New Teaser Site

k-su

New Teaser Site

Post by k-su »

Apparently CC2 has a new teaser site up. Opposite that, a new .hack site is being teased at http://www.hack.channel.or.jp, both dated to open the same day. I'm thinking this news most likely goes here, since the movie is the only known thing left in the .hack saga and is the finale.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... _dot_hack/
Coxy

Re: New Teaser Site

Post by Coxy »

I was tempted to post this but I think at this stage I'd be lynched if it wasnt .hack :P

surely that's too much of a coincidence to be unrelated, right?
d5t

Post by d5t »

Coxy wrote:I was tempted to post this but I think at this stage I'd be lynched if it wasnt .hack :P

surely that's too much of a coincidence to be unrelated, right?
My thinking is that the countdown will be for a unrelated new game and the actual .hack website will be updated for the final movie. What do you guys think?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I think they're the same thing. CC2 can only have so many projects, and only advertise so many on the same day, and the people in this picture neither have tails nor ninja bands nor are ripped-ass buddhist gods. It looks more like what you'd expect from The World -4th Era-. They'd never ignore the movie on their own site either, since they're the ones making it.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

It is great to finally hear some .hack news. The rest of the world may not get anything, but someone will put a sub up.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

zaseo wrote:It is great to finally hear some .hack news. The rest of the world may not get anything, but someone will put a sub up.
I don't know... does //Quantum even have subs up yet? Unless the people here plan to sub it, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.
Aera

Post by Aera »

zaseo wrote:It is great to finally hear some .hack news. The rest of the world may not get anything, but someone will put a sub up.
QFT.

I decided to re-visit the forum seeing the update about a teaser site on Facebook. So excited for something new!
hidora

Post by hidora »

Xu Yuan wrote:
I don't know... does //Quantum even have subs up yet? Unless the people here plan to sub it, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.
If you mean officially, no.
If you mean fansubs, it was done within 1-2 weeks or so after each episode was launched.

And goshdarnit, I'm dying of expectations about that movie D:
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Well... nevermind that then. Hehe, glad to see that .hack// still holds some love in the international scope. Thanks for that Hidora, I'll likely take a look once I finish .hack//LINK (whenever it chooses to arrive here, that is...)
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Update: Disregard my previous request. I have obtained them. If anyone else wants them the links are:
http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/img/7_yuerwesd.jpg
http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/img/6_bvbvgfgfo.jpg
http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/img/5_ijbtfxdkft.jpg
http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/img/4_rtyuiokfh.jpg
http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/img/3_uijkmvea.jpg
http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/img/2_mjuvfrc.jpg
http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/img/1_qwiodfklk.jpg
http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/img/0_rgwnicuw.jpg
Updated with day 0.

Has anyone been collecting all the images on that site so far? I really want them all but unfortunately I wasn't able to get them the past couple days. I bet they are still up if anyone knows the filenames (or urls) of them I could snatch them. By the way Just thought it was interesting. While I was looking for a way to grab the other images I noticed this.
Guess it will be changing tomorrow.
Last edited by N3IWVC on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

This is great. I wonder what format the movie will be made in.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Nice findings N3IWVC!!! :D

I mostly wonder (other than the obvious "IS THIS .HACK!?!?"/"IS THIS THE MOVIE!?!?!"), just what are we supposed to see or expect seeing from such image? It's not a truly blurred or obscured image, like for example what Namco Bandai did with that Tales logo (distorting it and even adding stuff that didn't belong). It just looks like some sort of unrecognizable city at the side of a mountain with several unrecognizable people wandering around, all which i doubt will look any more familiar the more color is added to them. It can be .Hack, but it can be anything as well, and i don't think we'll be able to know what it is just by seeing the image alone, even at full color D:
Of course, the site will be fully opened by the time the image is at full color, and by then we'll be able to know what it is by either the huge ".Hack//" or something else at the top of the page. But still, the purpose of the image intrigues me XD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, it can't be anything. It doesn't look like Asura's Call or Coda Project. And we know a .hack announcement is coming on the 23rd, and it was announced on the same day CC2 put this page up and will be revealed the same day this page comes down. And CC2 is still in the meantime updating Asura with new trailers so this probably isn't an Asura trailer. Also it says "boot up", I'm not sure what else you could want, CC2 has never had a teaser than actually said "THIS IS .hack"...

It's probably the movie, but they've had 2 years to come up with another idea...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kuukai wrote:Well, it can't be anything. It doesn't look like Asura's Call or Coda Project. And we know a .hack announcement is coming on the 23rd, and it was announced on the same day CC2 put this page up and will be revealed the same day this page comes down. And CC2 is still in the meantime updating Asura with new trailers so this probably isn't an Asura trailer. Also it says "boot up", I'm not sure what else you could want, CC2 has never had a teaser than actually said "THIS IS .hack"...

