I'm warming up

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

Sadivinedevil

I'm warming up

Post by Sadivinedevil »

This summer I have to begin shifting towards my professional career as an artist and for warm up I am drawing a bunch of .hack fanart. Hope you all enjoy it.
I've drawn Blackrose a lot in the past so her design is kind of engraved in my brain, and I honestly think this is the best drawing I've done of her to date. These drawings will take a very short time, about 1-3 days without interruption, so I will be posting regularly. These are just warm up sketches so they will be black and white and focused completely on value. I'm working on Mia, my second most drawn character from the series, and I will move on to Kite or Balmung next.

Also please feel free to critique these as I need to get all the advice as I can.

If you want to look at my other art here is my Deviantart page. http://sacrificabominat.deviantart.com/
Haseo_Dude

Re: I'm warming up

Post by Haseo_Dude »

I think you could have done better, to give to you out there, her face is UGLY she looks like a man on a 17 year old girl's body.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

The face does look more like an Orca than Blackrose, but the rest is good. Lots of muscle definition.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Yeah I suck at faces and even I think the face isn't great, the character's anime face doesn't translate well to my more realistic style. I need more practice.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

The most notable fix I can see is to work on your proportions. I would link you to this: https://www.google.com/search?q=drawing ... 20&bih=955
However, after checking out your deviant art some of your works actually display proportion quite well. Also your techniques for line-art and shading are very well done in my opinion. Much better than I could hope to achieve any time soon. The face has already been mentioned so we shouldn't beat a dead horse. Keep up the good work!
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I fixed the face. I hope it looks better.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Better it looks.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Finished off Mia moving on to Kite and Balmung.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Ooooo~ Very Nicely done this time. This has kept with your style and its really hard to complain about any part of this! I do feel like your proportions could still use a little bit of work. Most notably, your persons tend to be a bit top-heavy. (Slightly large torsos and/or short legs.) If this is part of your art style, then this is only my personal preference and you shouldn't change a thing. Great Job!
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

My female characters tend to be a bit top heavy, I think this happens when I draw the arms. I also can see that my legs are a bit short on Mia, and this is probably because wanted to normalize her a bit since her legs are kind of freakishly long by comparison to her torso.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Finished my Kite sketch Moving on to Balmung Alkaid and Haseo.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

The way I see it, you still need to work on the faces of the characters, Kite has Aisan eyes, mk ill give you that, but that nose and mouth though needs to be not all, bleh. And his bangs of his hair need to be a bit longer and sharp, they look like milkdud candies on the rim of his hat. Overall nice bodywork, mind adding the Braclet on the arm he's holding onto?
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I kind of had an issue with the face on this one, but I honestly don't think I can make it that much better without restructuring the face. I need to move on so I'll leave this one as is for now, but I might come back to fix it later. I kind of like the bracelet being just a light as the polygonal shape and size of the bracelet wouldn't work with the limited amount of space I have to draw it in.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

All I have to say on this one is. My Precious.
Seriously, the way he seems to be trying to hide/cradle the bracelet from others and his eyes look like he's being all suspicious of people looking at him. It just makes me think of Gollum.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Yeah I kind of feel that vibe too. I think changing a few things might fix that, but I have to work on other things at the moment. I might come back to this one and change some things.