Dothack 10th Year Anniversary

Important Announcements, including the forum rules
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Dothack 10th Year Anniversary

Post by Erroneous »

Can you believe it that 10 years ago this year, the Dothack series had first began?

.hack//SIGN had its launch in Japan on April 2002, and .hack//Infection later in June 2002.

However in America, both these series didn't launch until February 2003. So take your pick on what you believe being the 10th Anniversary for Dothack.

Congratulations Project.hack for infesting our lives for the past 10 years now and going on strong with more media and content!

And as an additional shoutout, Dothackers.net launched August 2003; we are certainly reaching our 10th Anniversary as well! They grow up so fast, soon daddy d5t and mommy Kuukai will have to give their baby the keys to the car.
Xu Yuan

Re: Dothack 10th Year Anniversary

Post by Xu Yuan »

10 years already, eh? How times sure does fly. Seems like only yesterday that I was watching .hack//SIGN on Cartoon Network at midnight and soon after buying the games monthly as they came out. I beat //Quarantine in one day off from school, I have never done that for another game. The .hack// series has been with me for nearly a decade now and may I say that nothing matches the atmosphere, the intrigue, and characters of each new installment of .hack//
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

February 1st 2003. It was a saturday and at that time CN/Toonami had a block called "Super Saturdays" I believe. Since I watched any and all things Toonami back then I was excited to check out the new show "quietly" premiering at the time. Right from the end of the first episode of SIGN I just had to know more! I kept watching & saving up money and in April finally picked up Infection! I was hesistant about dropping the $50 for the game since I'd never really played a good game "made" by Bandai, but as part of a Buy 2, Get 1 free sale I took the plunge an got super hooked even more! Now over 9 years later that $50 expenditure is now just shy of being $2000 @_@;

Congrats to CC2 & all involved for keeping it going 10 solid years without some kind of all out reboot. Having a story/characters/callbacks/etc go on so long really risks alienating newcomers from checking the series out (see Bandai's reasoning for starting up alternate Gundam universes). The new .hack game in development had better keep the saga going!! Aw, who am I kidding? Of course it will! I don't doubt for a minute that it won't keep things rolling along!
Insydius wrote:.hack//SIGN had its launch in Japan on April 2002, and .hack//Infection later in June 2002.
Don't forget, LotT manga chapters began getting published in January 2002! The first era began nearing its end before we knew how it started x_X
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Lindz wrote:Don't forget, LotT manga chapters began getting published in January 2002! The first era began nearing its end before we knew how it started x_X
Actually, it was the January 2002 issue of Comptiq, but Comptiq cover dates are a lie. It was on sale in bookstores in November 2001. Eat that, SAO.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kuukai wrote:Actually, it was the January 2002 issue of Comptiq, but Comptiq cover dates are a lie. It was on sale in bookstores in November 2001. Eat that, SAO.
Oho! I forgot how magazines worked! Like the july issue of Nintendo Power would be titled as being for august. November 2001 huh... so in reality we're closer to .hack's 11th anniversary ^_^!
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Ten years of epicness XD And still growing :D