What do you guys want for christmas?

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

What do you guys want for christmas?

Post by Kaori »

With Christmas right around the corner, what do you guys want for the holidays? As for me, I want the HG Hyakuri along with add-ons 1 and 2 for Iron Blooded Orphans.
SSJScygoku

Re: What do you guys want for christmas?

Post by SSJScygoku »

Hmm as for my I wouldn't mind any anime from the list I made of UK titles thats came out in the past year or so that i'm missing xD People have asked for the list but not clue what they'll get me from it.
shugo k

Post by shugo k »

I want someone to pay my rent.... Or a PS2 with all the .Hack games! ^.^

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I wouldn't mind xenoblade chronicles x, or all my school loans to be paid(lol).
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I think the last time I got presents from my family for Christmas was when I was like 15 years old.. back in 2007 or so. And then as I grew older I stopped wanting things at all. These days I buy whatever I want whenever I feel like it -- don't really need to wait for someone to gift it to me.

If I had to choose something though, it would be that Kara no Kyoukai blu ray collection. Never in my life will I pay that much money for a single movie set.
Avatar_Crim wrote:I wouldn't mind xenoblade chronicles x, or all my school loans to be paid(lol).
^That haha. Yes please, can someone pay for my tuition loans? ^_^
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:If I had to choose something though, it would be that Kara no Kyoukai blu ray collection. Never in my life will I pay that much money for a single movie set.
o-0 sweet jesus on a motorbike,thats like the super pricey Fate/Stay boxsets that cost a bomb. Why can't they just sell the movies individually instead of wanting so much, would make it more accessible.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Vallen wrote:I think the last time I got presents from my family for Christmas was when I was like 15 years old.. back in 2007 or so. And then as I grew older I stopped wanting things at all. These days I buy whatever I want whenever I feel like it -- don't really need to wait for someone to gift it to me.

If I had to choose something though, it would be that Kara no Kyoukai blu ray collection. Never in my life will I pay that much money for a single movie set.
Avatar_Crim wrote:I wouldn't mind xenoblade chronicles x, or all my school loans to be paid(lol).
^That haha. Yes please, can someone pay for my tuition loans? ^_^
Dahack? Why don't you guys pay upfront with cash? I always pay for my tuition in full, and sometimes I get change.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i wish i could pay in full. but i had no money when i going to college lol. :P
shugo k

Post by shugo k »

Oh god yes. To have my loans paid back would be a dope x-mas present! T___T
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Vallen wrote:If I had to choose something though, it would be that Kara no Kyoukai blu ray collection. Never in my life will I pay that much money for a single movie set.
I remember that ridiculous price for that blu-ray box set. Thank you Aniplex of America T_T
People laughed and there was a backlash at the price. Doubt its even selling like hot cakes.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Money, money, money$$$.

I'd rather have that so I can buy anything I like.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

zerokoolpsx wrote:I remember that ridiculous price for that blu-ray box set. Thank you Aniplex of America T_T
People laughed and there was a backlash at the price. Doubt its even selling like hot cakes.
Unfortunately thats their marketing strategy, only sell afew at a crazy price to make ends meet which much work otherwise you'd think Aniplex would've reverted their practices to conventional prices ^^' The Fate/Stay sets were the same .-.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

SSJScygoku wrote:
zerokoolpsx wrote:I remember that ridiculous price for that blu-ray box set. Thank you Aniplex of America T_T
Unfortunately thats their marketing strategy, only sell afew at a crazy price to make ends meet which much work otherwise you'd think Aniplex would've reverted their practices to conventional prices ^^' The Fate/Stay sets were the same .-.

The fate sets were like $150 a pop, still expensive. But the regular dvd versions were like $60, so affordable. The Kara no Kyoukai sets that were on dvd and affordable became discontinued within 9 months and now the show is only available for half a grand. Not to mention that it's subbed only. It seems AoA is trying to make less money.

Their business practices also fuel pirating, something that other companies are working hard to prevent. Funi, Viz, and Sentai are going out of their way to stream, license, broadcast dub, and release anime as fast as possible for affordable prices and many outlets. They are making watching and owning anime very easy and convenient -- hence encouraging people to stream it legally and so on. But the things Aniplex does contradicts everyone's efforts when they put a subtitiled show for $350 and only available though niche outlets. Big companies don't carry their stuff. So people say "screw it, I can watch a subtitled anime online for free"
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:The fate sets were like $150 a pop, still expensive. But the regular dvd versions were like $60, so affordable. The Kara no Kyoukai sets that were on dvd and affordable became discontinued within 9 months and now the show is only available for half a grand. Not to mention that it's subbed only. It seems AoA is trying to make less money.

Their business practices also fuel pirating, something that other companies are working hard to prevent. Funi, Viz, and Sentai are going out of their way to stream, license, broadcast dub, and release anime as fast as possible for affordable prices and many outlets. They are making watching and owning anime very easy and convenient -- hence encouraging people to stream it legally and so on. But the things Aniplex does contradicts everyone's efforts when they put a subtitiled show for $350 and only available though niche outlets. Big companies don't carry their stuff. So people say "screw it, I can watch a subtitled anime online for free"
*checks* Ah those are for Fate/Zero, I was referring to Unlimited Blade Works which are priced around the $400 mark each (http://en.animate-onlineshop.jp/index.p ... ts_id=5803) (http://en.animate-onlineshop.jp/index.p ... ts_id=5334) xD It may seem like it but surely they must be doing okay if they haven't changed tactics,perhaps people see these sets get rare quickly so atleast afew fans pick them up during their intial release @.@

^^' we can only hope another company either in the UK/Australia picks up the series for normal priced boxsets.

You can say that again, not everybody would pay that price let be able to, no wonder people pirate series picked up by them :/ Luckily several of their titles I get at normal price or they reach the UK so aren't crazy expensive xD You got that right, those companies have been doing their utmost to get anime to everyone,even re-releasing some series aswell compared to AoA who if you are lucky,somewhere down the line will release standard editions :/

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i actually got xenoblade chronicles x for christmas... though i bought it myself lol.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote:i actually got xenoblade chronicles x for christmas... though i bought it myself lol.
xD now you have a spare copy~

This was any anime/fish related presents, other than these were clothes,sweets,money (used to buy the dvds with price tags) and vouchers ^-^

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

This one camera that I had my eye on went on sale, so I ended up buying it for myself, so that was my present. Otherwise a pretty average day, nothing special.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I literally recieved nothing for christmas.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:i actually got xenoblade chronicles x for christmas... though i bought it myself lol.
xD now you have a spare copy~

I should rephrase that.. I got it for Christmas because I bought it myself. I actually didn't end up getting anything for Christmas other than what I decided to buy for myself lol.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote: I should rephrase that.. I got it for Christmas because I bought it myself. I actually didn't end up getting anything for Christmas other than what I decided to buy for myself lol.
o-o oh,that sucks. Thought someone would've got you at the very least a pair of socks.