I dont get dis stuff

Rare Item

I dont get dis stuff

Post by Rare Item »

How come the main characters have the costumes of Balmunk and Kite and Blackrose?
I mean Rena and Shugo got the Kite and Blackrose cotumes through an event so it is reasonable to me but I didn't get what happend in the Link saga at all :S
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: I dont get dis stuff

Post by TheSorrow »

From what i've understood, by this point the main characters ("heroes" as you may call it) from R:1 and R:2 have become really famous, at least around The World media, and so it's normal for players to want to look like the famous characters (just like how many people would choose Kite's or Haseo's design if a The World came to exist), with The World encouraging that by allowing their full designs to be picked by the players. And our new main characters just happened to choose the looks of these certain heroes from R:1, either for being fans of them or just because they liked such designs.
I haven't really watched //Quantum so i can't say for sure, but i somehow clearly remember that being the reason for their looks. I hope i'm not getting confused with something else 'XD
(Phantom) Thief

Its the Revision

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Sorrow is correct. During the first episode after Sakuya stops the one sin event. Iyoten ends up chasing, another Kite type character while Sakuya hides behind a shop stand. Also in third and some of the previous episode there's an image of Orca, Atoli, Midori and Crimsom Knight type characters in the background scenes.

All in all It has nothing to do with Link but more-so the cause of having a new Revision. It doesn't carry the same restrictions. I'd imagine the same applied to R:2 only it was never mentioned. Quantum's appearances are more for the fans. As for Link, which is around the opening of R:X, that's a story spoiler.
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

That's why a MMO game from .hack never going to work.
You know, most of characters would be the same appearance like Kite, Balmung, BlackRose...

I admit, my character would look the same as Kite =/
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

True. Although If its any consolation in the original series there were supposedly more characters similar to Kite's avatar, they're just not advertised. You can see one in the news cast. That said IIRC Chimney's character is also based on Kite's design. Meanwhile in Fragment, the user has to choose from eight preset models. I don't know about MOBILE but I've felt that the issue was lack of customization. Whenever I've played an online fan mmorpg there were actually less Kite type characters than you'd think. But I agree most of us would be around the same area and base a character from a design.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

If i ever played a The World MMO and it had the proper means of customization, my character would have the same appearance as Henako :D
Or some naked guy.
Perhaps girl, depending of my mood.

Anyways, this isn't exactly the topic to discuss about MMO's and character customizations D: It's kind of related, but i don't consider it to be good for such discussion to happen here. Would be best in other topics and other forum areas for that matter.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

If we were talking IMOQ I'd probably have some mix of Gardenia and Moonstone, as a longarm/pikeman of course since the naginata is my personal weapon of choice.

If it were G.U. styled I have no doubt everyone would chose the Adept Rogue class for multiweapons, unless being a set class had some dramatic benefit over it.
As an Adept Rogue I'd chose Steam Gunner and Edge Punisher, making my character somewhat resemble Yata with some really long jet black hair down to his ankles.
Specified class would be Flick Reaper. My character would be dressed in Royal Blue and White, looking and acting like a jester.
loveeee

Post by loveeee »

I don't think the explanation for this has to be confined to the context of the story line. Imo the characters look this way because they're easy to relate to for people who have enjoyed other .hack character designs.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Well its clear to me that the legend of the dothackers has only been expanded or at least more had become known to the public somehow. Since when Sakuya sees that her friend Eri had chosen the BlackRose model, she comments on it and says something along the lines of "It's like old friends reunited!" So I think TheSorrow is correct. Since Iori knew about The One Sin and Descendants of Fianna she clearly knew who it was that obtained that title. Little surprise that she would base her character on him, who seems to have been mostly forgotten by time, while Kite and BlackRose's popularity seems to have grown. And Asumi strikes me as the kind of girl that would choose to be "the main hero" avatar.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I've noticed that since R:2 the history and story gets pretty convoluted and sometimes causes rather massive plot holes. Though, the use of the dothackers avatars in some fashion was already in R:1 if you read Legend of the Twilight Bracelet.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

There aren't really plot holes per se. Except in Quantum, kinda.