Bleach Manga is Ending Tomorrow

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Vallen

Bleach Manga is Ending Tomorrow

Post by Vallen »

So we don't seem to have a manga sub-forum, so I'll post here. Well, tomorrow is the final Bleach chapter (686). After Shonen Jump gave Kubo the middle finger and forced him to end Bleach in the middle of the final arc in less than 5 chapters - I wonder how it'll all wrap up. Bleach has been serializing since Aug 20th, 2001 - Aug 22nd, 2016 (official chapter release date) --- a solid 15 year run, quite precise.

I knew of it's existence since 2003 but didn't become a fan until 2006. Quite hard to believe a decade already went by. I hope it's a good conclusion that gives us closure and ties up as many loose ends as possible.
Vallen

Re: Bleach Manga is Ending Tomorrow

Post by Vallen »

What a disappointing conclusion. Sigh... thanks a lot SJ -_-
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Vallen wrote: I wonder how it'll all wrap up. Bleach has been serializing since Aug 20th, 2001 - Aug 22nd, 2016 (official chapter release date) --- a solid Ichigo year run, quite precise.
Yeah its somewhat upsetting with all of the foreshadowing Kubo has been planning. However maybe this is how things were meant to be. But hopefully the live action (who dare gave them the rights. Kubo has always been against live action :? ) will do well for the series. I guess things are bitter sweet because of how loved the series was. However like with Naruto or when Dragon Ball first ended it might pay off even better in the end. Referencing the later movies and series of course.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

The ending was pretty eh to me. I like that there were some definite pairings... But I can see that people are going to be pretty unhappy with it. With all the retconning and the whole long run time... Like Naruto, I'm glad it's over. One piece will never end.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Helbaworshipper wrote:The ending was pretty eh to me. I like that there were some definite pairings... But I can see that people are going to be pretty unhappy with it. With all the retconning and the whole long run time... Like Naruto, I'm glad it's over. One piece will never end.
It seems people are never happy. I find it weird how they complain over pairings when there is so much else that needs answers. I think the main issue is all the things that were never addressed, rather than the pairings. But oh well, it's over, it was a fun and bumpy ride, I still enjoyed the story as a whole.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i thought kubo said he had no plans to ever end the manga.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Avatar_Crim wrote:i thought kubo said he had no plans to ever end the manga.
He originally planned to end it.

You know what won't end? Once Piece and Detective Conan.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

[quote="Helbaworshipper"
You know what won't end? Once Piece and Detective Conan.[/quote]

This is I am ok with.... Well, to an extent lol. I enjoy both of them tremendously, including filler(for the most part)
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Helbaworshipper wrote:You know what won't end? Once Piece and Detective Conan.
I'm just waiting for the world to end when SJ decide to cut OP short and kick it out of their magazine without prior notice :^)
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Vallen wrote:
Helbaworshipper wrote:You know what won't end? Once Piece and Detective Conan.
I'm just waiting for the world to end when SJ decide to cut OP short and kick it out of their magazine without prior notice :^)
Maybe Oda that would open his own magazine company. One Piece Weekly Jump; 80 pages of pure badassery with additional comics under the supervision of comic genius EIichiro Oda.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

He can probably buy SJ at this point haha

Post by Avatar_Crim »

(Phantom) Thief wrote: Maybe Oda that would open his own magazine company. One Piece Weekly Jump; 80 pages of pure badassery with additional comics under the supervision of comic genius EIichiro Oda.
I'm ok with this.