Things you hope get updated in Last Recode

Vallen

Things you hope get updated in Last Recode

Post by Vallen »

Alright folks, while the original thread is mostly news/scans/translations/and trailers - I was thinking we can discuss the changes, additions, and improvements we want to see in the GU Remake. I had a few ideas for now, but will add more later:

-I remember storage was very limited in your guild, I was always forced to sell many items that I would have preferred to keep. So hopefully the guild storage gets expanded.

-I hope character relationships don't go down. I hated how party members would drop to the red if I didn't put them in my party for a while. Hoping the affection meter only flows one way in this Remake.

-I wouldn't mind if we were given more commands to order our party better. A more in-depth party strategy option would be cool.

-The voiced dialogue pause in between sentences needs to be removed. I remember there was like a 0.5 second pause between every voiced line. Hopefully those get smoothed out.

-Bookmarking Holy Grounds. I don't recall that option, but it would be neat if we were to get a separate tab for all the special locations and Holy Grounds to avoid searching for them each time.

-Better bike controls. The bike was rough in the controls-department. Hoping they can smooth it out a little bit more (and maybe add more customization items to pimp it out).

-More quests in older towns. I remember once you finish a game and move on to the next volume, the city from the previous volume would be accessible but useless. There were no new quests. All quests were essentially in the new town introduced in that particular volume. It would be nice if they spread the quests a little better throughout available cities in each game.

-More post game content. Unfortunately the end of Volume 3 meant pretty much the end of the game. All you could do was complete the long and boring Forest of Pain dungeon to get Tabby and the secret epilogue. Grinding to max level felt tedious without high level quests and ultimately un-rewarding at the end (we got new guns right, and that's it). Hoping they add more high level quest lines and rewards to keep the post-game more entertaining.

-Crimson Versus Online. It would be cool if Crimson Versus could be played against other players. It's a pretty straightforward mini game, I would love to face against people's decks rather than the CPU generated opponents.
Lindz

Re: Things you hope get updated in Last Recode

Post by Lindz »

I hope they don't take out the bike time trial glitch... Oh this is for things we want changed!

- More message board & news posts for Vol.2/3. The number of new ones drop like a rock after Rebirth. The official board especially, it gets like 1 or 2 new posts in the subsequent games.
- Make logging return you to the desktop ala IMOQ.
- Completely change the menus to something that doesn't suck!
- Just make the recurring quests carry on through each game rather than rehashing 'em from scratch each time.
- Dump item/skill cooldown.
- Make the PCs running around towns/fields look more distinct.
- Have all of the field/dungeon types available from start to end (+new ones).
- Make better use of all the field/dungeon types! Seriously there's only a single mandatory visit to the Cloister type dungeons in the whole series. That's not right.
Vallen wrote:-I hope character relationships don't go down. I hated how party members would drop to the red if I didn't put them in my party for a while. Hoping the affection meter only flows one way in this Remake.
That's a thing? Learning something new 10 years later~
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Lindz wrote: - Just make the recurring quests carry on through each game rather than rehashing 'em from scratch each time. +1
- Make the PCs running around towns/fields look more distinct. +1
k-su

Post by k-su »

Give NPCs more interesting placement in fields/dungeons. Maybe you warp in and find a party chasing a chimchim around in an open area away from everything else. Maybe a character staring at the ocean or in the flowers. Give them something to say that's relevant to that situation. Have maybe 2-3 of these programmed to spawn to random keywords. Doesn't need to be frequent, but it'd add to the immersion of the setting.

Maybe take a cue from Persona 4/5's dungeon play (I think IMOQ may have actually done this somewhat, but can't quite remember) where they have the characters banter among themselves when you talk to them. Maybe Alkaid acts competitive towards Endrance, whose focus is on Haseo. Pi tries to lecture Haseo, but Kuhn wants her to ease up a bit and she snaps at him before backing off. Piros getting on someone's nerves or getting trolled. Matsu's hotblood getting Bo fired up about going through the dungeon. Animosity between Alkaid and Bordeaux. Could also help with boosting affection points via interactions. Could be activated when you choose to trade or talk with a single character, by adding another option to the list.

Maybe a small cosmetic accessory, which could be used to help differentiate players should they add in online. The goggles some NPCs wear for example. Make it class specific, with Haseo and Matsu being able to wear a wider variety because Adept Rogue. Maybe as something special, throw in Prototype trailer Haseo's costume with the cloak for the coolness factor.

Ability to equip one ability to Skeith from the avatars you've defeated up to that point. Would add some variety to avatar battles. Only one, though.

Bring back field music transition. Hearing the calm ambiance of a quiet field suddenly become more fastpaced as you encounter enemies was great in IMOQ.

