Plot of everything on the disc [SPOILERS]

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Plot of everything on the disc [SPOILERS]

Post by Kuukai »

I'm not sure how much has been discussed anywhere else, but I'm slowly progressing though the game and here's what's happened so far. It helps to watch my Link videos first since so far this is all a direct sequel to the plot of Link, moreso than the movie or Quantum or anything else--it deals with real-digitalization rather than soul-digitalization.

-In 2025, CC is closed-beta testing a new online fighting game, Versus: The World, based on the history of The World, that will be released the next year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The World being released in 2006.

-You play a beta tester you can change basically everything about, so I'll just call this person "the champion." The champion swiftly rises through the ranks and creates quite a stir on the boards, especially among newbies. The boards are also populated by all the junkie players you'd expect to be beta testing this thing, from Silver Knight to Piros 4 Ever to Kuhn. Most of them are concurrently playing FORCE:ERA. Sakuya even makes a real appearance on the boards, prompting requests for autographs and screenshots from fans of Versus with her inexplicable celebrity status. No one really knows why she's in the game, although Tobias and Mary attempt to explain Bloody Christmas (the events of 2022) to the board.

-The server is taken down many times due to unauthorized access from a hacker, which turns out to be real-digitalized Tokio. Tokio eventually contacts the champion and asks the champion to fight him, telling them that they're a "possibility"--and that all the other "possibilities" he's found have turned out to be no good.

-After being defeated twice, Tokio reveals that any normal human would have been real-digitalized by now during these battles. Many beta testers for the game have been real-digitalized and haven't been heard from. However, the champion possesses a special disposition (pretty much the opposite of a doubleware) making them immune to real-digitalization. This is what Tokio has been looking for. Tokio isn't sure what CC is planning by bringing back this technology, but he tracked down an area on the server that's the origin of the real-digitalization signal, a very dangerous Battle Point that would bring any normal player into the game before they could defeat it. Tokio wants the champion to do what no one else can and defeat this area, allowing him to shut down the system and his friends to trigger a reset program that frees the trapped players.

At this point his friends are still working on the program and I need to finish the Gold tier (slow, I know, I've been busy with life... I was literally climbing Mt. Fuji when this came out), I'll update this when things progress...
(Phantom) Thief

Re: Plot so far

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

No spoilers, I'll cover my eyes, I'll cover my ears, I'll cover my screen and cover my mind. Haha. Still thanks I skimmed the setting. Will you also be translating the setting for Thanatos?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Oh yeah, when I get that far. :P
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Thanks a lot man. Just a heads up, the boss is a cheating douche. I now sympathize with Haseo. 30 minutes of trying the final boss and I was screaming Ovan's name. Ironically enough I was able t beat him fairly easy with Haseo. Which is is my heads up, the final boss of the game can be defeated with any character. The final boss is the last fight in every characters Platinum Rank. And once you beat the boss with one character it becomes a 10 times easier version for all other characters. So fight the boss with your best character first.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

CC discovers Tokio has an accomplice among the beta testers, and starts trying to track them down. Since the player's whole ability is that they can't escape into a computer if the feds bust down the door, Tokio decides not to involve this person any further--but tells them to continue playing normally, because it would look suspicious if they quit right away.

Getting closer to being champion, think this is probably going to wrap up soon.
roru_aurarios

Post by roru_aurarios »

Kuukai wrote:-In 2025, CC is closed-beta testing a new online fighting game, Versus: The World, based on the history of The World, that will be released the next year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The World being released in 2006.
Ehh... so during that year of 2025 is currently a beta-testing project before 2026. I am curious. I wonder what IS happening on 2026?
Kuukai wrote:-You play a beta tester you can change basically everything about, so I'll just call this person "the champion." The champion swiftly rises through the ranks and creates quite a stir on the boards, especially among newbies. The boards are also populated by all the junkie players you'd expect to be beta testing this thing, from Silver Knight to Piros 4 Ever to Kuhn. Most of them are concurrently playing FORCE:ERA. Sakuya even makes a real appearance on the boards, prompting requests for autographs and screenshots from fans of Versus with her inexplicable celebrity status. No one really knows why she's in the game, although Tobias and Mary attempt to explain Bloody Christmas (the events of 2022) to the board.
So thats why Sakuya and Hermit was chosen on the character roster for Versus [The World]. Guess that makes sense. Perhaps that Bloody Christmas event was after the One Sin event? I wonder.
Kuukai wrote:-After being defeated twice, Tokio reveals that any normal human would have been real-digitalized by now during these battles. Many beta testers for the game have been real-digitalized and haven't been heard from. However, the champion possesses a special disposition (pretty much the opposite of a doubleware) making them immune to real-digitalization. This is what Tokio has been looking for. Tokio isn't sure what CC is planning by bringing back this technology, but he tracked down an area on the server that's the origin of the real-digitalization signal, a very dangerous Battle Point that would bring any normal player into the game before they could defeat it. Tokio wants the champion to do what no one else can and defeat this area, allowing him to shut down the system and his friends to trigger a reset program that frees the trapped players.
So there is Real-digitalization and Anti-real-digitalization. It sounds like both Yin and Yang. I am curious, again. I wonder what happen to Tokio and Saika after they finished high school together? I wonder what secrecy group they have been hidden after all those years? There is so many questions, yet unanswered. Anyway, I hope you finish the rest of the story, Kuukai-san.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

how come CC openly implement this kind of technology?
isn't that kinda illegal?
oh, and I hope you got S rank for every battle, Kuukai :D
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

