Random facts about YOU!

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

SSJScygoku

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:So where I live, in Toronto, it finally warmed up.
^^' wow thats some horrible weather, we've had maybe the odd day or two of snow and thats about it.

Good luck with your last class and either finding a job or post grad d(^-^)

:P You can never go back~ :P an adult who can still have fun and enjoy his interests I hope
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Vallen wrote:So where I live, in Toronto, it finally warmed up.
^^' wow thats some horrible weather, we've had maybe the odd day or two of snow and thats about it.

Good luck with your last class and either finding a job or post grad d(^-^)

:P You can never go back~ :P an adult who can still have fun and enjoy his interests I hope
Thanks <3
I also hope that my interests stay the same, I've seen far too many friends on various forums leave shortly after finishing uni and entering the real world. Having fun and having hobbies is important too.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:So where I live, in Toronto, it finally warmed up. After those few snowstorms in early April, spring finally came.
My lectures are also now over, and I only have a few exams next week.

This summer is very important to me, I'll be taking my last class at my university (graduating in August!) - I will also have to use this summer to job search and search for post grad - whichever option I will land quicker is the one I'll take lol...

But I also have been thinking back to my childhood a lot lately, a sort of reflection of the last 10-15 years of my life. Trying to remember and compare the type of person I was in the 2000s, and where I was, and the people who were around me at the time. It's a strange feeling I've been experiencing. I feel happy I'm transitioning from being a student to basically an adult, but at the same time, I keep thinking to my teenage days and really missing them. I'm excited, but a little worried too haha.
I remember giving you advice on game stores in Toronto a few years ago, but hey, maybe we've sat together on the TTC without even knowing it. It's heart-warming to know there is another dot hacker in the city. :D

I also am halfway through my undergraduate! Most of my time this summer will be spent playing video games and also working. I work at a game store, too, so there's no escaping it. I'm also going to Tokyo again in a couple weeks! Expect some pictures of whatever .hack goods I acquire.

I'm still a student and even though my turn to graduate will be coming soon enough I feel like nothing will be all too different. I have mostly been the same person my whole life. I mean, here I am, posting in a .hack forum that I used to lurk when I was a kid. I mostly just hone my tastes and that's it. I don't think I'm too different at 19 then I was at 9, I mean, other than the whole "maturity" thing.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Falions wrote:I remember giving you advice on game stores in Toronto a few years ago, but hey, maybe we've sat together on the TTC without even knowing it. It's heart-warming to know there is another dot hacker in the city. :D

I'm still a student and even though my turn to graduate will be coming soon enough I feel like nothing will be all too different. I have mostly been the same person my whole life. I mean, here I am, posting in a .hack forum that I used to lurk when I was a kid. I mostly just hone my tastes and that's it. I don't think I'm too different at 19 then I was at 9, I mean, other than the whole "maturity" thing.
Yes, I remember! I only managed to track down Infection, then gave up lol. Still hoping for an HD collection.. one day.

Yeah, it's weird. "Maturity" is such a vague concept - I wouldn't say I'm that different from when I was 12. Still have mostly the same group of friends and interests. Sure, people come and go, and interests expand - but otherwise it's still me. There is also slight pressure when you look at people surrounding you. Girls becoming moms, guys getting their careers together - that sort of thing. I wholeheartedly believe that it is pointless to compete with others, you are you, our life paths are unique and it's just silly trying to compare yourself to others. Saying that, though, there is a good quote that I also like; it states "to be aware but not compare." In that sense, while your life is individual, do keep in mind what is going on around you, it helps you stay on track.

From my experience, I would define "growing up" as the process of going through **** that life throws at you and dealing with scummy people. It's a sad truth, but far too many things in our lives are beyond our control. In just the last years I spent at uni, so much **** happened that helped me acquire a new perspective of the world. It's true that you stay/feel the same as ten years ago, but now you have experience about the imperfect world and people around us (which we didn't know as kids or teens). Gotta stay focused and be smart, a lot of people are out there to get you, so make sure you don't end up being had.
I suppose it's the events and people, good or bad, that accumulate over the years ultimately expand your horizons and viewpoints. While interests and hobbies stay in the same realm, all the other crap eats away at your time. It's hard to be successful in life, gotta work very hard for it - and in the process your naive-self gets groomed into a moody adult, lol. So we need to keep that in mind and stay positive in retaliation to the curve-balls that are thrown your way as you go on.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

RF1: What a coincidence... I'm in Toronto as well. Although I'm more on the western side.

RF2: I feel really old.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Eyyy! Torontonians are true .hack fans woot woot
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Any of you doing anything fun or interesting this summer?
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:Any of you doing anything fun or interesting this summer?
I am actually sitting in the airport back to Toronto from Tokyo. That's about it.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Falions wrote:
I am actually sitting in the airport back to Toronto from Tokyo. That's about it.
Share how your trip was (once you're back)!
Me and my friend are considering going this fall, but we're not sure if it'll be too difficult without a person who already visited beforehand.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:
Falions wrote:
Share how your trip was (once you're back)!
Me and my friend are considering going this fall, but we're not sure if it'll be too difficult without a person who already visited beforehand.
I went by myself for the first time last year. Granted I had a cursory knowledge of Japanese (much better now!) but also all the signs and so on had English. I will be posting my .hack finds when I'm home! I'm in the Chicago airport right now. My flight got delayed!
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

RF1: Avy/sig update.

RF2: I just suffered some nerve damage in my back... due to this, my right leg is KILLING me. >__< It's gonna take a month to heal, apparently...

RF3: Anything fun for the summer? Well I am hoping to attend Bot Brawl in Toronto on July 8th/9th. Thing is, I usually work weekends so I dunno if I can make it.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Should we make a Discord group for dothackers? I feel like communities are more popular now than forums?
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

We have one already, don't we? Not that I'm using it at the moment, I've taken a break from the Discord server at the moment for personal reasons.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Can anyone link me?

EDIT: I found that random post with an expired link lol...
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

I forgot this forum existed.
No ****.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

looks like a lot has happened in the few many months ive not been on.

new news about me, finally got a pretty cool job. setting up lighting, video, audio for all kinds of events. most recent cool ones include u.s. open, a bunch of award ceremonies for big football players, and fox sports. kind of why i disappeared. just been so busy.

also, still been staffing them pokemon tournaments. I finally am now an organizer and can host my own leagues and tournaments now. so whoop.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Avatar_Crim wrote:looks like a lot has happened in the few many months ive not been on.

new news about me, finally got a pretty cool job. setting up lighting, video, audio for all kinds of events. most recent cool ones include u.s. open, a bunch of award ceremonies for big football players, and fox sports. kind of why i disappeared. just been so busy.

also, still been staffing them pokemon tournaments. I finally am now an organizer and can host my own leagues and tournaments now. so whoop.
Welcome back bud and congratz! I'm happy for you :)
I too am job searching for decent work related to my field. You didn't miss much, they just announced GU HD collection last week and that's it.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

thanks. hopefully you find something good as well.

as for gu hd, was there a date announced?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I've been recently reading discworld to pass the time now that I got a job working for small government, also, everybody is back, POWER UP THE BASS CANNON!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Kaori wrote:I've been recently reading discworld to pass the time now that I got a job working for small government, also, everybody is back, POWER UP THE BASS CANNON!
wub wub wub wub