Hacking .hack//Infection (How to make Skeith spawn anywhere)

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

reyke

Re: Hacking .hack//Infection (Playing as any Party PC!)

Post by reyke »

Hi everyone im trying to find where to change your class does anyone know the number where its located such as 013CAF ect.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

reyke wrote:Hi everyone im trying to find where to change your class does anyone know the number where its located such as 013CAF ect.
Are you looking for ISO base? If so you are likely using the "Playing as any Party PC" method.

Here's the snippet of the tutorial that should help you.
13CAC80 -

Here is the table if you wanted to fool around with your character parameters. Just keep in mind that when you reach stats every 0A = 1 in the actual game.
What is important here is the Name Pointer and Model Pointer. Use the list after Class to find the name and model pointer you wish.

With that knoweledge in hand replace the basic name pointer and model pointer of Kite to your desired character's own.

D0 E6 40 00 - Name Pointer
D8 E6 40 00 - Model Pointer
07 00 00 00 - ???
00 00 01 00 - Level
00 00 00 00 - Character ID
E8 03 00 00 - GP
00 00 20 43 - ???
00 00 34 42 - ???
00 00 00 00 - ???
3F 00 0D 00 - HP/SP
0F 00 0E 00 - Atk/Def
21 00 21 00 - Acc/Eva
0E 00 0E 00 - M. Atk/M. Def
1A 00 1A 00 - M. Acc/M. Eva
0C 00 0C 00 - Earth/Water
0C 00 0C 00 - Fire/Wood
0C 00 0C 00 - Light/Dark
28 00 28 00 - Body/Soul
14 00 14 00 - Headgear/Armor
14 00 14 00 - Hand Armor/Leg Armor
00 00 00 00 - Weapon/???
00 00 DC 41 - ???/Speed/Collision?
XX XX 00 00 - Class
I hope this helps.
reyke

Post by reyke »

Thanks I got it working I guess the problem was I was loading a save when it was set as a twinblade but once I started a new game it was a wavemaster. I can just say now its hard fighting that level 1 goblin with 50 hp when your staff only hits for 2 dmg stupid orca not letting me use skills lol.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Heh. I never thought about that. I would imagine that would be very annoying, especially considering that you're playing as an actual Wavemaster and not a quasi-wavemaster
reyke

Post by reyke »

yea but it gets easier after that since va kruz hits for like 230 and ru rom hits for like 8-15 a hit.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Indeed, I played through Infection as a quasi-Wavemaster a little bit back and it was a lot of fun! You really learn to exploit enemies weaknesses and the like, which is something you could do as a Twin Blade, but wasn't really necessary.
Vorbei

Post by Vorbei »

Xu Yuan wrote:I am fairly sure it was on the official servers shortly after its release on the XBox. What is NOL'ing? This is the first time I've heard that term.
NOL was a HUnewearl from a Forest quest on ep1. She was lv5. To NOL someone was to overwrite their character with a copy of NOL. So it pretty much erased your character.
Xu Yuan wrote:I was going to say that armor didn't seem familiar to me, than you mentioned it was an Episode 4 addition. Hmm, does this Scht fellow make events as well? Is that even within his scope?
Actually, Lafuteria was added with ep2 and is online-only. It wasn't an ep4 addition. The Trap Vision effect armor is ep4, though. I'm completely blanking on what it's named, though.
There's a handfull of non-seasonal custom events that are always available. In addition to the official seasonal events (which have always been online-only in every incarnation, I believe), they've also done some custom seasonal events. The only one I can actually recall is "Spring Cleaning", where they ramp up the difficulty on Ultimate or something like that. I haven't been around for them.
Schthack himself doesn't run the server anymore, for the record. He stepped down almost two years ago, I think. It's mainly run by Crono and Lee now, I think.
Xu Yuan wrote:I am willing to go with strange fetishes, on why some of the female outfits look odd. Ah well, at least the Force outfits look pretty good from what I've seen so far. Give me a robe like appearance and I'll be happy. If I have friends to play with though in games, I would normally prefer to party with them than to solo. I know I can trust them well enough. So if I manage to get a decent gaming rig (it looks pretty state of the art) I'll definitely check to see if you're on.
Sadly, they haven't finished all of the Force costumes, so it's impossible to tell what direction they'll actually take. (Like I said, the HUnewearl outfit looks fine in the artwork, it's just in-game it looks horrific) I'm hoping they don't screw up the FOnewm outfit! It is the single most beautiful thing they have made in the history of ever. The original PSO FOnewm looked amazing in artwork too, it just ended up looking silly in-game. T_T I don't want it to become less awesome again!
The FOmar robe is finished, though, and I've seen people wearing it for each class. It seems to fit wonderfully no matter what class you're playing, so it doesn't feel like it should be a Force-only thing anymore.

