What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

SSJScygoku

Re: What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Finally, the package I've had sitting in the warehouse for over a month has arrived.
Bout time your items arrived~ xD Nice to see you picked up one of the acrylic figure sets and the fanbook,yay for getting ahold of the .hack//Live pamphlet :D
Greyoutt wrote:Judging by their prices online, the PS2 G.U. games.
xD I'd imagine they are most people's rarest item,either those or Quarantine if they managed to get ahold of it.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^^' okies I do have a whole load of items to arrive but it probably won't be for another month or so, some are at a warehouse and i'm awaiting the final item to show up which may or maynot happen. If it gets cancelled then i'll proceed in the final fees for the other items.

Odd I thought this was posted here:

And this B2 Tapestry arrived today~

Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:post
Another great haul as usual. What kind of camera do you use? I've noticed all your photos are quite low-res.
I have a nice warehouse order coming soon too. Can't wait!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:
Another great haul as usual. What kind of camera do you use? I've noticed all your photos are quite low-res.
xD Thanks and its my mobile's camera that I use, I think the photos aren't that amazing since i'm having to stand back to get so much into the photo due to all the tiny badges/keychains and whatnot. Either that or the phone's camera isn't all that amazing ^^'

:D I look forward to seeing your order,when is it due?
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Falions wrote:
xD Thanks and its my mobile's camera that I use, I think the photos aren't that amazing since i'm having to stand back to get so much into the photo due to all the tiny badges/keychains and whatnot. Either that or the phone's camera isn't all that amazing ^^'

:D I look forward to seeing your order,when is it due?
Just waiting on two more items to arrive at the warehouse, so expect a photo in 2 weeks or so!
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

My friend and I went to GenCon two years in a row back when the .hack//enemy TCG was at it's height. The second year he finished in the top eight which landed him an uncut sheet of xrare cards from the Isolation card set.

I keep telling him to cut it up and give me a few Astro Princes to finish out my collection, but he won't.....
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Just waiting on two more items to arrive at the warehouse, so expect a photo in 2 weeks or so!
^-^ lucky you won't be waiting long~
Sizzdaddy wrote:My friend and I went to GenCon two years in a row back when the .hack//enemy TCG was at it's height. The second year he finished in the top eight which landed him an uncut sheet of xrare cards from the Isolation card set.

I keep telling him to cut it up and give me a few Astro Princes to finish out my collection, but he won't.....
:P Sounds like a cool sheet,I know there is a contest to win some and afew haven't been claimed twice over.

What cards were you missing?
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

Only seven total. 3 Astro Prince, 2 Dark Asteriod and one each of Final Blast and Infection. All promo/tournament level up cards. I have the 5 sets complete.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Sizzdaddy wrote:Only seven total. 3 Astro Prince, 2 Dark Asteriod and one each of Final Blast and Infection. All promo/tournament level up cards. I have the 5 sets complete.
?-? why do you need several copies of the same card? I believe you can find Astro Prince online but can be pricey ^^'

:) Good thing its easy to acquire booster boxes/packs for the 5 sets, just getting all the cards can be a pain especially when missing common/uncommons xD Rares and Xtra Rares tend to show up online atleast so they aren't too bad.

Also my pre-order from Ricedigital finally arrived o-o

Falions

Post by Falions »

It's finally here...

CHIM CHIM GET!!!!!!!!!!!
I've wanted one of these since they first made them back in 2013(?) but back then I was unemployed and had no idea how to import things from Japan. I think if you go back far enough in this thread you'll be able to see the first time I ever experimented with mail forwarding, hahaha.
The pass case Chim (the smaller one) is actually something my girlfriend bought, we just shipped it together. We've been in the process of upgrading our subway system here in Toronto to use a single reloadable pass (so, basically, operating like how any other modern subway service has for over a decade now) and she just got hers and decided to give its home in the Chim.

Here's everything else from the same package:
The Atoli pin was a bonus for the Chim. As I was opening it I literally said out loud like 3 times "please do not be Atoli" and there she was. She's a curse, I tell you--my least favourite G.U. character and I can't seem to get enough of her. As for the green Kite figure, it's the only one I was missing from my gashapon collection, somehow. I found someone on YJA selling it for only 250 yen so you know I had to scoop it up. I had only ever seen it as part of the full set before, and I've never wanted to drop $50 on a set of gashapon I already have just for one little figure. As for the Epitaph of Twilight novel, I found the second one on Mandarake, decided to buy the first when I was in Japan, but much to my dismay I couldn't find it in ANY Book-Off I searched. The closest I got was a copy of ZERO. There's a ton of used ones on Amazon Japan for 1 yen so I said whatever and added it to my order too. Finally, the Fanbook. Here is a photo of all four of them together:

I DMed the English CC2 Twitter asking if there was a way for me to claim the 5th Fanbook overseas, but to no response. A shame, since he's always answered me before! I guess it's just a complicated situation.

Also, does anyone know what the hell Matsuyama's special message is for the 4th one? Usually it's a drawing and a little blurb but this last one was just the image. Here:

Who is this guy? The obscured dialogue bubble says トラスヘ with the middle blocked out. Does anyone have any idea what it could say? Nothing immediately came to mind, other than Tri-Edge, since his name is spelled トライエッジ, but I doubt there's any connection. The only existing character I think he looks like is Sogabe, but without glasses... (does he even smoke?)

