Speculation + the future of N.U.

Falions

Speculation + the future of N.U.

Post by Falions »

Thought I'd start off the subforum with a general thread on what you want to see in New World and Project N.U. as a whole.

For me, I've already been really vocal about it in the other thread, but the only thing I want out of it is a PS4 .hack game. I wouldn't mind if there was no tie-in anime or anything like that. Alternatively: if there is no console game, a tie-in anime with good production quality would be satisfactory.

It makes me a bit nervous to hear that N.U. is going to be reworking the whole concept from scratch! I just don't want it to lose that authentic .hack feel, y'know?
Dasha

Re: Speculation + the future of N.U.

Post by Dasha »

I want at least one game on PS4 for this new Project. I also don't want it to be a reboot or something, I want it to be a continuity, even if set many years after the last .hack media.

I don't want another Kite-like as a main character.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

First and foremost, the first in this series New World is called "Volume 1". Therefore I speculate this game will be told over the course of several titles. The last series that was broken into multiple games were 4 and 3 volumes. Thus I believe this game will be somewhere between 2 to 4 games. Hopefully data transfer to carry over your character(s) and items.

I can see why shooting for mobile, since it's more readily available to everyone than consoles so I don't see this title jumping platforms. And since they made it for Android and iOS, they aim to get the most audience possible and won't have to compete triple-A titles on the consoles being over looked like the previous installments when it comes to a world-wide release.

Since it's mobile and F2P, I will definitely foresee micro-transactions.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Does the game have a release date, by the way?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Falions wrote:It makes me a bit nervous to hear that N.U. is going to be reworking the whole concept from scratch! I just don't want it to lose that authentic .hack feel, y'know?
They said the same thing with G.U. though. We have no idea what it means yet.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

-A ps4 or vita game
-A tie in anime or OVA series
-A continuation of the story where the movie left off (not really in the mood for a reboot)

Most of all I want a ps4 game though. It can be a single game, with Vol 2 and Vol 3 etc.. being added on as DLC every year
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Vallen wrote: Most of all I want a ps4 game though. It can be a single game, with Vol 2 and Vol 3 etc.. being added on as DLC every year
DLC's suck...

Just update main game to add into the Main Storyline Quests the Story for Vol 2 and 3 whenever they want to release it, as well as any bug fix and character/game customization...

I just ask for this game not to be turned into a PaytoPlay and keep it as a Freemium
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Nah, I don't see the other Volumes be DLCs. They'll probably add them via Free Update or something. Paid stuff will be equipment I believe.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Dasha wrote:Nah, I don't see the other Volumes be DLCs. They'll probably add them via Free Update or something. Paid stuff will be equipment I believe.
-Implying you meant in-game money (GP)
I applaud you
-Implying you meant real money
Afff RAGEFACEDESK

Yeah, i just hope the only real money i have to use is the one i'll spend in the console and game itself (Implying it goes out for PS4)

As for the mobile release, i'm digging a localization or even a crappy translation from the company... Yeah, i bet i can stand a bad translated game...

"You be must go base 4 and bring me to here 2 items of..."

Yeah, i'm happy even if it gets translated like that
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

I mean... real money, sorry. :>

It just seems to be the kind of game that is a Free-To-Play, buuut, you'll have to pay for some nice equipment and all. If the game is ever localized, I'd buy an Android phone just for it. :lol: #Extreme.hackFan.
JinnoftheDesert

Post by JinnoftheDesert »

Honestly i don't think anyone outside of Japan is getting any new .hack media unless everything else gets localized.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Free to Play but if if you can speed things about with micro-transactions sounds likely since that strategy has worked well with Guilty Dragon so far, they must make plenty from the constant events ^^'
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

AZURE-KITE wrote:
Vallen wrote: Most of all I want a ps4 game though. It can be a single game, with Vol 2 and Vol 3 etc.. being added on as DLC every year
DLC's suck...

Just update main game to add into the Main Storyline Quests the Story for Vol 2 and 3 whenever they want to release it, as well as any bug fix and character/game customization...

I just ask for this game not to be turned into a PaytoPlay and keep it as a Freemium
There is no such thing as a free lunch in life. You had to pay for the 3 subsequent volumes of IMOQ and the 2 subsequent volumes of the GU Trilogy. So having to pay for DLC expansions makes sense. It would probably be around $30-40 per volume which is better than $70+ that you would be paying to get the newer volumes as standalone games. Don't forget, it costs money to print games and have them on store shelves, so it would make much more sense to sell the base game as a physical release and all other updates via digital distribution...especially for for a series like .hack

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I know everyone wants it on ps4, but I would prefer it multi-platform on xbox one and ps4 so I don't have to go out and buy a ps4 lol.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

The Xbox is dead in Japan though, lol.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Avatar_Crim wrote:I know everyone wants it on ps4, but I would prefer it multi-platform on xbox one and ps4 so I don't have to go out and buy a ps4 lol.
Well, the Naruto games are multi-platform, so maybe? PC would be nice too!
Dasha wrote:The Xbox is dead in Japan though, lol.
That's a solid argument LOL :lol:

I remember reading how in June they sold only 100 units of the XBONE there!
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Jeez louise, now that's a terrible number of sales. l_l Why are they still bothering.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

well, its a plus if it makes it to xbox or PC. I can't see myself getting a new console for 1 game lol.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

On the speculation front, is Guilty Dragon gonna continue ta exist alongside this or is it getting shutdown when New World is out? If its shutdown will it still be playable in any way? Will its story and item details an stuff be lost for all time o.o?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Lindz wrote:On the speculation front, is Guilty Dragon gonna continue ta exist alongside this or is it getting shutdown when New World is out? If its shutdown will it still be playable in any way? Will its story and item details an stuff be lost for all time o.o?
As of now it's actually doing quite well, new event every few weeks. I don't see it being shut down for no reason...but that's a future possibility seeing as that G-Bike FFVII app by cc2 is getting pulled this fall due to low downloads.