Boss rush tournament, maybe. Each round consists of a slightly stronger version of a particular boss or team of bosses, with a nice reward at the end.

More fanart on the BBS. Those were great and they'll be even better in HD.

All I can think of atm.
Last edited by k-su on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Some initial thought are...

An Improvement to Avatar Space - An adjustment to how fights are completed in Avatar Space, that allows players to take advantage of the vertical plane of the area. I would like to be able zoom around like Skeith, Innus and The Azure Flame Deity are during cut-scenes or movies.

Additions from the novels - An inclusion of the lost lands from the novel series such as the Balbol Museum, a location where every bit of information within the game can be found and the Six Ringing Peaks of Al Fadel where Kuhn looses his eyesight, an update to the sugar mansion some of the game, the conversion where Ovan PKed Shino and some of the breaking visuals displaying how Ovan is able to surpass the system.

Additional Character Development - In more ways than just a few Sakaki is more like Haseo/Sora than shown and I would like to see something between the two of the from one previous 10 year old genius to another.

Silver Knight - We know Ginkan still plays the game. And like Haseo he was also someone initally thrust into an unknown search for the key of the twilight by an abnornal guildmaster: Ovan/Crim, then abandoned to take care of their repsective loved ones such IE Shino or Subaru. Only to be trolled back and forth over needing to become stronger once their absent role model finally returned to the guild.

Kazumi - Because G.U. + needs to be a thing somehow.

Special NPC - Custom character models for some of the players found in the Apakallu Boards., so that NPC have more levels of diversify.

And finally - A better connection with the rest of the 2nd season timelines like how Saboru was present while Haseo battled Tri Edge, etc.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

k-su wrote:More fanart on the BBS. Those were great and they'll be even better in HD.
Now that ya mention it, I hope the ingame wallpaper can be saved to console like in Link. I mean I guess we'll probably be able to just use the share button to take a screenshot of it but a dev approved way would be nice. It would also be nice is they didn't at any point disable share functionalities!
(Phantom) Thief wrote:And finally - A better connection with the rest of the 2nd season timelines like how Saboru was present while Haseo battled Tri Edge, etc.
Yes! We need more Saburou cause Saburou is awesome. Also Tohta. The buck being passed to him then suddenly Antares was always weird as heck. May as well throw all the Roots characters in. Always thought it was strange that IMOQ had so many SIGN character appearances but Roots which was even more connected with G.U. had so few. Have Canard help out Cashmere & Wool on a quest. Have Pilocchio & Ito running their shop in town. Throw in Adamas & Kaho to. Could just have 'em running around towns randomly like other PCs. Maybe squeeze in a GnU character or two as well. Season 2 always felt oddly disconnected from itself an that ought be fixed.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Since we're having the game updated, why not make the Demon Palace Arena more interesting?

Since CyberConnect2 does the Naurto games, wouldn't be hard to insert them as a special guest battle. And while on the subject, CC2 did a collab for SquareEnix's FF7 Remake for awhile there, why not introduce Cloud to the arena battles too?

Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

I'd love more party members, though I'll pass on Cloud. :P
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Oxidizer wrote:I'd love more party members, though I'll pass on Cloud. :P
#Midori4GU
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Give other classes more weapons(even if just pallet swaps). There are plenty of Dual Swords and Broadswords but other classes are lacking.

Reapers and Macabre Dancer are MIA for volume 1. Macabre Dancers have so little weapons. I think there is only 1 that can be bought and the others are special weapons that only Yata and Hiragi has.

Would be cool to have the light and darkness elements in early game.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Alright we have our thoughts, but now somehow they need a chance to become a reality, I recommend we write a letter in japanese, (and buy some stock) (or some our ideas gain ground) they're around 80 percent done so it might happen but I think there's still time. Still though if any of it is in already it might be a really pleasant surprise.

Also Syake as a party member would make me smile
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I hope the art from Apkallu gets higher res images. Some of those were really nice!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Some of these are already addressed. If it hasn't been translated anywhere else yet I can put out a full list, but inventory slots and texture resolution are definitely on there.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

It's great to see you back Kuukai! I was starting to get a little worried, since you've been around since the very start and I knew you couldn't stay away forever for when we get some real big news like this!

