Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: the What are you Watching? Thread

Post by Kaori »

If there is a god..... He wants us to suffer:
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Im on a Gundam marathon. In the last month I re-watched SEED+ DESTINY and 00. And I finally for the first time watched G Gundam and Gundam Wing. Turn A Gundam is on my list next. But before I start Turn A, I wanna watch all of yu yu hakusho because I somehow missed it as a kid and everyone says its the greatest thing since sliced bread was invented
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Found a way to get the episodes on my phone without a computer:

Drills are for men who compensate, ROCKET PUNCH! Is the way to go!
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Saw this today and its amazing. A POV from an Empire TIE Fighter in anime 80s style. It makes you want to root for the bad guys.

vexile

Post by vexile »

Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Bob Ross in the Joy of Painting...
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Guess I'll revive this thread lol. Watching Mob Psycho 100! I like how studio Bones tackles ONE's art-style better than how Madhouse portrays it.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:Guess I'll revive this thread lol. Watching Mob Psycho 100! I like how studio Bones tackles ONE's art-style better than how Madhouse portrays it.
^(^ - ^)^ I'm looking forward to more Mob if they make more,thing they have a Reigen special coming up but thats it so far and the manga has ended.

Currently watching: Yu-Gi-Oh Vrains, Umaru-chan season 2, Black Blood Blockade, Overlord season 2, And you thought there was never a girl online, Little Witch Academy, Death March to a Parallel World Rhapsody,Yu-Gi-Oh season 1 (subbed) and Shokugeki no Soma season 3 :D
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Vallen wrote:Guess I'll revive this thread lol. Watching Mob Psycho 100! I like how studio Bones tackles ONE's art-style better than how Madhouse portrays it.
^(^ - ^)^ I'm looking forward to more Mob if they make more,thing they have a Reigen special coming up but thats it so far and the manga has ended.

Currently watching: Yu-Gi-Oh Vrains, Umaru-chan season 2, Black Blood Blockade, Overlord season 2, And you thought there was never a girl online, Little Witch Academy, Death March to a Parallel World Rhapsody,Yu-Gi-Oh season 1 (subbed) and Shokugeki no Soma season 3 :D
I watched Duel Monsters in its entirety in Japanese a few years back and it was super satisfying to finally finish its 225 episodes.

Right now I'm watching Girls Last Tour, and I also recently finished the Netflix original Devilman Crybaby, which I highly recommend.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote: I watched Duel Monsters in its entirety in Japanese a few years back and it was super satisfying to finally finish its 225 episodes.

Right now I'm watching Girls Last Tour, and I also recently finished the Netflix original Devilman Crybaby, which I highly recommend.
xD I'm watching it on Crunchyroll, it sucks because pretty much EVERY other series e.g. GX,5Ds is completely subbed whereas they are only at the Duel Tower (Alcatraz) Finals and its every 2 weeks or so you may get afew episodes .-. I tried long ago to watch online but the subtitles I got were horrible but thanks to Crunchyroll I watched all of 5Ds, was working through GX and Vrains ^^'

:) I plan to watch Devilman Crybaby soon, saw it popped up and looking forward to it. Castlevania was an excellent series...well what few episodes there were but hey they are making more atleast~
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Falions wrote: I watched Duel Monsters in its entirety in Japanese a few years back and it was super satisfying to finally finish its 225 episodes.

xD I'm watching it on Crunchyroll, it sucks because pretty much EVERY other series e.g. GX,5Ds is completely subbed whereas they are only at the Duel Tower (Alcatraz) Finals and its every 2 weeks or so you may get afew episodes .-. I tried long ago to watch online but the subtitles I got were horrible but thanks to Crunchyroll I watched all of 5Ds, was working through GX and Vrains ^^'

:) I plan to watch Devilman Crybaby soon, saw it popped up and looking forward to it. Castlevania was an excellent series...well what few episodes there were but hey they are making more atleast~
Man, classic yellow sub Yu-Gi-Oh.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

The second season of my guilty pleasure anime started this week 8)

Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

I'm finally getting around to watching Game of Thrones. Took me long enough lol.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Watched Fate Stay Night Heavens Feel Movie 1 in theaters today (yes, Aniplex hates Canada and brought it here months after the US). This film confirmed two things for me:

(1) ufotable is the best animation studio in the industry, their animation is miles beyond all other competitors;

(2) ufotable have exhausted themselves with Fate. The entire movie can be summarized as random half-ass'ed scenes depicting "narrative" that are used to stitch together a series of godly animated fights that happen every 20minutes. It's like ufotable stopped trying to write well. The awful pacing and mediocre script really brought the film down to a 6/10 for me. At least some effort on their part towards a well presented plot would have made this an easy 8 or 9 because the animation/battles/music were top tier.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

I finished binge watching Houseki no Kuni and ended up buying all the manga afterwards to see what happens next only to find that the latest released english volume (vol 4) ends exactly where the anime did! orz
It's a solid 10/10 in my book. The animation, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are all top notch.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Bullet Biter wrote:
I finished binge watching Houseki no Kuni and ended up buying all the manga afterwards to see what happens next only to find that the latest released english volume (vol 4) ends exactly where the anime did! orz
It's a solid 10/10 in my book. The animation, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are all top notch.
I've heard this show called "the Steven Universe of anime" among other things.

I'll give an update too: I watched the first episode of DARLING in the FRANXX and immediately dropped it. But, because it's Trigger, I know people will pretend like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. A solid 3/10 from me.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Man, classic yellow sub Yu-Gi-Oh.
xD heck compared to yellow subs there has been afew official subs colours that didn't really fit well and were hard to read. Though i'm further reminded of the horrible Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) fansub I watched, was for the 2nd series but my god I had to translate the translation just to make sense of it .-. Good thing I picked up the official boxsets when they came out in the US ^^'

:/ I've never understood how some "translators" could mess up..well unless they just through the lines into a translation engine and copy/paste:
- Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase/ Shaman King - Character was called Luna/Anna but the name used in subtitles was like Horofrs / Amidadada or something completely wrong.
- English phrases don't are spoken yet the subtitles differ despite being in the same language,I know what your thinking that the english wasn't grammatically correct so they switched it/streamlined it but not in several of the cases I'd seen xD

Just caught up with One Piece again, latest Boruto and watched the second episode of Death March to a Parallel World Rhapsody~
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Falions wrote: I've heard this show called "the Steven Universe of anime" among other things.
That is unfortunate. Even Kodansha put that on the back of the first two issues of the manga and it's really a disservice since the only thing they share are the characters being gemstones. (they did remove it for volumes 3 and 4 thank god)

Houseki no Kuni is pretty much filled with tons of Buddhist imagery and symbolism that ties in beautifully to the main plot and creates such a mysterious world that hearing it compared the SU absolutely destroys me aaaaaaa