.hack//GnU (English Fan Translation)

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Kazetrigger

.hack//GnU (English Fan Translation)

Post by Kazetrigger »

.hack//GnU
English Fan Translation by Kazetrigger

Hello everyone. As requested, I have been working on .hack//GnU, alongside the other .hack projects. I'm really enjoying this short but sweet Roots era manga. So, for your .hack enjoyment, here it is!

There are six (6) chapters. The schedule for their release can be viewed here: http://dothackers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=471907

The download links are provided below. Each chapter is in a Zip file.

Chapter One: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f31wxnl3xgmow ... U_Ch01.zip
Chapter Two: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hivixscd1w8tg ... U_Ch02.zip
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:

ENJOY! And please let me know in the comments what you think of my translations and image-editing skills. If you are not satisfied with the job, I can reissue improved versions.
Lindz

Re: .hack//GnU (English Fan Translation)

Post by Lindz »

Moon Tree's full of more weirdos then I thought! But Infini's a kitty lover like me so she's off the hook! Just what the heck monster were they fighing in chapter two anyway? Didn't seem familiar to me! Also I wanna go to a snow-type field in R:2 >_<

The fonts seem nice an comic-y an reminiscent of tokyopops stuff so thats pretty cool! I'd say only a couple of 'em look outta place or alil odd.

btw on page 19 of chapter 1 at the bottom panels is Raid supposed ta be thoughtbubbling the same line in each one?
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Lindz wrote:Moon Tree's full of more weirdos then I thought! But Infini's a kitty lover like me so she's off the hook! Just what the heck monster were they fighing in chapter two anyway? Didn't seem familiar to me! Also I wanna go to a snow-type field in R:2 >_<

The fonts seem nice an comic-y an reminiscent of tokyopops stuff so thats pretty cool! I'd say only a couple of 'em look outta place or alil odd.

btw on page 19 of chapter 1 at the bottom panels is Raid supposed ta be thoughtbubbling the same line in each one?

Yeah, on page 19, he says the same thing in each bubble. The second time has a little more emphasis because he's crying, but the exact same wording is used in the Japanese version.

Perhaps I could have added my own emphasis by making the word "really" bold in the second frame, but otherwise this is an accurate translation.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^.^ I'm glad you picked this up, may be short but it has the advantage of being completed quickly~
TheKrempist

Post by TheKrempist »

Oh wow! Cool Another thing on the Holy Translator's list.
I might help with this one as well if I can.
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

New chapter uploaded on my website! Check the announcements section if you don't know where to find it!
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

That whole first page was a lie! There was nothing wedding/brides about this chapter until the very last pages an it wasn't even about any of the main characters >_>

On pg. 159 who's "Ost"? Isn't he talking to Wirbel? Could be that I'm just misunderstanding that an the previous page. Anyways 3/6 chapters done! You're halfway there!
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

My bad. That was an error. They were talking about Ost, not to Ost.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Thanks for the translations. Nice to see some .hack characters interacting with each other we didn't know before. Well, aside from their names maybe.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Chapter 4's out in case some people haven't noticed yet! Its a short one!

"I don't understand what this girl's talking about..."
That whole line fits alot of pages in this one for me @_@

Was the beast girl supposed to be former Kestrel? Maybe we find out next chapter and it'll clarify some things!

btw Is it supposed ta be Tenzan or Tensan?
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Lindz wrote:Chapter 4's out in case some people haven't noticed yet! Its a short one!

"I don't understand what this girl's talking about..."
That whole line fits alot of pages in this one for me @_@

Was the beast girl supposed to be former Kestrel? Maybe we find out next chapter and it'll clarify some things!

btw Is it supposed ta be Tenzan or Tensan?
The next chapter clarifies things.

And it's supposed to be Tenzan, but earlier chapters didn't make that explicitly clear. I may go back and fix things like that in a future release. It's a minor romanization detail right now.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

FYI the last chapters have been out for alil while now!

Got done re-reading the series today. Gotta say its really all over the place! Its still fun but by the end left more questions then answers I think. Like did the budget get cut? The first 3 chapters were about 25 pages each while the last 3 were 16 each. That's a really big drop and led to those last ones leaving me feeling abit ???

Anyways nice job on this short side-project kazetrigger! Even if it was kinda confusing and unimportant to the series overall it was cool ta finally get a look at this "rare" (because magazine-only) sidestory!