As for a translation... if you'd be willing we'd be much appreciative, there's still some misinformation or confusion and to have a clear translation would be wonderful.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They've addressed a lot of gripes. Here's what they've announced so far:
Graphics Changes
-Full HD 1080p native resolution, with widescreen 16:9 layout and 4k output compatibility
-60fps
-Cutscenes remastered to HD (excluding some of the bonus videos, etc.)
-HD textures for scenery and UI
-High-resolution shadows
-Anti-aliasing

System Changes
-Cheat Mode: For enjoying the story, makes the game one-hit easy (like Parody Mode in the original games).
-Retry: Allows you to retry when you lose
-Battle balance and tempo adjustments: Faster movement speed, higher attack power, decreased attack pause frames, more experience earned
-Control and menu changes: 20 save slots per volume instead of 7, option to reset to default level rather than pulling in your data from the previous volume, inventory size changed to 90 instead of 30, max item count changed to 99 instead of 50, item menu tabs can be navigated with one button, item menu shortcut controls, item menu sorting by multiple categories added, ability to repeatedly use the same item, the UI has been changed to make open equipment slots easier to work with, shop menus display the number of a item you currently carry, max Chim Spheres and Virus Cores changed from 99 to 999, new healing option "Platform break" has been added to Platforms from the start of the game, probability of a party member randomly using an item you don't want them to has been lowered, can specifically invite Saku or Bo, Canard's shop "Acorn" icon added to the town map, Vol.2&3 improvements included in Vol.1.
-Battle changes: Faster weapon level gain, option to skip Awakening cutscenes, toning down the flash on enemies that display damage, Gaspard's original orders changed from "Life to "Free Will," certain difficult enemies are easier, limit added to enemies who summon each other, flying gauge/armor gauge damage increased, (lower) probability of suffering status ailments such as paralysis or sleep (probability of inflicting them on enemies stays the same), probability of attacking during "Life" strategy increased, increased damage for Beast Awakening.
-Avatar battle changes: Skeith's regular shot is faster, enemy stats rebalanced, stun gauge added above enemy's head, help UI redone, effect of level on Avatar increased, Serpent of Lore VR System Avatar Battles can now be canceled mid-battle.

Content changes:
-Marriage event expanded to all party members
-Terminal disc cutscenes interwoven into the flow of the game
-New epilogue(?)

In Summary:
The series is now 3-6 hours less padded :)
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kuukai wrote:-Anti-aliasing
Thats a very much needed thing. G.U. games look way jaggy compared to IMOQ.
inventory size changed to 90 instead of 30, max item count changed to 99 instead of 50
That will be great if they remove the item use cooldown. Could spam items just like in the old days!
max Chim Spheres and Virus Cores changed from 99 to 999
Oh thank god. I'ma just farm 999 chims at the start of Rebirth and hopefully never have to again afterwards.
new healing option "Platform break" has been added to Platforms
Wasn't this a guild rank up prize previously? Wonder if they'll change that to something else.
Vol.2&3 improvements included in Vol.1.
But will the Vol.3 improvements be included in Vol.2?
Avatar battle changes: Skeith's regular shot is faster, enemy stats rebalanced, stun gauge added above enemy's head, help UI redone, effect of level on Avatar increased, Serpent of Lore VR System Avatar Battles can now be canceled mid-battle.
But will they fix the audio on these so that the bgm and voice clips won't be drowned out by shot/attack noise?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Lindz wrote:
new healing option "Platform break" has been added to Platforms
Wasn't this a guild rank up prize previously? Wonder if they'll change that to something else.
Oops, added "from the start."
Lindz wrote:
Vol.2&3 improvements included in Vol.1.
But will the Vol.3 improvements be included in Vol.2?
It's probably all one engine now.
Lindz wrote:But will they fix the audio on these so that the bgm and voice clips won't be drowned out by shot/attack noise?
Good question. Seems like they're thinking along the right lines though.
God Ginrai

Post by God Ginrai »

I hope they add more avatar battles. Maybe as side quests?

Also, they need to make sure that Speed Charms are purchasable at the beginning of the game.

Also, it would be neat if they added an online (and local maybe?) multiplayer option that used the arena battle system.

-God Ginrai
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

I would really like to have some new Party Members.

- Aina
- Sakisaka (since he has returned for Returner, then maybe he can join one last time!).
- Sakaki (sure, he was an absolute asshole, but I really like his design, lol).
- IYOTEN and Asta (maybe I'm a weirdo but I actually like these characters. I was really hoping they would join in the Vol. 3 just like Bordeaux did).

Ultimately though I think none of them will be Party Members. Perhaps Aina, but even that I have my doubts. We will see.
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

I really hope they didn't make the game even easier, especially with faster leveling. I've always had the problem of over leveling throughout the game, get bored, and finally rush through the game at max level because I wanted to explore dungeons. I wish they would add more weapons for the other classes who don't have a lot. When I went from IMOQ to G.U. I realized I liked the leveling speed, weapon collection, and dungeon layouts more in IMOQ, but loved the combat style, Characters, and Story of G.U.