.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Vallen

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Vallen »

foxkeric wrote:Hey all! I'm totally new to the forums, but G.U. is one of my favorite RPG series...so much so that I ordered the special edition from Amazon.co.jp.
SaberChan, did you get the edition with the postcards? I see you're already scanning in the book, but if anyone wants a scan of the postcards I'd be happy to oblige.

It also comes with an audio dramatization on CD. I could upload a rip, if anyone would want to translate?

I was kind of hoping there would be English subtitles available for some of the content...still happy with my purchase though. It's a unique thing that made me quite happy to open.
Hey welcome, good to have you on board! Sure, bring on the scans/pics of the post cards, I'm curious to see them lol.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

Anybody else skip straight to Volume 4?  Found it funny that Saku's affection is the lowest level out of everyone.

Also how about that secret handshake/brofist?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

.hack//G.U. Last Recode reached 61,816 sales on PS4 in the first week in Japan.

If we now factor the steam sales, and the international sales for EU/NA - I think it's safe to say it sold 100K+ in it's first week. Not too bad.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:.hack//G.U. Last Recode reached 61,816 sales on PS4 in the first week in Japan.

If we now factor the steam sales, and the international sales for EU/NA - I think it's safe to say it sold 100K+ in it's first week. Not too bad.
I would say 100k is fantastic for a remaster of PS2 titles in 2017. Here's hoping Bamco feels the same!
Scias

Post by Scias »

Does anyone know the song name used in this trailer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrU1UIDqv0w

Thanks
hanakohikari

Post by hanakohikari »

Scias wrote:Does anyone know the song name used in this trailer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrU1UIDqv0w

Thanks
just got my last recode premium edition and it's called "Come back to The World" according to the soundtrack :)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It'll be interesting to hear how Matsuyama interprets these numbers. At his recent event he had a lot to say about sales data in general. For instance, in 2007 there were 983 different games released in Japan. Last year it was 424.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

not going to lie. i haven't played much. i've spent hours reading all the news stuff in the game, and watched a few data files in the terminal thing.

i didnt play the original(even tho i own them), but did the original have those data files that give quick(i say quick, but the vids were like 17 minutes) synopsis of like each of the previous games(imoq)? i found it pretty cool.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Avatar_Crim wrote: i didnt play the original(even tho i own them), but did the original have those data files that give quick(i say quick, but the vids were like 17 minutes) synopsis of like each of the previous games(imoq)? i found it pretty cool.
Only in the special edition of Rebirth.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

So is the PC version Moddable?
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kuukai wrote: For instance, in 2007 there were 983 different games released in Japan. Last year it was 424.
Is that exclusively games made in Japan or all games total?
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Kaori wrote:So is the PC version Moddable?
A PC game is always 'moddable'. Is there official CC2 support for modding? No. But a couple of mods have been put up on Steam already.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Falions wrote:
Kuukai wrote: For instance, in 2007 there were 983 different games released in Japan. Last year it was 424.
Is that exclusively games made in Japan or all games total?
I believe Japan only.
Matroska

Post by Matroska »

I'm loving it so far, and the nostalgia hits are amazing, but I really think they've messed up with the increased XP rate. I haven't been trying to grind exactly, just checking out different regions and refamiliarising myself, and my characters are already about level 34 during the arena ranking part of the first game. Also, I'm a lot more aware of upgrading and replacing equipment now (partly down to almost a decade more RPG experience, but especially 'cause of the Dark Souls series) which makes it even easier.

And that's not taking into account the needless damage boost given to players in this version. They really didn't need to do that. They should've had Cheat Mode, Casual Mode and Classic Mode or something - and even then "Hardcore Mode" for people that are far better/more knowledgable about games now and find the standard setting easy. I mean, I think certain fans (myself included) would actually like it to play a bit more like an MMO where each level is more of a big deal and new equipment upgrades feel special.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Matroska wrote:I'm loving it so far, and the nostalgia hits are amazing, but I really think they've messed up with the increased XP rate. I haven't been trying to grind exactly, just checking out different regions and refamiliarising myself, and my characters are already about level 34 during the arena ranking part of the first game. Also, I'm a lot more aware of upgrading and replacing equipment now (partly down to almost a decade more RPG experience, but especially 'cause of the Dark Souls series) which makes it even easier.

And that's not taking into account the needless damage boost given to players in this version. They really didn't need to do that. They should've had Cheat Mode, Casual Mode and Classic Mode or something - and even then "Hardcore Mode" for people that are far better/more knowledgable about games now and find the standard setting easy. I mean, I think certain fans (myself included) would actually like it to play a bit more like an MMO where each level is more of a big deal and new equipment upgrades feel special.
Agreed on all points. I would love a difficulty patch or something to make it somewhat challenging. I mean, the original ps2 versions were pretty easy but the balancing they did to last recode makes it so grinding is completely unnecessary since you level up so fast.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

A hardcore mode would be cool, or at the very least more aggressive AI. Azure Kite hardly attacked me in Vol 1, which I don't remember happening on PS2.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

All these posts are making me feel really insecure about my video game playing abilities. (っ- ‸ – ς)
Falions

Post by Falions »

I went out of my way to grind in vol. 1, but so far in vol. 2 it's been cakewalk areas and bosses one after another. I mean, the games were already pretty easy, so it makes no difference to me. I don't have the time to grind in RPGs like I did when I was younger.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

It's a weird trade-off as you get older, I'm having conflicting feelings on it myself. Games as a whole are becoming easier, which is good from the perspective of being an adult, it helps you get through it quicker. But on the other hand, it kills enjoyment. For example, I completely fell out of Pokemon. The new games' brain-dead easy difficulty killed it for me, now I can only replay the older games for their challenge. It applies to many game franchises for me, I like the game not eating up my time, but some games stop being fun for me since they're easy. It's weird.

Last Recode is okay because the combat was always weak. I like GU for completely different reasons than the fighting mechanics. So I don't mind the easier difficulty/lesser grind in exchange for experiencing the story quicker.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Vallen wrote:It's a weird trade-off as you get older, I'm having conflicting feelings on it myself. Games as a whole are becoming easier, which is good from the perspective of being an adult, it helps you get through it quicker. But on the other hand, it kills enjoyment. For example, I completely fell out of Pokemon. The new games' brain-dead easy difficulty killed it for me, now I can only replay the older games for their challenge. It applies to many game franchises for me, I like the game not eating up my time, but some games stop being fun for me since they're easy. It's weird.

Last Recode is okay because the combat was always weak. I like GU for completely different reasons than the fighting mechanics. So I don't mind the easier difficulty/lesser grind in exchange for experiencing the story quicker.

You said it perfectly. The older I get, the less time I spend on time consuming games but at the same time it has to keep me invested in it and not be overly easy where I'm feeling brain dead playing it.