Speculation + the future of N.U.

RushingStream

Re: Speculation + the future of N.U.

Post by RushingStream »

I'm concerned about the part where it says it'll be a reboot. I think that the series is heading towards a very interesting and intense point in the saga. You have a cyber agency looking for the artificially intelligent entity known as Aura, and it's willing to kill for it. You also have Bullet's plot, which has been very exciting to read thus far. The sense of danger is very present in those stories and I am eager to know the direction thosr stories will take.

Of course, If the new project involves a total reboot of the saga then there is little point in waiting for a climax. And if they mean to reboot the story in the sense that it takes place in a new "The World" (much like The World from Sign when compared to the one from Roots), then it could still pick up after the plot from Beyond the World. And thus there is still hope!

Honestly, they have a lot of interesting and exciting directions to take with the story they have set so far. A total reboot would be, in my opinion, a massive waste of potential. Not to mention it would be a huge "screw you" to the original fanbase. But maybe that last part is just an exaggeration.

All I'm saying is that they better not screw this up.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

I'm hoping that perhaps N.U. could appeal to a broader audience c: The art so far looks like your more conventional anime fare, so maybe new fans could be drawn in by the aesthetics.

My only concern (aside from never seeing a console release) is that perhaps the new designs are a bit too generic? The concept art had a lot of personality, but whoever they passed along the concept art to, they seemed to refine it in such a way that sorta zaps out the personality from the original doodles.
God Ginrai

Post by God Ginrai »

Avatar_Crim wrote:I know everyone wants it on ps4, but I would prefer it multi-platform on xbox one and ps4 so I don't have to go out and buy a ps4 lol.
Honestly, IMHO, multiplatform ruins games. The developers have to spend so much time debugging and tweaking for each platform rather than using that time to create new content and better gameplay.
Avatar_Crim wrote:well, its a plus if it makes it to xbox or PC. I can't see myself getting a new console for 1 game lol.
I would for a new .hack// game. But *only* after I knew it was getting localized for certain. I'm not going to buy one unless I see Bandai Namco (or some other publsiher) officially announce localization. We saw how well the promise to localize Guilty Dragon turned out... -_-

-God Ginrai
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

New event in the game:

.hack x SAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobG5c_1lw4
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

The game is officially shutting down:
http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 56&t=19897
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

.-. I heard the news but that did not last anywhere near as long compared to Guilty Dragon, wonder if vol 2 will take its place but seems unlikely given it should be an update rather than a new server.

^^' I'd prefer they put them onto the PS4 or do something with .hack (Project N.U.) via the Switch seeing as Namdai are collaborating.