They said they were aiming for slightly dated computers to be able to run it, actually. You can find the minimum requirements over here. Just scroll down a bit.
My character names are still subject to change depending on how the classes actually work, but if there's four character slots, I'll probably be any of these: Kyasarin, Colette Brunel, Endrance, Liminality. (Long story for why I'm choosing that last one. You can hear all about that if we meet up. xD) So feel free to disrupt anything I'm doing to demand Guild Card or whatever they're calling it this time.
Xu Yuan wrote:I know what you mean... what scares me most in hacking video games is Out of Bounds areas, for some reason, those really freak me out. This was especially bad in Zelda 64. In .hack, it makes me flinch a little, but its manageable. I do find it really strange that they removed any hide or hair of the Unicorn Fountain, especially from when debug carts still have most of those 96' E3 Demo areas to everyone's surprise. And an immense amount of unused NPC models. and a few alternate characters (Adult Saria for instance). This leads me to believe that may have been an Extremely late in production shot, so late, that it didn't even make it into the final version in time. Which is why there's no blueprint of it left in the final game. But that's just my view on it.
I was scared to say out of bounds specifically T_T; I feel embarrassed admitting to being scared of it, especially since I love looking at it at the same time.... Something that hammered that fear in was a rotating piece of scenery in another game that seemed more like a horrific monster when outside of bounds, smacking into me over and over again.

Unused areas, I can see just being left unused or being removed, but character models... It always annoys me to find unused characters. "Would it have been so hard to just put it as some extra scenery in a town?" While finding it wouldn't be an accomplishment anymore, it would no longer be such a slap to the face to whoever made the model! <_< If I found out a good portion of work I put into a game went unused, I'd feel all insulted.
...Wait, wasn't the "Adult Saria" just a beta model with some minor differences like no belt?
Xu Yuan wrote:I know that there are movie teasers in //Link (I haven't made it that far yet), so its likely the two are probably connected. I'd say I'm about 75% through the game now and have over 215 emails and those friend events have almost doubled. Unfortunately the friend events aren't voiced. (That would have taken up a World of space in the UMD, I feel.) So yeah, the meaning is often guessed at. The only one I could make out was when Sanjuro was asked his favorite quote, he curiously enough responds in perfect English (makes sense since he lives in South Dakota) quoting the Tao Te Ching (The journey of 1000 miles, begins with a single step). So that was interesting. Other than that I couldn't really catch the gist of any of them, so far.

I remember the Balmung look-alike's name through the first three letters of his name Baldor, Balmung. I wonder what that name means? I'm curious to know if it has any special significance like Balmung's name had.
If they were better at compression, voice files wouldn't take up so much space... somehow, that's something no devs seem to ever care about, so I end up thinking it's a way to pay the voice actors less. Then again, I'm always sympathetic toward the voice actors.

