Sword Art Online

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

N3IWVC

Sword Art Online

Post by N3IWVC »

Hey everyone, I imagine some of you may already know about this (it's been around since 2009) but I only just learned of it today.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_Online
So, anyways check the link above. Plot seem a little familiar? There's a novel, a few manga, and now an anime out for this series as well. If you know about this why not share a little? A search didn't turn up anything on these forums.

Oh, by the way... The music for the anime will be done by Yuki Kajiura. So at the very least the SAO anime should have some good music.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Kaori »

yep, except for the part where Kirito goes to other online games and EVERYBODY logged in being trapped in the game, and shouldn't this be in the anime section?
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Yo, I've watched SAO until episode 7.

Not sure it's not really my taste... or I'm just biased. Every time I watch this, I remember Kite XD
The animation is good and all, it got pretty picture. Music? Godly.

The first day Kirito logged in to The World, I mean, Sword Art Online, he found out that he can't log out, so do with every other players. Then the game creator showed up, telling players they are trapped here, and if you want to get out, you have to clear the floors. You cant force log out, or the nerve gear will fry your brain.

As the story goes.. it's like slice of life of adventure... no grand conspiracy in sight... at least so far.. I haven't read it's manga or novel, only 7 episodes.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Kaori wrote:yep, except for the part where Kirito goes to other online games and EVERYBODY logged in being trapped in the game, and shouldn't this be in the anime section?
It's no problem for me to take care of that...

Also, apparently the makers of Accel World are somewhat involved in this production.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

N3IWVC wrote:Oh, by the way... The music for the anime will be done by Yuki Kajiura. So at the very least the SAO anime should have some good music.
Maybe that's why I'm enjoying it so much. Anyways, just finished watching episode ten. I was quite pleased with it. I just wish there were a recurring character who used a pole arm.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Got up to Volume 3 for the light novels, still trying to find more, I'd take the light novels over the anime and manga.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Hey guys the first volume of SAO was written before .hack was even a thing how does this make you feel.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

nobodyknows wrote:Hey guys the first volume of SAO was written before .hack was even a thing how does this make you feel.
Initial thought, believe it or not. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact release dates for SAO and .hack// so I cannot prove nor disprove that statement, but I would very much like for you to give your sources.
Secondly, meh. I like them both so yay! If one inspired the other fantastic! If not, fantastic!
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

nobodyknows wrote:Hey guys the first volume of SAO was written before .hack was even a thing how does this make you feel.
Same like GamerKale said, all I know SAO first volume was written in the same year as .hack//Infection's release, 2002. Unless there's official statement of which is which comes first.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The author first started running it on his website in November 2002. So that's after Infection, after Mutation, and after SIGN ended. And the fact that all this stuff was coming out at the time kind of makes it kind of weird that he never heard that there was already a series about a MMO that traps players... People forgot about .hack after a while, but when it launched it was a pretty big deal, Infection sold more copies than they will ever sell again--they had the Evangelion guy, for one thing, and Rei and Asuka were still plastered all over Japan (and still are).

But stranger things have happened. Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5, Battle Royale and Hunger Games. Sometimes it's just a coincidence.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Finally managed to get the rest up to volume 9, anyone else here reading the light novels?
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

I read chapters 9-fin of the first volume a couple nights ago. Should probably go and actually read the first 8 chapters before I start in on the other volumes, no telling what all has been lost in translation from one version to the next after all.

And thank you for clearing that up Kuukai.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Kuukai wrote:The author first started running it on his website in November 2002. So that's after Infection, after Mutation, and after SIGN ended. And the fact that all this stuff was coming out at the time kind of makes it kind of weird that he never heard that there was already a series about a MMO that traps players... People forgot about .hack after a while, but when it launched it was a pretty big deal, Infection sold more copies than they will ever sell again--they had the Evangelion guy, for one thing, and Rei and Asuka were still plastered all over Japan (and still are).

But stranger things have happened. Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5, Battle Royale and Hunger Games. Sometimes it's just a coincidence.
Apparently I misread my previous sources.
Thanks for clarifying that.
Tsuki-44

Post by Tsuki-44 »

Hmm. Has anyone watched episode 12? If so, what are your thoughts on Yui?
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Tsuki-44 wrote:Hmm. Has anyone watched episode 12? If so, what are your thoughts on Yui?

My thought on Zeffie--er--Yui, well, she's kinda cute, her VA doing great job. Kinda sad to see her deleted by the system (she should be giving Kirito some kinda of book that alter his PC and allows him to perform some hacking trick to save her) That conclusion I can draw from that one episode, maybe if I read the LN I can understand her better...
Tsuki-44

Post by Tsuki-44 »

Yui is adorable, oh my ;w; And yeah, i want to read the VN as well....apparently its translated somewhere on the internet, but sadly i dont know where D= But its out there! Maybe try google?

I cried for Yui ;A; she was so cute, and her parts were so sad T___T
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Tsuki-44 wrote:Yui is adorable, oh my ;w; And yeah, i want to read the VN as well....apparently its translated somewhere on the internet, but sadly i dont know where D= But its out there! Maybe try google?

I cried for Yui ;A; she was so cute, and her parts were so sad T___T
Visual Novel? Or do you mean Light Novel?
Tsuki-44

Post by Tsuki-44 »

aww frick. thats what i meant^^' sorry. i meant light novel^^; thanks for noticing that.
Tsuki-44

Post by Tsuki-44 »

HAS ANYONE WATCHED 15 YET?!
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Tsuki-44 wrote:HAS ANYONE WATCHED 15 YET?!
YES, its going much further than I expected the series to go, in similar stories including .hack getting out is the conclusion. I'm happy they are taking this opportunity to show the aftermath, the effect it had on those involved.  It also seems like there is a new game they are going to go into, probably to get asuna back

Is this a full 24/26 episode run or is it going to be longer?