.hack//Versus announced for PS3 (Fighting game + CG film)

Takao

.hack//Versus announced for PS3 (Fighting game + CG film)

Post by Takao »

AndriaSang wrote:We have just a few details on .hack Versus, the PlayStation 3 .hack game that's being bundled with the Blu-ray release of .hack//Sekai no Mukou ni.

Famitsu reveals this week that the game is an action fighter. Screens in the magazine show a perspective similar to the Naruto fighting games -- which wouldn't be too surprising considering developer CyberConnect2 makes those games too. Aside from that, gameplay details and cast count will have to wait.

The game will have 3D support. This is also fitting, as CyberConnect2 made a big fuss about the use of 3D in the Sekai no Mukou ni flick.

.hack Sekai no Mukou ni + Versus Hybrid Pack will be released on June 28. The standard version is priced ¥7,140. Namco Bandai will also release a limited edition, priced ¥10,500.
Source
Tolby

Re: .hack//Versus announced for PS3 (Fighting game + CG film

Post by Tolby »

Tolby wrote:All I thought when I saw that picture was Dun Lorieg. And now Haseo in a fighting stance. Terrible .hack ultimate hacker fighter?
Oh well. As long as Kite or Elk are playable.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Was going to post this. So glad there's finally some news, and that I don't have to wonder whether it'll be standalone or bundled anymore. I've been dreaming of having a fanservice fighter for forever, though the change to photo-realism feels a bit less warranted(?) now than when I imagined it an rpg/adventure before. It's not too big a deal, though. I am curious of the engine. if it will be more NUNS (considering the viewpoint described), closer to Asura's Wrath or something a little different. Hopefully it'll have a decent balance between gameplay and story. I really hope there's some sort of awakening mode or something for poor Haseo. It's 2025 or 6 and he's still being demoted back to first form. Xth form Burst Mode plz.
Alerow

Post by Alerow »

Glad we've got news! But...It's not April 1st...right? =P I mean, I'm sure I'll love it regardless, but... It was a lot different than I was expecting. XD Midori better be a playable character!!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

A fighting Game? Great, Now I'm not sure what to to think, anakngpusa....
Kaibaman41

Post by Kaibaman41 »

I still can't see this as a Fighting Game sense Cyber Connect 2's President recently came out not only wanting Fan Support to tell Bandai Namco of America to Localize the game but sense he came out saying Bandai Namco of America doesn't really like the Typical JRPG(well not exactly those words)...maybe an Hack and Slash with RPG elements possibly?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Takao wrote:
AndriaSang wrote:We have just a few details on .hack Versus, the PlayStation 3 .hack game that's being bundled with the Blu-ray release of .hack//Sekai no Mukou ni.

Famitsu reveals this week that the game is an action fighter. Screens in the magazine show a perspective similar to the Naruto fighting games -- which wouldn't be too surprising considering developer CyberConnect2 makes those games too. Aside from that, gameplay details and cast count will have to wait.

The game will have 3D support. This is also fitting, as CyberConnect2 made a big fuss about the use of 3D in the Sekai no Mukou ni flick.

.hack Sekai no Mukou ni + Versus Hybrid Pack will be released on June 28. The standard version is priced ¥7,140. Namco Bandai will also release a limited edition, priced ¥10,500.
Source
Please tell me they're gonna use the Naruto game engines, I'd hate the idea of only left right like movements.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

He was asked specifically about what it would take to bring it out here, it's not like he brought it up on his own. Joystiq didn't print their question, or translator overhead, just that they asked about that and a not-even-suggested-yet sequel to Solatorobo (a JRPG) at the same time and got one answer back.

What I want to know is what happens in 2025, then.
fragmentedfear

Post by fragmentedfear »

This isn't confirmed to be the new game they were talking about before starring Haseo, is it? The post on the homepage has those screens, but they didn't say this was that, did they? That new game project might be something different.

Here are some real screens.
http://andriasang.com/con0ct/dot_hack_something/
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's the same game.

Yeah I was just about to post the Famitsu screens. Apparently the game does have a plot, revolving around a character named "9":

Look familiar? You get three guesses.
fragmentedfear

Post by fragmentedfear »

Kuukai wrote:It's the same game.
I can't find any source confirming this. They said the New Game Project would star Haseo. A fighting game doesn't star any one character, does it?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They never actually said it starred Haseo, they just released a lot of screenshots showing Haseo and nothing else. They refused to even confirm it was Haseo.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Judging by hair and necklace... did.. they sexify Tokio?

Hope this isn't some SoraxRoxas Tokio/Okito organizationXII/Schiscal garbage. Days was terrible.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Actually he always had that choker thing... Yeah, calling him "9" and giving him a hoodie probably wasn't the way to go if you didn't want to be Kingdom Hearts... It's cool to realize it's real-world clothing, though. (Oh, also the gear motif!)

And I think it's really cool to approach his character like this. Not sure what the plot is exactly, but imagine you're random .hack characters in the timeline Tokio is changing. It could easily become this game.

It's also good because at the end of Link  they really didn't provide that much closure about the Knights or AIKA--they're just like "I know we'll meet again someday."

The fact that they seem to actually be following up on at least one of those promises is refreshing.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Yeah I know. Im saying thats how I realized it was him. I thought red hair, but went to some type of upgraded geist in my head, but thought that might not make the most sense. Then I noticed his infinity choker.

I meant the hoody/ hair that obeys gravity/posture/downward look when referring to his newfound sexyness.
k-su

Post by k-su »

I didn't think there would be screens so soon, considering how long it took Famitsu the last time to post images to their site. The game is looking incredible so far. It's interesting to note the level up mechanic, which makes me wonder what role and how much weight this will have. Also, it looks like Haseo maybe can switch forms at will, which is a nice touch, though whether it is tied into the level system remains to be seen.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Wait a minute. I could have sworn someone asked about a .hack fighting game in a Q & A session here towards Matsuyama-Sama awhile back and he clearly said no. Plus, the game seems oddly familiar to the Ultimate Ninja Storm series formula.

So does anyone think we'll be getting AFK in the roster?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Level Up is Sora's unique Exceed ability, it's not a general mechanic. It's probably a reference to this:

Haseo's Exceed might be switching forms.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Sooo, let me make a generalization of this:

Skills = Jutsu
Altmit Skills = Enhanced Jutsu
Exceed = Ultimate Jutsu
fragmentedfear

Post by fragmentedfear »

Kuukai wrote:They never actually said it starred Haseo, they just released a lot of screenshots showing Haseo and nothing else. They refused to even confirm it was Haseo.
Hmm. This article from Siliconera claimed he was the protagonist.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/15/th ... hack-game/
But if that was just their assumption, then I see...

I have still yet to see any source or confirmation these two games are one and the same.