You get the championship. The game and boards seem emptier and emptier. Tokio manages to plant the reset program, but gets caught, and contacts you telling you you're his final hope and you need to defeat the final boss to destabilize the server and trigger the program.
roru_aurarios wrote:So thats why Sakuya and Hermit was chosen on the character roster for Versus [The World]. Guess that makes sense. Perhaps that Bloody Christmas event was after the One Sin event? I wonder.
Bloody Christmas is referred to as the castle battle where Hermit attacked.
roru_aurarios wrote:So there is Real-digitalization and Anti-real-digitalization. It sounds like both Yin and Yang. I am curious, again. I wonder what happen to Tokio and Saika after they finished high school together? I wonder what secrecy group they have been hidden after all those years? There is so many questions, yet unanswered. Anyway, I hope you finish the rest of the story, Kuukai-san.
I hope they give something more about Tokio, I want closure too. I assume one of his "friends" is Saika, though.
VirusCoreS wrote:how come CC openly implement this kind of technology?
isn't that kinda illegal?
It's not open, it's a beta test. Like Akashic Line, in many ways. It might even be something gone horribly out of control, but being CC Corp they're still going to go after you if you try to interfere with the useless admins. It's most likely to further MaMa's agenda though.
VirusCoreS wrote:oh, and I hope you got S rank for every battle, Kuukai :D
I hope so too, that's a trophy! But getting to Champion was easier point-wise than I expected. A friend came by, hopefully Ovan isn't that hard and I can finish tonight. Nothing else has been very hard...
(Phantom) Thief

Kuukai wrote:I hope they give something more about Tokio, I want closure too. I assume one of his "friends" is Saika, though.
There were a few short stories that came with .hack Rippon If I scan the comics by the end of August can you translate them? It might be what you are looking for.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Rippon?
(Phantom) Thief

It was a .hack art book released by Kikuya. Most of it is for show but there are a few items I think are interesting. In the middle there is a story about Saika after AIKA's sacrifice for .hack//Link and at the back there's an epilogue for the comic between Tokio and Ryu and Kite in real life. Also all though it is completely irrelevant I still laugh at the reverse gender joke for schicksal and the twilight knights: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3848/f ... eripon.png

http://shop.manga-pal.jp/goods_en_jpy_2495.html
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:It was a .hack art book released by Kikuya. Most of it is for show but there are a few items I think are interesting. In the middle there is a story about Saika after AIKA's sacrifice for .hack//Link and at the back there's an epilogue for the comic between Tokio and Ryu and Kite in real life. Also all though it is completely irrelevant I still laugh at the reverse gender joke for schicksal and the twilight knights: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3848/f ... eripon.png

http://shop.manga-pal.jp/goods_en_jpy_2495.html
Just so everyone is clear, .hack//Ripon is a doujinshi. It may have had the involvement of previous .hack artists, but it does not seem to be an official .hack product, and as such, cannot be considered canon. Also, it apparently contains pictures of an erotic nature with some of the female characters, which is not typical of an official .hack release.

Just so there's no confusion. But by all means get it if you're interested in seeing this alternate take on an ending to .hack//Link.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

dat .hack//Rippon... I want eeeet! >w<
Kuukai wrote:You get the championship. The game and boards seem emptier and emptier. Tokio manages to plant the reset program, but gets caught, and contacts you telling you you're his final hope and you need to defeat the final boss to destabilize the server and trigger the program.
Please explain what do you mean by 'gets caught'. Like, forcefully drag him out of net and arrested in real life?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

He gets cornered and you lose contact.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

No new update? I take it Ovan is working you over?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

You trigger the reset program, which frees Tokio as well, CC cancels the beta test (but allows testers to keep playing offline with their installed data). Dozens upon dozens of players were real-digitalized during the beta test as an experiment. Tokio theorizes that all of the beta testers would have been trapped in the game. According to the news, missing persons are coming back. CC gave up on chasing Tokio and the player, deciding to pretend that nothing happened. Tokio promises that he and his friends will take over from here.

It's really cool the way Tokio uses his powers to narrate at the end. I wonder if the credits are eventually replayable, they're awesome.

I need to watch the movie, then I'll watch Thanatos Report. There's a thing on the news ticker about two missing NAB agents.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Once you beat the last boss (Again, easier non buffed/always exceed version) on all characters you get it in the video player.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That fight was pretty easy with items, so it shouldn't be that hard. I really pretty much just discovered items. I missed that you got anything from watching replays. One of Tokio's weapons is called Brieler Gear, it's like a Tokio version of Flügel's gun Brieler Rössle. Sakisaka was complaining about how Ovan stole his gun, too...
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

How exactly does that work? I saw someone mention replays. Just watch them? Anything specific? I have no items and no weapons. I just beat Ovan in 20 seconds with Sora for a mission, that took a few trys. I'm guessing items would have made that easier?
Tsukaseo

Post by Tsukaseo »

Kuukai wrote: It's really cool the way Tokio uses his powers to narrate at the end. I wonder if the credits are eventually replayable, they're awesome.
I'd like to second the comment about the credits being awesome. Also, I just cleared every fight with every character tonight, and that unlocked the credits as a re-playable movie. I didn't even need to get every mission checkbox for the fights. (I still have a combo I can't do with Ovan, and a fight I can't clear fast enough with Sakuya.)