Rare games being reprinted

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Rare games being reprinted

Post by Kaori »

So a canadian conpany is reprinting hard to find DS games, I must say, this is pretty convenient as I can now get Infinite Space, wonder if they will consider reprinting Solatorobo.
http://nichegamer.com/2016/04/21/canadi ... knife-1-2/

Re: Rare games being reprinted

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I saw that, thought it was kind of cool. Then I saw it was in Canada, and had a single tear roll down my face. I'm sure they ship, but dem costs lol. Which thinking about it, are the games up there technically the same region as the U.S.? Like, would region locking affect it? I honestly don't know :p
Falions

Post by Falions »

Avatar_Crim wrote:I saw that, thought it was kind of cool. Then I saw it was in Canada, and had a single tear roll down my face. I'm sure they ship, but dem costs lol. Which thinking about it, are the games up there technically the same region as the U.S.? Like, would region locking affect it? I honestly don't know :p
No, it counts as NA. Besides, DS doesn't have region-lock. I played a PAL DS game on my NA 3DS just recently, so don't worry.
But now you finally know our pain! All those shipping costs on US orders! Some eBay sellers don't even offer shipping to Canada!
I'm very tempted to get Infinite Space, but I must resist. I need to save money for my trip.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I was pretty sure 3DS has region locking, but if it doesn't, hmmmm lol.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Avatar_Crim wrote:I was pretty sure 3DS has region locking, but if it doesn't, hmmmm lol.
Yes, for 3DS games. Not for DS titles.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Ah, So I can play any DS game from anywhere on my 3DS? It's only 3DS games I'm limited to the region?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:P You can pick up the UK Solatorobo cheap from the UK, doesn't cost anywhere as near as the US version plus its region free. Though supporting this company's releases would allow them to reprint more.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Avatar_Crim wrote:Ah, So I can play any DS game from anywhere on my 3DS? It's only 3DS games I'm limited to the region?
You got it! However, DSi enhanced games (like Solatorobo) are region-locked.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Cool. Then at some point, then at some point in the future may go get a few games from the DS that I Never got to play lol. unless I find out they are all DSi enhanced. solatorobo is unfortunately one I did want to get.