The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

arimiSlacker

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Post by arimiSlacker »

I got it back in December for my birthday, beat it in Feb (got super busy between dec and feb) ... yep.
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

was itr just has good as the originals in terms of endings?
arimiSlacker

Post by arimiSlacker »

Terejima Ryoko wrote:was itr just has good as the originals in terms of endings?
Well it doesn't end on a cliff hanger like the others, but after you clear the story line you have a TON of stuff to do to keep on playing... I think I have put in at least 14 more hours of play since the story line ended.
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

omg really?! THANK GOODNESS! after i beat the other i was left without anything to do really. were they like mission or quest or stuff like that?
arimiSlacker

Post by arimiSlacker »

Terejima Ryoko wrote:omg really?! THANK GOODNESS! after i beat the other i was left without anything to do really. were they like mission or quest or stuff like that?

Yea lots of "hidden quests" and such.
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

yay! good now i will have more to do before i never play it again and get sad ^_^
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

The game came out in like, 2007, but I just now got my hands on it a few days ago!

It was behind the counter at a local store called "We Play Games", they have a little bit of everything past and present, even old consoles and accessories!

I wanted to buy the game back when it was new, (at Gamestop) but I remember not having the money for it at the time. By the time I had saved up for it, it was already gone from the shelves never to be seen again.

Anyway I'm in a super duper .hack//G.U. sort of mood, and since I used to frequent the forums quite a bit, I figured I'd pop back in and see if it was still active.

I'm guessing not so much judging by some of the dates on these posts :(
DataKory

Post by DataKory »

MizuTakishima wrote:The game came out in like, 2007, but I just now got my hands on it a few days ago!

It was behind the counter at a local store called "We Play Games", they have a little bit of everything past and present, even old consoles and accessories!

I wanted to buy the game back when it was new, (at Gamestop) but I remember not having the money for it at the time. By the time I had saved up for it, it was already gone from the shelves never to be seen again.

Anyway I'm in a super duper .hack//G.U. sort of mood, and since I used to frequent the forums quite a bit, I figured I'd pop back in and see if it was still active.

I'm guessing not so much judging by some of the dates on these posts :(
That's awesome dude! I wish i could play the G.U games and the original 4 games. (I hate how i got into the .hack series so late haha)
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

DataKory wrote: That's awesome dude! I wish i could play the G.U games and the original 4 games. (I hate how i got into the .hack series so late haha)
Aw I'm sorry to hear that!

Of the original four games, I own all of them except for the last one, and I completed my collection of G.U. just recently as I mentioned earlier <3

I actually got .hack//Outbreak just a few months before, and while I'm still missing Quarantine from my collection, I went back and played through Infection with the intention of completing 1, 2 & 3 of the original series. It was fun, but man oh man...I forgot just how monotonous the first games really are! In a way, I'd say you're probably better off watching Playthroughs on Youtube instead :lol:

Anyway, I'm really enjoying G.U. at the moment :) I might watch playthroughs of the first two installments just so I can get a refresher on some of the plot elements without starting the games all over again.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

MizuTakishima wrote:The game came out in like, 2007, but I just now got my hands on it a few days ago!
^_^ the games could be found on amazon and ebay, albeit for a higher price than normal. Though I doubt many shops get them in often so thats an achievement in of itself :D

d(^_^) glad you managed to complete G.U., though did you manage to get ahold of The Special Edition of G.U.?

^^' On the rare occasion I've stumpled across .hack games in stores Outbreak and Quanrantine are £40+ though if you are lucky you can maybe find them for £20-30 online..usually its £50+.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Well, since this topic seems to be back (kind of :P), I guess here is better than nowhere lol. Not too long ago I had a friend who had imoq and all three g.u. games in mint condition who was in need of quick cash. Long story short, he sold me them all for like $150 and then a couple weeks later at a convention I got black roses voice actor and sajuros voice actor to sign them(imoq).
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote:Well, since this topic seems to be back (kind of :P), I guess here is better than nowhere lol. Not too long ago I had a friend who had imoq and all three g.u. games in mint condition who was in need of quick cash. Long story short, he sold me them all for like $150 and then a couple weeks later at a convention I got black roses voice actor and sajuros voice actor to sign them(imoq).
^_^ that was one heck of a deal, i've seen atleast IMOQ bundle go for more than that plus you didn't need to pay shipping. I got a similar deal but on ebay, was for IMOQ + 4 guides + G.U. special edition + GU guide for around £100 :D