"Bealdor" or "Baldor" are are old English words for "Lord," "Prince," "King," etc. Or it could be a reference to Baldr, the Norse God.
Zer0 wrote:Oh, and at the moment, PSO2 is still Japanese PC onry
I know I was the one making a big deal about it currently being X-onry in the "MMO closest to The World" thread, but I'd also like to stress the other things. The Facebook page for PSO2 has had several updates in English (not just Google-translated) and they stated they really wanted a worldwide release. While that doesn't set in stone that PSO2 will be released in English, I still think there's a pretty good chance. If not, I'm not going to bother. Why give them money and struggle to play a game they didn't care enough to let me legitimately play? While plenty of English-speakers would undoubtedly play it, it's still no way for anyone who isn't fluent in the native language to actually play unless they don't particularly enjoy the social aspect of MMOs. Plus, it's usually written in the terms of service that they reserve the right to ban any players who are not residents of Japan, for such simple reasons as not being a resident of Japan.
So uh, yeah, no thanks.

The more I think about playing as other characters/classes... the less I want to actually bother with it XD Mostly because I've played Fragment, I guess. Also because IMOQ is mostly tailored for a Twin Blade. But saying that now actually sounds insulting... I don't mean it that way, I swear.
Especially since I'll probably end up using this when I get around to LPing IMOQ. I'm a fan of slightly hacked LPs that make little to no mention of the hacks being used, so it's still right up my alley. (*while using Piros model* "Hey guys, welcome to the IMOQ LP. This is our hero for the story, Hiros. We'll meet his twin, Piros, later on.")
reyke

Post by reyke »

ugh starting to hate youtube I used to upload vids in .wmv format and it would upload in 10 min. now it seems like no matter what format I try it takes like a hour+ also in case anyone is wondering im doing a play through of fragment. Also I tested using blackrose and the game seems to have no trouble at all with having the 2 character models running at the same time.
Xu Yuan

Re: Hacking .hack//Infection (Creating Dungeons! Sort of...)

Post by Xu Yuan »

First off, relatively big news! I cracked the code on EditDungeon. True to its name it does allow you to Actually edit dungeons... of course it's not easy, nor is it very user friendly.

It only seems to take story and event dungeons into account, as one may guess. I tested it in the good ol' mainstay of Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field

Here's what you can do... If a room is a certain type (I've only seen Square room and Hallway-esque so far, haven't encountered large rooms yet)

Here are the notes on the matter. Keep in mind that this is in RAM only, not for the ISO, but finding them in the ISO shouldn't be too difficult I would imagine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Edit Dungeon -

The Key to editing dungeons is now within our hands!

2065CD28 - Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field's Dungeon.
First Room's position.

12000000 - The Horizontal Position - The amount it is either to the right or left. If nulled it will be to the absolute far right. 4C is absolute far left, before glitch's start to appear.

1A000000 - The Vertical Position - The amount it is either up or down. If nulled it will be to the absolute north. 4C is absolute south, before glitch's start to appear.

0C000000 - ???

00000000 - When filled with 11 the room would not load.

00000000 - ???

04000000 - ???

11000000 - Room Type, believed at the time to be merely rotation. When there's no "Up" in a dungeon, the dungeon fails to load.

11 - Faces the room North
12 - Faces the room South

00000000 - When filled with 11 or 01, the door warped me to the far corner of the map. (black space) (With the warping effect that happens when making your way through Pulsating Worst Core in Mutation)

00000000 - ???
00000000 - ???
00000000 - ???

01000000 - Rather bizarre, when nulled the door will take me to the T hallway, except that the room itself isn't loaded. Yet, when you use a Fairy's Orb the room appears, before you use it there is no collision, after you use a fairy's orb the collision will restore. At first I thought this may have just been an attempt to make darkened rooms that you needed Fairy Orbs to see, yet that there was no collision in this darkness puts a kink in that idea. It may perhaps be room number identifier? But then why would the room become real when a Fairy Orb is used in it?

