.hack//gift

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Player_Killer_Sora

.hack//gift

Post by Player_Killer_Sora »

I was just writing this post because I have been hearing rumors about the release of .hack//gift. I was just wondering about how you will be able to obtain this?

Some of the rumors that I have heard is that if you send in all the survey cards found in the 4 games instruction booklets they will send the dvd to you for free (I hope this isn't the case, because I know longer have the card from the first game :oops:).

And the other rumor is that it unlocks after you complete the forth game and have all the saved data from the previous 3 games as well.

If anyone knows the truth of this matter please post here and let me know :D.
RedBladeAkira

Post by RedBladeAkira »

i heard that its going to be with the last DVD for SIGN, but not sure.
Player_Killer_Sora

Yeah, I think what you are talking about is .hack//unison and .hack//intermezzo. From what I have heard they are supposed to be included with the final .hack//sign dvd, but that has also been unconfirmed.
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

Given, Gift has been released in Japan, and is out. It may or may not be released on Limited Edition v.6 of the .hack//sign DVD, or on the .hack//quarentine. I would look this information up, but I am in third period right now, so I am kinda busy in DRMA (Digital Rendering, Modeling, and Animation) so ill do it later. Otherwise, if you are interested in seeing .hack//sign episodes 27, 28, or .hack//gift....

AIM me or send me a PM.

Note: Fansubs ARE legal as long as the anime is not out in the US. If it is, they must be destroyed, but otherwise are deamed legal.
Last edited by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 on Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedBladeAkira

Post by RedBladeAkira »

ok stop spamming.....
anyways, theres this thing coming out .hack//Intregation, it hasn't hit the states yet, but you can get it imported, it has everything..... .sign, unsion, intermizzo, gift, limaty(sp), and .dusk... but like i said its only import, probaly hit the states soon
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

I dunno where you got that info, but it's dead wrong mate. Integration only has Unison, all 4 eps of liminality, and the .hack//Udeden Character Song & Story album. And it will not be coming to the states.

As for //Gift, I'm told it is on the Liminality DVD #4 under the "Data" menu.
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

I just checked, and .hack//GIFT is indeed on Liminatlity 4 (I am currently watching it). So, there is your answer.
Player_Killer_Sora

Thank you very much ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317. I appreciate the information greatly :D
chrissii

Post by chrissii »

Yeah, I just watched GIFT last night... found it to be kind of erratic and pointless. But, I guess that was the point. The only part I really laughed at was Mia & Elk, and the altered opening and ending scenes. Oh, and when Balmung started singing "Yasashii Yoake" to himself. That was funny.
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

What I dont understand is when they translated Gift on Liminality that they kept all the nudity but changed some words that were orginally curse words. Blackrose always called Mimiru a B****. Oh well, thats american values for you.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Just a reminder, this message board DOES NOT support any kind of filesharing at all, especially media regarding .hack. All of the .hack anime series, OVA's, OST's and manga have been liscensed in the United States. Downloading episodes of sign or udeden, liminality or the OST's would be illegal. As stated above, GIFT is included in Liminality 4. .hack//unison will be available on the special edition of .hack// vol 6 DVD Terminus scheduled for a March 16th release.
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

I think //GIFT is absolutely hilarious! :lol: The whole thing was spastic, way off the wall, and very, very funny. I really liked the part concerning Balmung's feathers/wings. However, I was very surprised that they didn't edit the nudity. Considering how touchy people are with those things and the fact the game is rated "T" for Teen, I was very surprised to see what I saw. And it was odd how the swear words were changed or beeped out. As Silver said, "That's American values for you." :roll: Now I just wanna know is if we'll ever be able see it dubbed. I doubt it, but it'd be cool.
Player_Killer_Sora

Who knows what the futures will bring concerning that, but it definitely would be cool to see what the dubbed version would turn out like as well. I was also very surprised that they bleeped out the swear words, but left the nudity.

I guess I just find that really wierd especially since they had to change Skieths wand in the first game just because it looked like a cross. Oh well, I guess that is the kind of messed up morals one can expect nowadays, huh?
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

It's probably to do with the difference between Japanese culture and western culture. Not knowing much about Japanese culture at all, I can't really comment much on it, but swearing is probably a much higher taboo than nudity, or maybe just animated nudity. Since the swear words were bleeped out of the original Japanese version, it's really got nothing to do with those so-called "American morals" :)
Player_Killer_Sora

Well thats kind of what I was getting at, but you seemed to have put it much better. But that is exactly what it all comes down to, just a cultural difference.
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

They were actually bleeped out in the Japanese version? Wow. And I was thinking it was all Bandai's doing...
chrissii

Post by chrissii »

Haha, I didn't know they were bleeped in the Jap. version. I guess they though it would make it kinda funny then... o_o;
MinisterOfDeath

Post by MinisterOfDeath »

Nudity wasn't bleeped but naughty no no words are? thats no suprise....

Most other countrys care far more about violence then they do sexual themes where its just the opposite in america for the most part. IMO
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Well, its making some of the Subaru fans happy, the male ones that is. I loved it when Silver Knight was killed all the time. :lol:
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

Yeah! The scene where Subaru kills him on the boat is the best one, IMO.