Any info about Kite/Sora? spoilers ahead.

(Phantom) Thief

Re: Any info about Kite/Sora? spoilers ahead.

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Kuukai wrote:Saying "nothing has been mentioned" makes it sound like there's some possibility it was cancelled. It's been mentioned several times recently, including when Hiroshi Matsuyama said they're still working on it on his blog, and when he said the .hack timeline ends at 2025 at an Archives signing.
2025... wasn't that back in November. Was there any more information released?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's still more recent than "never." Those are the last specific things I remember, but they're also the last things I really followed with a fine tooth comb. I haven't even listened to any of the events since then (the Quantum showings, Quantum pre-party at Loft Plus One, I think other Archives signings). Anyway the earthquake probably set them back (just look at how it killed www.hack.channel.or.jp), but Archives 03 (which includes a short novel epilogue about what happens to Kite and Blackrose) is coming out on the 6th, and I'd expect something new on the .hack radar to pop up after that.
(Phantom) Thief

That would explain it. Japan also received a tsunami attack and nuclear issues soon after. Although, I figured CC2 was more focused on Naruto, Asura's Wrath and Solatorobo. But given that either way, I guess it would be a poor choice to release a CG movie that might involve the end of The World, especially after three disasters. As for Solatorobo CC2 is hosting a conference. I think funds go to Red Cross.

Speaking of the novel that sounds familiar. Does it have anything to do with After 2021?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

In response to a fan question, he again confirmed an announcement is coming:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201106/18045474.html
(Phantom) Thief

Awesome. This is good. In the event planner CC2 had .hack//Archives 03 scheduled between May and June. I guess this means the company is on track... I wish there was scan but .hack should wrap up within the next year.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Kuukai wrote:Archives 03 (which includes a short novel epilogue about what happens to Kite and Blackrose) is coming out on the 6th, and I'd expect something new on the .hack radar to pop up after that.
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. Go on.

Was it good? Was is bad? Will I cheer? Will I cry? Tell me. Don't tell me. Do you even know?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Tolby wrote:Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. Go on.

Was it good? Was is bad? Will I cheer? Will I cry? Tell me. Don't tell me. Do you even know?
It didn't really resolve that much, since they're going their separate ways, but Kite says he feels right when he's with Blackrose... It also introduces the female heavy blade Spoke, who is probably Keyaki/Zelkova.
skarekro

Post by skarekro »

Is it just me, or does she have Avatar lines near the end of the trailer?