14000000 - ???
14000000 - ???
14000000 - ???
00000000 - ???
00000000 - When filled with anything the T hallway seems to disappear and going through the door causes the character to vanish (very similar to the Bitter Fantasy Mirror World's second instance ending)

01000000 - Believed to be the Actual room identifier. When nulled the game will load up the T hallway (despite the character beeing in the location of the first room, with bizarrely the two treasure chests floating at two different altitudes. I didn't even know dungeons had a z axis. Or? Maybe not?

----------------------------
2065CD74 - Start of Second Room
(the 3 always blank 00's are omitted from hereon out)

0C - Room East/West position
0A - Room North/West position
00 - ???
02 - It will show another version of that room when set to 01, which is much smaller but still a three way hallway, other values do not change it however and only causes problems.

00 - ???
00 - ???
01 - When nulled the room contained a working Magic Portal. No other tried values produced anything. Addendum - Magic Portals can be set in any room type it appears.

0E - Room type
00 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
14 - ???
00 - ???
02 - ???
03 - When nulled the entrance to the L room becomes the same as the Fairy Orb oddity listed above.
00 - ???
00 - ???
02 - When nulled the first room and the third room will cease to be.
-------------------------------

2065CDC0 - Start of Third Room (Speed Charm Room)

08 - Horizontal position of room.
10 - Vertical position of room.
00 - ???
00 - Does odd things and freezes the game.
00 - ???
00 - ???
06 - ???
08 - Room Type (Square)
00 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
01 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
03 - When you enter the dungeon you enter in a black mass, using a Fairy's Orb dispels this (the function of this thing just gets odder and odder...)

--------------------------------------
2065CE0C - Start of Fourth Room (The L shaped room)

1C - Horizontal position of room
0E - Vertical position of room
00 - ???
01 - When nulled a black mass, use a Fairy's Orb to dispel
00 - ???
00 - ???
02 - When nulled a magic portal will appear in this room.
05 - Room Type
00 - Forced Warp when exiting when filled with anything.
00 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
04 - When nulled the next room fails to load until you use a Fairy's Orb.

14 - ???
01 - ???
14 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
04 - Same as the 03 at the end of the last room.

-----------------------------
Start of Fifth Room (Staircase Down)
1E - Horizontal position of room
0A - Vertical position of room
0D - ???
00 - When nulled a black mass, use a Fairy's Orb to dispel
00 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
22 - Room Type
00 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
14 - When nulled the next room fails to load until you use a Fairy's Orb.

03 - ???
14 - ???
14 - ???
00 - ???
00 - ???
12 - Same as the 04 at the end of the last room.

------------------
(Sublist of Room Type Square)

