The "I beat Volume 3!!!!!!" thread [ALL SPOILERS]

AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Re: The "I beat Volume 3!!!!!!" thread [ALL SPOILERS]

Post by AZURE-KITE »

I completed it at level 125 or so, right now i have the maximum spee that is 75%+, the HP 50+ so is at 5000+, and my SP is at 666(Yeah, believe it.. or don't!) my weapons are all 5Stars, i got all the forbbiden weapons at level 5, i got already the level 150 edge punisher blade, but i don't have the doppelganger weapons T^T, i married Alkaid(After her dissapearance in vol 2 i swore to myself that i wasn't going to leave her when i found her, i have the green guns, the ones that, on a critical hit halves the target's HP, i completed the forest of pain, and have tabby and Natsume
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Eh? Well, let's see...

Haseo
Level 150
HP = 3876
SP = 766

P-ATK = 443 (virus core hoarding ftw!)
P-DEF = 165
M-ATK = 75
M-DEF = 167

Empty Skies (Cheat Lvl 1)
Silad (Cheat Lvl 5)
Shadowy Death
DG-Z
Other Self (Cheat Lvl 2)
Shadow (Cheat Lvl 5)

- beat True Cernunnos without getting hit once or using Awakening
- married off Shino, because I can
- maxed level, skill level, and affection (well, as far as it can go anyway :P) for everyone
- completed all quests except Bikman's (ugh, running around between towns, fields, and Kestrel guild >_<)
- completely filled Ryu Books

So...yeah.
Musashi Kojira

Post by Musashi Kojira »

So it's been years since I've played and completed this game. So, to give myself a silly dose of nostalgia, I decided to watch snipbits of NakaTeleeli's Let's Play of G.U. on Youtube. Upon re-watching the ending, I've come to realize that the very person you were trying to save this entire game was not worth the effort and should have been left in a coma.

Now, I've never liked Shino as a character in the first place. I never outright hated her though. I used to hate Atoli and Alkaid more. However, upon rewatching G.U. vol 3's ending, I've come to realize that Shino is really a good for nothing *itch who did not deserve rescuing and that Atoli and Alkaid are leagues ahead of her in terms of being better human beings.

It's not like in IMOQ:  where Yasuhiko was a legitamately cool character who you felt great for saving.

Oh no, Shino did nothing but display selfish ungrateful *itch behavior. Re-watching it, the ending seriously blew my mind in the wrong ways. The way Shino acted toward Haseo, what she wanted to do despite Haseo and Ovan's efforts and sacrifices, her response of "I know" to Atoli explaining how hard Haseo worked to save her. All of it made me wish Haseo didn't even bother acknowledging Shino's existence after he saved "The World". The other comatose victims were worth more than her. Such an ungrateful *itch is never worth the effort. The first email she sends the dude after recovering isn't even a "Thank you". Oh no, she simply says "I'm waiting, you know the place". This girl didn't even utter the words "Thank you" to Haseo in the ending. Not once. What does she do instead? Start babbling about Ovan again. Haseo should have honestly PK'd the *itch the moment she started babbling about this entire thing being "Ovan's Story". I was not expecting to rage this much upon re-watching G.U.'s ending. Re-watching IMOQ's ending made me feel good and put a smile on my face while re-watching G.U.'s ending made me rage and want to punch something. Thank goodness CC2 made Haseo go to Atoli in the end because otherwise I would have lost my mind.

So, needless to say, I hate Shino, a lot. I feel like she should have been left comatose considering she's selfish and ungrateful and only cares about herself. She couldn't appreciate what Haseo and Ovan did to save everyone. She deserves to be alone.

How Shino actually has fans is beyond my understanding at this point. I could understand if she was seen in a villainous light, but she isn't...even though she should be with her behavior. [/rant]
alphawolf1011

Post by alphawolf1011 »

i think that would have been AWSOME if after the forest of pain "quest' that you could get the playable form of your dople "monster" as a main char....has any one found a Action Replay code for this? JW
ALSO
what do you use to get the The Xth Triad????
i have an action replay, n i have the codes from codejunkies.com for haseo as your 2nd and 3rd party members but they wont work.
please help!!!
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

I look forward to getting to the ending again.

I've actually made dvds of all of the dialogue/cutscenes.
FooFighter0234

Post by FooFighter0234 »

I used a strategy I found on this board to beat Cubia to death.
chernobog

Post by chernobog »

I got Tabby and Natsume.

I did clear the Forrest of Pain, damn that 100 floor dungeon.

I saved so that I could see all of the marriage scenes, but the two that I liked the most were Shino and Alkaid, (Alkaid is my favorite female from the game).

I love these games, and it was as good as I expected, but I wish the last two volumes didn't rely so much on dungeons. These games made me hate dungeons, lol.

I do not remember my time, but my main party (Haseo, Silabus, Endrance) were all level 150.
Tselel

Post by Tselel »

My word... I've beaten the G.U. set too many times to be normal.
But yes. Completionist-wise, I've done everything.
Marriage, I always tend towards either Atoli or Alkaid, because Haseo develops deep relationships with them, and by golly I like them too. Shino can go do her own thing. I'd much rather have a spitfire arena champion or a girl who fought through depression and bullying with your help than a girl who wasn't even there for a good part of your growth as a person.
Yep.
And I was very satisfied. Down to the last bits of the Forest. So good. Loved it from trying to find Tri-Edge to trying to understand the concept of love at all costs. Just talking about it makes me want to play all over again...
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Tselel wrote:My word... I've beaten the G.U. set too many times to be normal.
But yes. Completionist-wise, I've done everything.
Marriage, I always tend towards either Atoli or Alkaid, because Haseo develops deep relationships with them, and by golly I like them too. Shino can go do her own thing. I'd much rather have a spitfire arena champion or a girl who fought through depression and bullying with your help than a girl who wasn't even there for a good part of your growth as a person.
Yep.
And I was very satisfied. Down to the last bits of the Forest. So good. Loved it from trying to find Tri-Edge to trying to understand the concept of love at all costs. Just talking about it makes me want to play all over again...
Well just be glad you didn't pick Endrance, it sounds like he's having an orgasm and sounds like Atoli was cutting herself in the real world and dying, Yowi sucks. Poor Atoli, Shino, Tabby, Alkaid, Pi/Ender, and Saku. :(
RyouMisaki

Post by RyouMisaki »

Yes i got tabby and natsume
beat the forest of pain too :D
Married ENDRANCE ;D and at the other save file Shino :D
The game was awesome Q_Q playing it again and again :3
hmm i used to level to the 150 ^^