.hack//the movie (the game)

emptyazureskies

.hack//the movie (the game)

Post by emptyazureskies »

what do you think it will be like?
Tolby

Re: .hack//the movie (the game)

Post by Tolby »

Too many ideas in my had. I know Im gonna be disappointed.

But outside of any ports..

Hope it isn't some shitty trivia game or something thats just like a dvd extra..

Would be cool if they were boss fights from the movie. Or would be cool if the movie ended in a cliffhanger then the PS3 bluray thing had the final boss fight playable and cutscene/real movie ending on it. Or just like a basic dungeon crawler. One root down, once chaos gate, some random levels. Just to play around on.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Keep in mind the game and the movie are made in the same building. This isn't a gimmick tacked on by a publisher. So hopefully it will rock hard.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Since it's going to be completely linked to the movie and like a part of it altogether, i expect it to cover up certain details that are only mentioned or left vaguely explained in the movie. For example, let's say they talk about in the movie about certain characters going through an event inside The World while the main characters were just somewhere else...you only get to hear that little talk in the movie, but in the game you'll be able to play as those characters and explore such events directly, learning more about them and clearing up some others details as well, and enjoying them through gameplay instead of just watching them like some bonus clips. That, or maybe certain events in the movie will become playable; a battle against some boss-thingy, for example, which you get to see in the movie as the characters attacking with random stuff and then finishing with epic stuff, will become fully playable and it'll be all up to you to decide how to face the boss and what you'll use against it.

For the latter, however, i would expect the PS3/Blu-Ray version to be very different to the theatrical release, as it'll replace some scenes with the gameplay and add/remove several stuff to make it fit well. That might be too much to ask though, even more if it's truly like my current idea, which involves some switching between movie and gameplay almost completely unnoticeable. As opposite to almost all games which are lots of gameplay with certain movie-like stuff, i think of it as an entire movie with some of gameplay added to it, not alot of it to fully involve a level-up system or complex equipment, but just enough to be able to enjoy the battles and whatever else you do, and enjoying the movie in a different way through it, as you get to play an active part on the events rather than just watch them happen. But again, this could just be a crazy idea of mine, and even more unlikely than asking for a Hard version of G.U. with complex and strategical enemy AIs D: lol

Tolby's idea of having the game serve as the "final" part of the movie sounds quite cool, however, i expect the movie to be able to answer most questions and have a proper ending on its own, rather than keep a cliffhanger that would "force" the interested people to get the game or see stuff about it just to know how it ends. I don't have anything against the game leading to a final epilogue of the movie (and maybe the entire .Hack series overall) and clear up every detail that had been left vague until then, but only if the movie is given a fitting ending for itself.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

One thing that I think is interesting is how the movie is trying to share the joy of gaming with a wider audience, Sora is a non-gamer who discovers an amazing world she never knew about. That might be why they want to include a game with the video, so the audience can do the same.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

I do have to wonder if it was so wise to make the main character's name in this, the name of another character's avatar from earlier in the series. At least how it sounds phonetically. Likely sounds different in Japanese.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

There are two Aihara's too. And two Miho's, and probably some other people I'm forgetting...
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

That's... a good point. For the longest time I had thought that Salvador Aihara was Yuki's brother, since they do look similar, if her brother lost a bit of weight.

Then they said he was Actually half Brazilian and last I checked Yuki was not, so there went that.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

And like Sora it was spelled totally differently in Japanese too.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

No game?
TT3333333TT
Coxy

Post by Coxy »

I'm quite sure the game exists but they only meant to announce the movie now and the game at a later date, now they're just trying to backpedal because the hype of a game will devour the hype of the movie heh
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Coxy wrote:I'm quite sure the game exists but they only meant to announce the movie now and the game at a later date, now they're just trying to backpedal because the hype of a game will devour the hype of the movie heh
It's a possibility... but Piroshi has also said the same thing he said in the article on his twitter. Maybe this was the reason he said "I hope this won't get me in trouble again..." in the article.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

He didn't say that in the article at all. And what he was talking about on Twitter was totally unclear. The lesson is Japanese is kind of hard even for Japanese people. There's no secret coverup here, or everyone else would have reported on it at first too. It's pretty clear from the other articles that "hybrid" was Tekken Hybrid:
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tkhybrid/index.html
k-su

Post by k-su »

http://www.4gamer.net/games/083/G008320/20110824001/

Another article with 2 short clips
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's pretty epic. Does it have anything to do with the game, though?
k-su

Post by k-su »

Oh sorry bout that. Wasn't thinking. Shall I move it?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Hmm, that first clip is actually pretty cool. I like the way that they apparently showed the damage done, and the way menus are displayed, it really makes the experience of it being an MMO that much more legit. The most we ever saw of that in the shows or anything was Haseo leveling up.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's fine, but feel free to post it in a movie thread too. Yea, sweet to see combat...
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Kuukai wrote:He didn't say that in the article at all. And what he was talking about on Twitter was totally unclear. The lesson is Japanese is kind of hard even for Japanese people. There's no secret coverup here, or everyone else would have reported on it at first too. It's pretty clear from the other articles that "hybrid" was Tekken Hybrid:
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tkhybrid/index.html
I'm puzzled because the statement was about a hybrid disc that includes a "small game"... And Tekken Hybrid isn't coming with a small game, it's coming with a full game, a HD-enhanced version of Tekken Tag Tournament and a demo of Tekken Tag 2. Unless Shin Unozawa forgot the full game and only talked about the demo, it seems he was talking about something that had nothing to do with Tekken Hybrid. Game Watch has retracted their statement, but we have to wait a move from Namco Bandaï (and Matsuyama).
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yes, that is a "small game." If Metal Gear HD is any indication, that's, like, a third of what sells as a real game these days. It's not a full game they could sell for $60. Therefore "little" (actually ちょっとした, a slightly more nuanced phrase).

They don't need to respond, every other media outlet in attendance understood them. Game Watch has apologized for the mistake.

Trust me, I researched the hell out of this before I actually posted and crushed everyone's dreams. It's not something I wanted to be true but it is.