00 - Nothing
01 - Small Room with door facing North
02 - Small Room with door facing South
03 - Small Room with two vertical exits
04 - Small Room with door facing East
05 - Small Room with doors facing East and North
06 - Small Room with doors facing East and South
07 - Small Room with three exits, excluding West
08 - Small Room with door facing West
09 - Small Room with doors facing West and North
0A - Small Room with doors facing West and South
0B - Small Room with three exits excluding East
0C - Small Room with doors facing East and West
0D - Small Room with doors facing East, West, and North
0E - Small Room with doors facing East, West, and South
0F - Small Room with four exits
10 - Nothing?
11 - Small Room facing South. (Up)
12 - Small Room facing North (Up)
13 - Nothing?
14 - Small Room facing West (Up)
15 - Nothing?
16 - Nothing?
17 - Nothing?
18 - Small Room facing East(Up)
19 - Nothing?
1A - Nothing?
1B - Nothing?
1C - Nothing?
1D - Nothing?
1E - Nothing?
1F - Nothing?
20 - Nothing?
21 - Small Room facing North (Down)
22 - Small Room facing South (Down)
23 - Nothing?
24 - Nothing?
25 - Nothing?
26 - Nothing?
27 - Nothing?
28 - Small Room facing East(Down)
29 - Nothing?
2A - Nothing?
2B - Nothing?
2C - Nothing?
2D - Nothing?
2E - Nothing?
2F - Nothing?
------------------------
-------
(Sublist of Room Type Hallways)
00 - Null
01 - Room 1.jpg - Facing North
02 - Room 1.jpg - Facing South
03 - Long Hallway
04 - Room 1.jpg - Facing East
05 - A 90 degree angled room facing North and heading East
06 - A 90 degree angled room facing South and heading East
07 - Long T shaped hallway facing East
08 - Room 1.jpg - Facing West
09 - A 90 degree angled room facing West and heading South
0A - A 90 degree angled room facing North and heading West
0B - Long T shaped hallway facing West
0C - A short hallway running from left to right
0D - Long T shaped hallway facing North
0E - Long T shaped hallway facing South
0F - A + shaped hallway
10 - Nothing?
11 - Long stairway room facing South. (Up)
12 - Long stairway room facing North (Up)
13 - Nothing?
14 - 90 degree angle facing South (Up?)
15 - Nothing?
16 - Nothing?
17 - Nothing?
18 - Long hallway running horizontal West(Up)
19 - Nothing?
1A - Nothing?
1B - Nothing?
1C - Nothing?
1D - Nothing?
1E - Nothing?
1F - Nothing?
20 - Nothing?
21 - Long Stairway Room facing South (Down)
22 - Long Stairway Room facing North (Down)
23 - Nothing?
24 - Nothing?
25 - Nothing?
26 - Nothing?
27 - Nothing?
28 - Long Horizontal Hallway West(Down)
29 - Nothing?
2A - Nothing?
2B - Nothing?
2C - Nothing?
2D - Nothing?
2E - Nothing?
2F - Nothing?

(There may be more, but I couldn't find anything more)
The strangest part of this all was the Fairy Orb acting as much more than a modest mapping tool. I wonder if that's technically its debug function, so to speak...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vorbei wrote: NOL was a HUnewearl from a Forest quest on ep1. She was lv5. To NOL someone was to overwrite their character with a copy of NOL. So it pretty much erased your character.
The reporter lady? If I recall right? How did that even work... such a strange hack... Could she be leveled up or anything? Or was she permanently level 5?
Actually, Lafuteria was added with ep2 and is online-only. It wasn't an ep4 addition. The Trap Vision effect armor is ep4, though. I'm completely blanking on what it's named, though.
There's a handfull of non-seasonal custom events that are always available. In addition to the official seasonal events (which have always been online-only in every incarnation, I believe), they've also done some custom seasonal events. The only one I can actually recall is "Spring Cleaning", where they ramp up the difficulty on Ultimate or something like that. I haven't been around for them.
Schthack himself doesn't run the server anymore, for the record. He stepped down almost two years ago, I think. It's mainly run by Crono and Lee now, I think.
Hmm, that sounds fairly interesting. Now all I'm worried about is my internet connection being good enough.
Sadly, they haven't finished all of the Force costumes, so it's impossible to tell what direction they'll actually take. (Like I said, the HUnewearl outfit looks fine in the artwork, it's just in-game it looks horrific) I'm hoping they don't screw up the FOnewm outfit! It is the single most beautiful thing they have made in the history of ever. The original PSO FOnewm looked amazing in artwork too, it just ended up looking silly in-game. T_T I don't want it to become less awesome again!
The FOmar robe is finished, though, and I've seen people wearing it for each class. It seems to fit wonderfully no matter what class you're playing, so it doesn't feel like it should be a Force-only thing anymore.
Heh, well time will tell on those matters. Glad to hear that the FOmar robe looks pretty good on pretty much anything.
They said they were aiming for slightly dated computers to be able to run it, actually. You can find the minimum requirements over here. Just scroll down a bit.
My character names are still subject to change depending on how the classes actually work, but if there's four character slots, I'll probably be any of these: Kyasarin, Colette Brunel, Endrance, Liminality. (Long story for why I'm choosing that last one. You can hear all about that if we meet up. xD) So feel free to disrupt anything I'm doing to demand Guild Card or whatever they're calling it this time.

