Dot hack//Movie !

SquishyCake

Dot hack//Movie !

Post by SquishyCake »

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting, and hopefully this is the right place for me to post this.
It has come to my attention that there's a .hack//Movie underway :)
http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/themovie/ The trailer is on the upper right.
What does everyone think of this? Kite's character and the other things I see in the trailer....do you think this stays true to the original .hack, or do you think they integrate parts of //GU?
If anyone has any other information on this new movie, feel free to add :)
SquishyCake

Re: Dot hack//Movie !

Post by SquishyCake »

...I think there's already threads on this. Sorry. If anyone wants to post anyway, that's alright as well.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

We're all super-excited. This is a whole new .hack, not bound by R:1 or R:2.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Looks pretty cool. Every time I see another .hack// video it makes me want a real Action MMORPG of it even more.
SquishyCake

Post by SquishyCake »

So, kind of the same in-game characters (Kite, Balmung, etc.), just different story? hmmmm....................I am intrigued.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

SquishyCake wrote:So, kind of the same in-game characters (Kite, Balmung, etc.), just different story? hmmmm....................I am intrigued.
It's quite different from "just" that. All characters and events are very different from the past series, taking place in a very different time too.
And the whole "same PC/different player" thing has been happening ever since .Hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet.
SquishyCake

Post by SquishyCake »

TheSorrow wrote: It's quite different from "just" that. All characters and events are very different from the past series, taking place in a very different time too.
And the whole "same PC/different player" thing has been happening ever since .Hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet.
Yup, I already understood that from a previous post. To clarify, what I meant by "just" story was that the same character models IN GAME are being used again, however the situation/story and the outside players are different, the time/setting whatever.
I was already aware that the "same PC/different player" thing has happened before. I am new to the board, but definitely not new to the .hack series. I've been following it since ~2004.
Thanks.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Oh, i had assumed you meant something like "very same characters from the game and the same thing as before, just going through another story". It's alright then :3

And well, so far we've only seen the models of Kite, Balmung and Orca. Don't know yet if we'll see more characters, and if they'll be also old/familar models or completely new ones. This feels so familiar to Quantum already though, which was FULL of old models. And i'm not sure if this one movie takes place in the same "The World" as Quantum, or is directly related to it somehow (i haven't even watched Quantum, so i'm low on information there XD), but if so, we'll be seeing plenty of well-known models.
SquishyCake

Post by SquishyCake »

hm hm hmmmm, interesting... so mysterious :3 I'm so curious as to whats the dilemma in The World this time...
Azure Flame Knight

Post by Azure Flame Knight »

Hey, quick question... The girl who has Kite's look-alike PC, is the PC male or female, the PC was kinda androgynous.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I think that's the point, it's a girl playing Kite's PC.
Wiseman1

Post by Wiseman1 »

I like the way the character looks, but the way it sounds reminds me of a female. And when they are first going into the world, the voice reminds me of something else entirely. If you catch my drift.
k-su

Post by k-su »

The .hack movie has been officially titled ".hack Sekai no Mukuo Ni"
As this is a general article on CC2, there are a few tidbits mixed in with the Naruto and Asura stuff as well as possibly a tease as well.

http://andriasang.com/comytg/
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Actually it's mukou, there's a typo in the article. I'd translate it as dothack: To the Other Side of the World. Note that it's the only title ever to be normally written as something other than .hack//Something. I liked it more when it was just dothack (".hack//The Movie" was more of a secondary title), but this is still cool, it's more of a subtitle than anything else.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I'm curious on how this is gonna be incorporated into a Ps3 Game.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Kuukai wrote:Note that it's the only title ever to be normally written as something other than .hack//Something.
.hack//Legend of the Twilight was more than a single word, also there was .hack//Epitaph of Twilight.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Keyaki wrote:I'm curious on how this is gonna be incorporated into a Ps3 Game.
The PS3 game was a rumor. A reporter misinterpreted some information and confused it with Tekken Hybrid. But a re-tweet from Matsuyama did mention an inclusion in the title. The movie is still being released in theaters. Was more information reported? There is an old interview at Famitsu. It appears that the man in the black coat may be named David (デビッド) and comes from America.

http://dothackers.net/index.php?subacti ... rom=&ucat=&
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201108/30048877.html
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Insydius wrote:
Kuukai wrote:Note that it's the only title ever to be normally written as something other than .hack//Something.
.hack//Legend of the Twilight was more than a single word, also there was .hack//Epitaph of Twilight.
I don't mean there are a bunch of words, I mean that there's no . and no //
(Phantom) Thief wrote:But a re-tweet from Matsuyama did mention an inclusion in the title.
Actually he retweeted with no comment, along with a lot of other headlines, and then he tweeted something else unrelated that some people misinterpreted because of the article.

Holy crap how did I miss the David thing?
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

We are on the same wave length but why did Matsuyama offer no comment? Set aside though the information for David was posted in September. However it appears to be brief. Scroll down around the image with the man in the black coat in the background. I think the interviewer was joking but I can not explain. What do you think?

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201108/30048877.html
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

About what? It looking like he holds all the keys?