It's probably the movie, but they've had 2 years to come up with another idea...
I understand that the whole thing screams for .Hack, with the announcement coming and all...but what i don't understand is the image itself D: Even if it's .Hack, by the time it's revealed and the image goes in full color and the title is given and all, i'll just be like "YAAAY 8DDD ...So WTF is that image anyways?"
I mean, i'm more excited for the announcement in general, than for seeing and waiting for the image to be fully colored. It's probably a view of a Root Town in the 4th Era, or an important place that will be featured in whatever comes next, and by the time i learn what it is i'll probably be enjoying the view of such pic, but right now, it's just there. And it doesn't even look like any version of Mac Anu, or anything we've seen in .Hack until now, unless maybe you go overly detailed on it and compare it to artworks or try to identify certain people or something.

Of course, i guess i shouldn't be surprised, as the Solatorobo teaser (or whatever that one was) wasn't anything but a city with random people pacing around as well, with a little Kite-ish looking thingy that would give wrong impressions but was obviously put on purpose. And if it wasn't for clues and other annoucements, we wouldn't be able to tell it was Solatorobo either. And yeah, this image sure doesn't look like Asura's Call, but it doesn't look like .Hack either, unless, again, you go overly detailed. And if it wasn't for all other clues and annoucements, and we were only shown the image alone with no other hints, we wouldn't be able to tell it was anything .Hack related. Thazzall i'm saying -3-
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/themovie/

Indeed, it was the movie after all.
3D movie, in fact.
With that Kite/Sora, a Balmung and an Orca thingy.
Unknown peoplez.
And alot of japanese stuff i don't understand.
Fun times o3o

Still no freaking idea about the pic though. lolol

YAY MOVIE CLIP THINGY 8D
The city still looks more like something from FFXII rather than that one teaser pic -3-
BUT YAY PLAYING MMOs THROUGH NORMAL-LOOKING GLASSES AND AN IPHONE
AND YAY SOPHIA
WHOEVER THAT IS AGAIN
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Finally an official annoucment, I feel so exilerated right now. Awesome the trailer looks entertaining. (I see Sophia White) :)

EDIT: http://www.4gamer.net/games/083/G008320/20110823023/ (News from 4gamer)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's exactly what I said it was and I still creamed my pants. Well played, CC2...
azazel

Post by azazel »

i loved it!!! what i found most interesting is that CC.corp seemed to be using comatose players as part of the anti-virus program, it kind of reminded me of hermit using Eri as a weapon at the end of Quantum vol.2 but was she then part of the virus created by CC.corp??? to push the anti-virus Sophia we are now seeing???
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

(Avoiding spoilers, should be getting my copy of .hack//LINK any day now, from there will watch Quantum and hopefully catch up with everything!)

That trailer was rather impressive, I had expected an art style more inline with Trilogy, but they apparently went a step beyond that.

Just one question though... how do they have the money to keep on making these big budget productions? I had thought CCCorp is still a fairly independent company isn't it? You haven't seen large giants like Square Enix for instance create a movie in a long time (though it can be argued FFXIII is basically a movie...) Is .hack really that popular in Japan that it would be able to have a movie of This quality?

In any case I'm fairly excited for it. Will probably be more so after I catch up with all of the various matters surrounding the Third Era.

Let's hope to see Harald in Glorious 3D!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I imagine there are a couple of things going on here, all premised on the idea CC2 *really* wanted to make this:
-CC2 is doing insanely well for itself now. They're making games for Bandai Namco, Capcom, and even Nintendo. They have the resources to put aside to make this happen and the connections to make it work. Unlike Square Enix, which bought a super-expensive computing center to make The Spirits Within, they're able to do a lot with a little and probably using the same machines they use to animate the games. They're not going for the Avatar side of the uncanny valley too, which I'm sure helps.
-Although this is clearly connected to the rest of .hack, my guess is it will also be targeted to a more mainstream movie audience. Like Summer Wars, but about .hack. Going on its own merit as a film vs. .hack's popularity. Telling publishers "we have these amazing visuals and this amazing story, time tested over 10 years, all you need to do is show audiences and they will like it" is probably a decent sales pitch.

Coincidentally, Sora is voiced by the girl from Summer Wars. Making this the second movie starring her that uses character designs by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and features an online world people connect to from their cellphones where something goes wrong and this affects the real world. Maaaaybe not the best choice. Great voicework, though...