This computer I don't even think supports graphic cards (It's a laptop, a fairly aged one by now) and many of the others it is below specs... eh, guess that'll have to wait.
I was scared to say out of bounds specifically T_T; I feel embarrassed admitting to being scared of it, especially since I love looking at it at the same time.... Something that hammered that fear in was a rotating piece of scenery in another game that seemed more like a horrific monster when outside of bounds, smacking into me over and over again.

Unused areas, I can see just being left unused or being removed, but character models... It always annoys me to find unused characters. "Would it have been so hard to just put it as some extra scenery in a town?" While finding it wouldn't be an accomplishment anymore, it would no longer be such a slap to the face to whoever made the model! <_< If I found out a good portion of work I put into a game went unused, I'd feel all insulted.
...Wait, wasn't the "Adult Saria" just a beta model with some minor differences like no belt?
I'm pretty much the opposite, I hate when they leave out usable levels, but it makes finding them again all the more enjoyable, I guess. Did that Adult Saria thing turn out to be a bust? I should have guessed... These unused characters... Aside from Aria, who wouldn't have worked in the current story (the most advanced NPC in graphics by far), the rest of those left out seemed to be left out for pretty good reason. Many of them are ancient graphics and a few of them just didn't look that good to begin with.

If they were better at compression, voice files wouldn't take up so much space... somehow, that's something no devs seem to ever care about, so I end up thinking it's a way to pay the voice actors less. Then again, I'm always sympathetic toward the voice actors.
There is an absolute Ton of voiced text in this game, to where some of it is so deeply compressed that you can hear a literal white noise over it. They were clearly stretched to their limits. Having finished the game there are nearly 400 of these friend events. I couldn't see them being able to voice them all.

"Bealdor" or "Baldor" are are old English words for "Lord," "Prince," "King," etc. Or it could be a reference to Baldr, the Norse God.
Well... the more you know. Glad to see his name has a meaning as well. Then again most characters in .hack// have powerful meanings to their name.

The more I think about playing as other characters/classes... the less I want to actually bother with it XD Mostly because I've played Fragment, I guess. Also because IMOQ is mostly tailored for a Twin Blade. But saying that now actually sounds insulting... I don't mean it that way, I swear.
Especially since I'll probably end up using this when I get around to LPing IMOQ. I'm a fan of slightly hacked LPs that make little to no mention of the hacks being used, so it's still right up my alley. (*while using Piros model* "Hey guys, welcome to the IMOQ LP. This is our hero for the story, Hiros. We'll meet his twin, Piros, later on.")
I would say that it is tailored for Twin Blade only in the most basic sense. Did you know that there's almost 1/4th more Heavy Blade weapon than there are Twin Blade weapons? With our knowledge that would no longer be the case in any easy manner. Making another class seem legitimate isn't that much of a stretch by this point.

I like slightly hacked or challenge LP's as well, but those are both becoming fairly rare.
----------------------------------------------
reyke wrote:ugh starting to hate youtube I used to upload vids in .wmv format and it would upload in 10 min. now it seems like no matter what format I try it takes like a hour+ also in case anyone is wondering im doing a play through of fragment. Also I tested using blackrose and the game seems to have no trouble at all with having the 2 character models running at the same time.

That is great news! And was one of my chief worries. (No mirror vision madness as what happened with multiple kites. The physics in that still boggle my mind...)

This Fragment LP is a first of its kind, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe it would be best to post that in General? May get a bit more exposure there.
Xu Yuan

Re: Hacking .hack//Infection (Infection// has all 4 games...

