.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Arza

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Arza »

Vallen wrote:Kinda old news now, we talked extensively about it on our Discord, but here is the recent interview with the CC2 President and Namco .hack Producer. They talk about how LR was decided to be remade, how loyal the fanbase is, and that they'd like to do more .hack in the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkSUdAlGctw&t=307s

Yeeess. This makes me so happy. I love how excited they were talking about the future of .hack! :)
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Welp, finally got the game after jumping through some hoops in amazon and nearly giving my older sister a heart attack, so far it feels Like a classic PS2 game, what with the wonky camera and all, will post more impressions once I get to playing it more.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

Kaori wrote:Welp, finally got the game after jumping through some hoops in amazon and nearly giving my older sister a heart attack, so far it feels Like a classic PS2 game, what with the wonky camera and all, will post more impressions once I get to playing it more.

Interesting, I've never had a problem with the camera.

Granted, I had Sonic and Kingdom Hearts 1 under my belt for bad cameras...
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Greyoutt wrote:
Kaori wrote:Welp, finally got the game after jumping through some hoops in amazon and nearly giving my older sister a heart attack, so far it feels Like a classic PS2 game, what with the wonky camera and all, will post more impressions once I get to playing it more.

Interesting, I've never had a problem with the camera.

Granted, I had Sonic and Kingdom Hearts 1 under my belt for bad cameras...
Yeah, I've never experienced camera issues either.

Kaori- make sure you adjust your camera settings with the start button, that could be the problem.
Airon

Post by Airon »

I'll give the interview a watch but I'm glad they're still excited about .hack. I really think it's a good time to bring the series back. Anime is a lot more accessible and cheaper, online provides multiple formats for more content from light novels to short OVAs, and games are super accessible, especially if they stay with the steam releases. Add on to how big Gaming journalism has gotten and Youtube and something that was niche like .hack could make a big comeback with the right audience.

It's soo weird but holy cow, playing through LR has made me weirdly nostalgic for 2006 and yet so thankful that we're in 2017!

Welcome Arza! There's a lot of really dedicated folks here and they're all amazing!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i have problems with the camera too, but its probably me. it always seems to recenter itself when im looking to the right or left and start moving. maybe thats normal tho? lol. i didnt play the original ill add.(dont hurt me) (im on steam playing)

bu aside from that, im enjoying the heck out of it.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

So is there an in-game reason why GP drops are lower for lower levels? Since I’m just assuming on a meta level that its standard in JRPG’s(looking at you tales series), but I’m left wondering if CCcorp had some some sort of gold farming business to offset that.
Airon

Post by Airon »

Kaori wrote:So is there an in-game reason why GP drops are lower for lower levels? Since I’m just assuming on a meta level that its standard in JRPG’s(looking at you tales series), but I’m left wondering if CCcorp had some some sort of gold farming business to offset that.
It's pretty normal to drop less money in lower level brackets though, isn't it? That's generally been the case with I think any mmo I've played.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I’m also guessing that since G.U. was made years before IAP’s became a thing, that’s a factor as well, took me a while to realize I can get stuff by trading instead, capitalism ho.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

Canard's Guild Shop is a wonderful source of overpriced revenue.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

I'm not overly familiar with how common updates are for PS4 games. However would everyone else feel if CC2 started to constantly add story updates and content like Square Enix has been doing with Final Fantasy XV?
Last edited by (Phantom) Thief on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:I'm not overly familiar with how common updates for PS4 games. However would everyone else feel if CC2 started to constantly add story updates and content like Square Enix has been doing with Final Fantasy XV?
Wouldn't really be interested tbh. The only reason why I care about XV's updates is because the base game was pretty bare bones since the higher ups forced it out too soon so the updates to XV are less "nice bonus updates" and more "well that makes the story make sense finally".

GU wraps up everything pretty nicely in comparison. However, I wouldn't mind them releasing a translated script for the drama CD and Ragtime though like SE did for XV's JP only media.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Bullet Biter wrote:I wouldn't mind them releasing a translated script for the drama CD and Ragtime though like SE did for XV's JP only media.
Ugh, please. Drama CDs are like a death sentence for localization. I don't think I've ever seen one redone with English VAs.
I don't want Last Recode to be a one-off for us overseas. Don't let the train die, Bamco!
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Falions wrote:
Bullet Biter wrote:I wouldn't mind them releasing a translated script for the drama CD and Ragtime though like SE did for XV's JP only media.
Ugh, please. Drama CDs are like a death sentence for localization. I don't think I've ever seen one redone with English VAs.
I don't want Last Recode to be a one-off for us overseas. Don't let the train die, Bamco!
Maybe fans could create a petition.
Bullet Biter wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:I'm not overly familiar with how common updates for PS4 games. However would everyone else feel if CC2 started to constantly add story updates and content like Square Enix has been doing with Final Fantasy XV?
Wouldn't really be interested tbh. The only reason why I care about XV's updates is because the base game was pretty bare bones since the higher ups forced it out too soon so the updates to XV are less "nice bonus updates" and more "well that makes the story make sense finally".

GU wraps up everything pretty nicely in comparison. However, I wouldn't mind them releasing a translated script for the drama CD and Ragtime though like SE did for XV's JP only media.
I see. I still like to see it and wouldn't mind a before end game fragment like expansion of R:2 or an update stuck somewhere right in between that time Haseo was first DD'ed and after he returns to the game but I haven't exactly finished the game so if it's really wrapped up as good as it can be then what can you do since art should sometimes be left as is.

Mumbles something about always holding back a little...

Innocent Call (Chinese Transcript)
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Maybe fans could create a petition.

Cause we all know how well those work lol
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:

Wasn't Digimon basically revived in the west because of a petition? Either way that is an isolated incident, unless Bamco specifically asks if there's demand I don't think it'll work.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

So before meeting Haseo, I assume Atoli was chosen by Sakaki to hang out with him just so he could have a personal cheerleader? Dude is gonna grow up to become a predator.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kaori wrote:So before meeting Haseo, I assume Atoli was chosen by Sakaki to hang out with him just so he could have a personal cheerleader? Dude is gonna grow up to become a predator.
Atoli hangs out with him because she chooses to, not the other way around. Sakaki, being a manipulative 10 year old boy, wouldn't mind a little doting girl who listens to everything he says.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Didn’t Sakaki recruit her off a suicide website? Depressed people tend to be easily manipulated.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

Falions wrote:
Vallen wrote:

Wasn't Digimon basically revived in the west because of a petition? Either way that is an isolated incident, unless Bamco specifically asks if there's demand I don't think it'll work.
They saw it and said it was 'interesting'. Nothing came out until Cyber Sleuth though, which wasn't even the game the petition was created for.