I have one other kind of odd .hack item coming from China that I don't expect to see until at least mid-February. I have no idea how it will turn out, and I got it mostly as a joke. Look forward to it!

Bonus:
チムRIDER!!!!!!!!!
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

I'm not just a collector of the Enemy cards but my friends and I still play from time to time. And per the rules for deck design you can have up to four of any one type of card in your sixty card deck. So that's why.

Fun sidebar my friend actually took the time to host the card game online. If there's any interest in playing it, I'll start a new thread.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:It's finally here...

CHIM CHIM GET!!!!!!!!!!!
^(^_____^)^ Chimuuuuuuuuu~

Glad you finally got ahold of one,yeah think it was 2013 they had one in the comiket set and its was great that they re-released them~ Odd I haven't seen much of the seasonplants items appear on yahoo auctions, i'm sure your girlfriend's subway ticket will be well guarded xD

xD trust you to get a pin you don't want, I don't even know which one will come with my order as i'm waiting for final fees~ Good thing you found the missing gashapon you needed, buying extra never turns out well unless you know folk who need the rest. d(^_^) yay for picking up the Epitaph of Twilight and the last Fan Book, shame you never got a response from them. Really hope there is enough demand to release vol 5 normally ^^'

Nup I have no clue what the message means,maybe a hint of things to come?

:P I'm looking forward to this mystery item that you have on the way~

Chim Chim on a Grunty...we may aswell surrender now xD
Sizzdaddy wrote:I'm not just a collector of the Enemy cards but my friends and I still play from time to time. And per the rules for deck design you can have up to four of any one type of card in your sixty card deck. So that's why.

Fun sidebar my friend actually took the time to host the card game online. If there's any interest in playing it, I'll start a new thread.
^.^ ah I see, makes sense now~

As in just playing with a camera or did they make an online engine to play the game?
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

It's an engine. The program is compatible with PCs and I-phones.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:Odd I haven't seen much of the seasonplants items appear on yahoo auctions, i'm sure your girlfriend's subway ticket will be well guarded xD
I ordered straight from their website. The mail forwarding service I use (Zenmarket) lets you copy and paste any Japanese retailer's link to an item and they'll buy it for you. It's great, and they don't charge any consolidation fees either!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:I ordered straight from their website. The mail forwarding service I use (Zenmarket) lets you copy and paste any Japanese retailer's link to an item and they'll buy it for you. It's great, and they don't charge any consolidation fees either!
^.^ thats handy indeed, I use EAJ's request option especially when its sites specific though some of their items are on Suruga-ya now if you missed some.

Seems I'll be paying my final fees soon, guess the box will be full so they moved my items into the "final fees stage" xD
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Here're the games/artbooks I got. Still working on completing the archives collection, last book is like $200 everywhere :S

Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:Here're the games/artbooks I got. Still working on completing the archives collection, last book is like $200 everywhere :S
Are the Seiichiro Hosokawa artbooks any good? I've been thinking about getting them. In fact, I saw a special edition of one in Osaka for something like 7000 yen, and only hesitated because it was halfway through my trip and I didn't want to go completely broke just buying .hack goods :lol:
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:Here're the games/artbooks I got. Still working on completing the archives collection, last book is like $200 everywhere :S
^-^ you are almost there with the Archives LIGHT, just a pain when even if you find it cheap there is either damage or missing parts.

:) Nice to see awesome .hack cases~
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Falions wrote:Are the Seiichiro Hosokawa artbooks any good? I've been thinking about getting them.
I have mixed feelings on them, here's a simple breakdown:

Pros:
-High quality art and paper
-Some very unique .hack art pieces are sometimes featured that you might not have seen anywhere else
-Feels like a "premium" product

Cons:
-Very large, I had re-organize my whole collection just to find a place where they could be stored standing up properly
-Low page count (don't let the picture fool you, the paper its printed on is thick so it gives it more volume)
-Mixed art; .hack, asura's wrath, mobile games, other franchises I don't even know about (so they're not exclusively .hack)
-Pricy (I had to pay about $80.00 after importing for each)

So I'd say to get them only if you have spare cash and you own everything else .hack related. The low page count, inconvenient size, and high price point are some things you should consider. If anything, don't get the LE edition that's even more expensive for a few extra pins and stickers. I personally prefer the original artist that did the major art for IMOQ (I think it's the same dude who did Evangelion's art) over this guy, but bought these since I do enjoy collecting CC2s products relating to .hack
SSJScygoku wrote:^-^ you are almost there with the Archives LIGHT, just a pain when even if you find it cheap there is either damage or missing parts
T_T I will try and find it one day
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote: I personally prefer the original artist that did the major art for IMOQ (I think it's the same dude who did Evangelion's art) over this guy, but bought these since I do enjoy collecting CC2s products relating to .hack
Yeah, I love Yoshiyuki Sadamoto. I really recommend his artbook Der Mond--I got it for something like $25 from Indigo and it's big and hardcover, too. No .hack artwork but loads of his work on Eva and others like Nadia and Royal Space Force.