Post by Xu Yuan »

So... it turns out that //Infection alone contains All of the events that are used in Every Other Game. I feel a little bit angry at that... but ah well. The manga approach always kept me guessing and I loved that they handled it in that that way. The only thing missing to play these event is text pointers for Mutation and onward. Only mainline, mind you. Apparently all of the S events (extra, more or less) have Japanese text associated with one and all. So you should, in theory) be able to legitly get Terajima Ryoko for instance, with a little bit of tweaking of the system. (By little, I likely mean A lot)

Well here's the info. Only really filenames to help me, so I know what event I'm currently on when I get back to event editing (Heaven help me, I will load a Harald Room outside of a cutscene!)
evMsgM101 - Kite Creating Character
evMsgM102 - Orca's Tutorial (Both Town and Aqua Field)
evMsgM103 - Orca's Tutorial (Aqua Field continued)
evMsgM104 - Orca's Tutorial and Dungeon events
evMsgM110 - After Skeith events
evMsgM111 - Meet BlackRose + Obtaining the Bracelet
evMsgM112 - Going back to the Desktop and receiving mail from Helba
evMsgM113 - Overhearing Sieg and Edajima talk about Mia
evMsgM114 - Defeating the Data Bug and Meeting Mistral
evMsgM116 - (Where did 15 go? A removed event, perhaps?) Receiving Book of Law
evMsgM117 - Mia's Solo Dungeon
evMsgM118 - Mia teaching Kite to Gate Hack and Dungeon
evMsgM120 - Kite and BlackRose go to explore Quiet Eternal White Devil (e-mail included)
evMsgM121 - Kite and Elk go to a dungeon
evMsgM123 - Kite and BlackRose plan to go to Cursed Despaired Paradise, but lack Virus Cores
evMsgM124 - Kite meets up with Mistral and Apeiron, Mistral and he go to a Dungeon
evMsgM125 - Kite and BlackRose find the first Harald Room at Cursed Despaired Paradise
evMsgM126 - Kite meets Bob, a friend of Orca at Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field
evMsgM127 - Kite meets Linda, another friend of Orca after going through Lonely Silent Great Seal
evMsgM128 - Kite finds the second Harald Room.
evMsgM129 - Kite and BlackRose go to look for Meg in Great Distant Fertile Land
evMsgM130 - Kite and BlackRose head to find Skeith at Chosen Hopeless Nothingness
evMsgM131 - Kite's monologue after beating the game
evMsgM115 - (So that's where it was...) Meeting Piros and off to Indiscreet Gluttonous Pilgrimage
evMsgM122 - Helping Piros get back to normal after Mia tricked him.

Incredible! All of the text and data for the Parody Mode is still in our US game! It's in files labeled evMsgMxxxp - as you can guess. It's still in Japanese. In the US Iso this links to a bunch of numbers which I am confident is still the parody mode. So we may not have the voice for it, but if we wanted to we could repair the Parody Mode, if we can find its trigger, only in text.

evMsgS100 - Battling Stehoney
evMsgS101 - Battling Jonue
evMsgS102 - Battling Zyan
evMsgS103 - Battling Albert
evMsgS104 - Battling Martina
evMsgS108 - Meeting Sanjuro and finding the Kotetsu Sword
evMsgS109 - Meeting Gardenia and getting her Member Address
evMsgS110 - Kite and Gardenia go through a Dungeon
evMsgS111 - Meeting Natsume and retrieving the Spiral Edge
evMsgS112 - Fighting aboard the Giant
evMsgS113 - "Piros would like this." (Removed event?)

evMsgS200-S218 - Completely in Japanese, but do appear to be in //Infection.
Presumably Mutation extra events

evMsgS300-S321 - Completely in Japanese, but do appear to be in //Infection.
Presumably Outbreak extra events

evMsgS400-410 - Completely in Japanese, but do appear to be in //Infection.
Presumable Quarantine extra events

If I'm reading this right... All of the .hack// games are Actually in //Infection? There are event instructions for Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine here, and not just Text.
reyke

Post by reyke »

Am I the only one who would love to just delete anything that has to do with piros? ^_^
Blue_Innis

Post by Blue_Innis »

Jesus christ all of this file manipulation, makes me wanna experiment with the .iso files now...
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Blue_Innis wrote:Jesus christ all of this file manipulation, makes me wanna experiment with the .iso files now...
What did you have in mind to search for? To my knowledge I've found most matters that can be easily modified, only thing that is missing now is Story Area Treasure Chests.

