The "I beat Volume 4!" Thread.

Greyoutt

The "I beat Volume 4!" Thread.

Post by Greyoutt »

Hope it's okay if I post this!

What did you all think?

I thought it was a nice epilogue, although I was a bit disappointed by the lack of missions with every party member (unless I missed something,
I moved onto Volume 1 pretty quick). The Vegalta fights were also really interesting, if not a bit easy.

Also  the Vegalta Chimera is NIGHTMARE INDUCING.
Bullet Biter

Re: The "I beat Volume 4!" Thread.

Post by Bullet Biter »

The "promise card" endings were great and it was a nice way to wrap up GU, but boy am I salty you can't see Ovan's member address card because mail is "under maintenance"!!!
The animation style for cutscenes was kind of neat imo. I'm not a fan of CGI anime and while it was choppy in some parts I think the action scenes were well executed.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Got all 52 achievements on the PC version. Volume seems likes its going to retcon a lot of things that happen after R:2 or that it would be a split timeline or something.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

zaseo wrote:Got all 52 achievements on the PC version. Volume seems likes its going to retcon a lot of things that happen after R:2 or that it would be a split timeline or something.
I'd be okay with that kind of thing. While I'm not the biggest fan of some of the stuff LINK introduced, a lot of people would probably be disappointed if it were made non-canon. At the very least a redo of it in HD would be cool.
Bullet Biter wrote: The "promise card" endings were great and it was a nice way to wrap up GU, but boy am I salty you can't see Ovan's member address card because mail is "under maintenance"!!!
 The lack of any News, Forum posts, or Email was a bit disappointing. But I don't think I'm gonna lose sleep over it.
k-su

Post by k-su »

It was nice to revisiting that world, the characters and the lore surrounding them. Plot was decent, if a little shonen-esque, while giving new incite into things relative to the present plot and beyond. Presentation was great, though the occasional jittering of the animation at times irked me. Music was excellent.The final boss was quite the spectacle to behold. All around, it was a satisfying conclusion.

However, while I enjoyed Vol. 4, I'm glad I decided to play it first instead of waiting. Vol. 4 locked us out of features the entire campaign and part of the immersion in these games come from those features and the sense of progression and accomplishment you get from building up your Haseo in level and gear. If I'd done it the way I'd planned, I'd probably feel the loss of those features a lot more, since I would have spent time building them up.

I wasn't quite in my groove either until partway through Vol 1, so it'll probably feel a lot better playing it again after replaying the other Volumes.