^(^__^)^ awesome you got them signed,very lucky!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

SSJScygoku wrote: ^_^ that was one heck of a deal, i've seen atleast IMOQ bundle go for more than that plus you didn't need to pay shipping. I got a similar deal but on ebay, was for IMOQ + 4 guides + G.U. special edition + GU guide for around £100 :D

^(^__^)^ awesome you got them signed,very lucky!
Yeah, I was happy he offered it to me for that amount haha. he also selling Fatal Frame 1-3 for like 70. but after buying these .hack games, i really didnt have the money lol. I like the deal you got that comes with the guides and special editions as well
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote: Yeah, I was happy he offered it to me for that amount haha. he also selling Fatal Frame 1-3 for like 70. but after buying these .hack games, i really didnt have the money lol. I like the deal you got that comes with the guides and special editions as well
xD just saw G.U. special edition alone for $150, you got so much more in your deal lol @.@ your friend has quite the number of rare games, shame he had to sell them...well not a shame for you though xD

^_^ it was an awesome deal,normally Quarantine's price alone was at the buying price so just abit more got me so much plus I needed NTSC versions of the game since G.U. doesn't accept PAL memory data ^^'

Post by Avatar_Crim »

SSJScygoku wrote: xD just saw G.U. special edition alone for $150, you got so much more in your deal lol @.@ your friend has quite the number of rare games, shame he had to sell them...well not a shame for you though xD

^_^ it was an awesome deal,normally Quarantine's price alone was at the buying price so just abit more got me so much plus I needed NTSC versions of the game since G.U. doesn't accept PAL memory data ^^'
i actually did not know that about the versions and memory data.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote: i actually did not know that about the versions and memory data.
^^' neither did I at first,was using my PAL versions and after getting a U.S. PS2 for G.U. I tried using data convert but wasn't for working, so looked it up and turns out its region locked. Then afterwards I stumbled across that ebay auction @.@

Atleast .hack//LINK and .hack//Versus are region free albeit in japanese.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i would certainly like to get my hands on a copy of those lol.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote:i would certainly like to get my hands on a copy of those lol.

@.@ you can pick up a copy of .hack//LINK for uber cheap on amazon,it helps there is the standard game,essentials release along with the limited editions the best being the Zettai Houi~ As for .hack//Versus you can pick it up used for a decent price of ebay or "The World" edition for around $50 used which is a good price seeing as some sellers ask for $100-200+ ^_^
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Avatar_Crim wrote:Well, since this topic seems to be back (kind of :P), I guess here is better than nowhere lol. Not too long ago I had a friend who had imoq and all three g.u. games in mint condition who was in need of quick cash. Long story short, he sold me them all for like $150 and then a couple weeks later at a convention I got black roses voice actor and sajuros voice actor to sign them(imoq).
Oh man, I'm so envious! Black Rose was always one of my favorite characters T_T I think she's the reason why I play a tiny character wielding a gigantic sword in the MMO Tera Online! (I know some would think that Cloud Strife would be my inspiration in that department....but I played .hack//Infection before I ever held a copy of FF7 xD)
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

MizuTakishima wrote: Oh man, I'm so envious! Black Rose was always one of my favorite characters T_T I think she's the reason why I play a tiny character wielding a gigantic sword in the MMO Tera Online! (I know some would think that Cloud Strife would be my inspiration in that department....but I played .hack//Infection before I ever held a copy of FF7 xD)
xD if you ever get ahold of .hack//Versus you can play as your favourite Heavy Blade Blackrose, good thing the game is region free.