I've looked again and again for things like the Steel Blades and Speed Charm the game gives you in Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field as well as the Kagayuzen and Rusty Nails, but have come up blank each and every time. There is also the matter of the amount of damage skills do, but aside from that, I'm not sure how much is left.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

It's been a while hasn't it? Well I decided to get back into events and I found a lot of the missing pieces from my first run through.

I can now set any event on any map I like and the game (for the most part) takes the changes in stride. This allows me to answer those questions from a while back..

"Can you battle in town?" Well, I can't yet answer that one yet. Towns appear to be given no identification byte that I can surmise. Every event field is a field after all but towns are a little more tricky to access. I still don't know how to freely use other servers in events.

"Does Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground support enemies"? I can say the answer to that is a resounding Yes!

This is curious and with the right amount of tact you can set any event anywhere you so desire.

This also answers a lot of questions I had in the order of events, now I see that the game looks at each event as a chain, if that chain is broken all of the events just fail to activate. And the way this chain is forged is instructions at the ends and beginnings of each event. The instructions to load what we know as Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field is actually in Orca's Town Tutorial event. While the instruction to tell where an event is located in the start of the Aqua Field events.

I still need to find how the game loads maps not accessed directly by events. The Harald Rooms and the bonus boss rooms for instance fall under that.
hidora

Post by hidora »

That's just awesome, man *-*

Btw, I thought you said earlier you couldn't play as Helba o.o
The filter thingy actually doesn't look that bad on her '-'
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

hidora wrote:That's just awesome, man *-*

Btw, I thought you said earlier you couldn't play as Helba o.o
The filter thingy actually doesn't look that bad on her '-'
I did say that. Then I thought I amended it? Hmm, ah well. In any case you can play as Helba. I must have just screwed something up the first time I tried it and made a too quick assumption that she couldn't be used.

I still have no idea how to access the Harald Room or any of the unlisted event areas and the event that goes along with that info. isn't much help either. But yeah, the auto-palette thing looks decent on her. Better than some other characters I've tried.

Also here's an odd bit of info.

There's various models that are always loaded in the game. To my surprise the 8 Phases are always loaded at all times. I still can't access them though.
reyke

Post by reyke »

Just a tiny update on my part I beat infection with the exception of the bonus dungeon at the end using Elk. I was level 32 when I fought skeith my party members were gardenia and blackrose. The fight wasnt to bad of course as a wavemaster about 75% of skeiths moves 1 shot me but blackrose and sometimes gardenia didnt die I used the almighty rod to use ol repth to heal them and used the start dust rod which has a lvl 1 fire summon and level 2 earth summon. I mostly used the level 2 which did about 200 dmg on skeith. with this and lots of spaming of skills we protect broke him ect. And bam done skeith down. It wasnt bad all and all except I didnt think he would 1 shot me alot lol.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Wow, this looks absolutely freakin' cool and hilarious. I especially liked the Chaos Gate trade, haha.

Is it possible to get the high-res models from the clips to use in-game? Or are those models even in there?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

There may be One high res Kite that's available. Since I don't believe that Gate Hacking is its own cutscene, so to speak. Most matters are FMV's though, but there's a second Kite model with more definition which is for the Gate Hacking scene. Unfortunately I would have no idea how to load it outside of the cutscene if it even can be loaded outside of the cutscene.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

All right, thanks for the reply. I notice the Data Drain cutscene is similar as well. I wonder if it would be possible to obtain the engines made for these cutscene models...yikes.

Forgive me if this has been asked, but is it possible to spawn monster portals in root towns, or is it not supported? It would be quite funny IMO.