The "I Got .hack//Link PSP" Thread

khman145

Re: The "I Got .hack//Link PSP" Thread

Post by khman145 »

Yup, beaten him three times. Guess I'l have to start a new game if I want to re-fight a boss then...
jarcs8

Post by jarcs8 »

I have it!!! =D

but i dont understand japanese, im still playing it anyway. i dunno what im doing xD but well i passed all the .hack//sign and now i can party with kite and black rose yeeeeiiii <w<
Resplendence

Post by Resplendence »

How can you guys play the game and not understand what is said????Is it THAT easy to get through?And also I'm not sure how to get the game.I want to but the idea of seeing those japanese symbols that I don't understand kinda urks me.Any advise?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Resplendence wrote:How can you guys play the game and not understand what is said????Is it THAT easy to get through?And also I'm not sure how to get the game.I want to but the idea of seeing those japanese symbols that I don't understand kinda urks me.Any advise?
Well, some Japanese RPG's, or rather, Japanese games in general, are easy to get through without having to understand the language, and .hack is no exception. Aside from understanding the story, and items per say, the basic concept of the game is quite easy to progress through without problem or frustration. However, if you'd like to understand the story, then there is good news.

Currently, there is a fan made translation of the game in development by a few members here. You can check the front page for more details.
Resplendence

Post by Resplendence »

Great thanks :)
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I got it back again, after mistakenly misplacing it I got it back.
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

Just got it recently and am loving it! Well i have my own personal complaints but not important.
Anyone know how to access the 3rd part of //ZERO
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Heighth wrote:Just got it recently and am loving it! Well i have my own personal complaints but not important.
Anyone know how to access the 3rd part of //ZERO
finish more of the main nodes, the ones that look like circles, and that will unlock more of Zero. Understand that even if you unlock a main node it won't always mean that minor nodes, the ones that look like diamonds, will be unlocked. Even if you finish all of the main story line nodes it will not unlock all of the nodes, I'm still missing some of Alcor and Chup Chop Case. In addition the square node at the end of the main story lines will have all of the areas that you visited in the previous nodes, so don't worry about not being able to access some areas from earlier nodes in later nodes.

Some additional advice
Leveling up isn't as big of a deal in this game as it is in the others, and what matters more is your UPC's confidence Level. I believe the confidence meter goes up when you successfully burst the hearts that show up during Cross rengeki's. When you level up their confidence it will expand the Great portion of the unison combo bar and if you level it up enough an Excellent portion will show up. This makes it easier to hit level 3 and 4 finishers which is important in some boss fights which require you to shoot the enemy/projectile at the boss.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Since my nihongo is kinda rusty and even though I'm taking up a Forlan course to learn it again I have to ask as to what are the things that can make your partners like and dislike you.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Kaori wrote:Since my nihongo is kinda rusty and even though I'm taking up a Forlan course to learn it again I have to ask as to what are the things that can make your partners like and dislike you.
Since I have almost no idea what is said or written in the game I don't really know exactly what makes them like or dislike you. From what I have seen each character reacts differently to certain actions that are taken, For instance Subaru seems to hate being attacked and will not like you if you don't protect her at first. Completing requests such as when Atoli asks you to wait so she can psych herself up, or when Tsukasa asks you to wait so he can heal the party helps too. Sometimes when you accept a request the other party member will leave, so watch out for that. The one thing that really makes a character like you is if you raise their confidence level, the meter won't go down fast if their confidence is high.
Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Post by Patolea »

I got it! I tried to play last year but my psp was broken and didnt save the games, but now i have a new one and i'm starting the game.

I already saw the translation and now everything is clear = DDD
FFR

Post by FFR »

I got it and started playing it last night. So far I am loving it!
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

It finally arrived for me! Well, I think my .hack//Infection hacking may have to take a back seat for a while, hehe!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Xu Yuan wrote:It finally arrived for me! Well, I think my .hack//Infection hacking may have to take a back seat for a while, hehe!
Congrats! Hope you enjoy it!
Raikoh

Post by Raikoh »

I also have the game, however I had lost my PSP Charger recently.. Hopefully I'll find it or find a replacement. I had only played the beginning of the game, mainly the first battle/quest thing. Kinda took a bit of thinking because I am unable to read Japanese, but seemed really fun.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Raikoh wrote:I also have the game, however I had lost my PSP Charger recently.. Hopefully I'll find it or find a replacement. I had only played the beginning of the game, mainly the first battle/quest thing. Kinda took a bit of thinking because I am unable to read Japanese, but seemed really fun.
Well with an overall plot that screams .hack// and a wonderful trip down memory lane, this is definitely the most story fueled .hack// game released, in my opinion. If you liked the others, I think you'll like this!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well I know this thread is old but I'd just like to say that finishing the game was bittersweet since I couldn't understand most of it.
Resplendence

Post by Resplendence »

Why?Was it in japanese or something? :O
StorMyu

Post by StorMyu »

Also old topic but, just received !
http://666kb.com/i/c63ucf0e7975nk8x9.jpg
Clockmocker

Post by Clockmocker »

I ordered it from Play Asia about two weeks ago, I figure by the time it comes in the mail, the unofficial translation will be getting close to finishing up