go to Tales of Ray lol. Yeah, people are pissed and I don't blame them. Servers will close for Tales of Ray on May 29th, 2018 and they already closed the shop for purchasing Mirrorgems.

If anyone made any purchases recently, I would try to get a refund since the game is shutting down. Chargeback if necessary too.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I finished my Master Degree a few weeks ago - which means I'm fully done with university now. Feels kinda strange since to me it seems like I graduated high school not that long ago either, yet here I am done uni and even a masters now.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:I finished my Master Degree a few weeks ago - which means I'm fully done with university now. Feels kinda strange since to me it seems like I graduated high school not that long ago either, yet here I am done uni and even a masters now.
Hell yeah, congrats! I just got the news the other day that I will 100% be studying in Tokyo this fall for a whole year. My undergraduate is still far from over, and I too am on the long road of academia... I don't mind, though! I live to study!

I actually joined this forum when I was in 12th grade. High school feels so close yet so far!