.hack//Archives 03

roru_aurarios

.hack//Archives 03

Post by roru_aurarios »

Say I went to the CyberConnect2 Japanese website and .hack//Archives 03 had just appeared in their shop for 2011. This edition they called it the "Book of Twilight." Though I am bad reading Japanese kanji as it is hard to understand, could someone translate what it is saying? Here is the link below to show to everyone.

http://cc2.shop-pro.jp/?mode=f34
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Re: .hack//Archives 03

Post by Erroneous »

went ahead and split your post into it's own topic discussion from the second book's discussion. Didn't see the need to talk about both books in 1 topic. Anywho, saw this recently myself, disappointed as always that no international shipping exists for these things, I would love to get my hands on them, and nobody's posted them on ebay yet so...
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

Yeah I noticed that as well, though normally I use Rinkya to get Japanese products but their fees are hefty, but either way the Archives do look interesting.
Book of Twilight hmm? Will there be a Book of Daybreak?? :)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I was thinking about that. It's possible it will be like black/white, or it's possible this is the only one. Didn't see anything one way or another.
roru_aurarios

Re: .hack//Archives 03 & also ?4?

Post by roru_aurarios »

Say the CC2 Japanese website had updated their shop about their latest Archives. Still do not get what it says but it seems to me that there is a special order and an original one.

Many people are pre-ordering it to get their books on June 03, 2011, Friday. Is anyone ordering this? Sadly, I cannot do it because I never pre-order online.
k-su

Post by k-su »

I'm really hoping I can get it again, but as things are tight right now and the cost to order/ship it will round out to about $200, we'll see how things go.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Rinkya is a nice person. It was good conversation. Here:

http://stores.rinkya.com/en/buy/japan/A ... d-Edition/
k-su

Post by k-su »

I was just notified by my proxy about my order's arrival. Should be in my hands in about 10-15 days.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Mine's in... *checks* Chicago. I'm in Chicago. Dunno if they deliver this type on Sundays but either way I'll have it by Monday...
(Phantom) Thief

Mine is on the way to the warehouse. I'm intrigued what was the final cost for you two?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Mine is on the way to the warehouse. I'm intrigued what was the final cost for you two?
About twice as much, which is a ripoff, but at least they were fast. What about you?
(Phantom) Thief

Sounds around what I expected. A bit more than half for the limited edition; it was close to $300.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Paid just a bit over $200, but I shipped Registered SAL, so that shaved a little off the top I guess.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Holy crap, I just got archives (#635) and I'm in it!! I sent a fanmail like ten years ago that's now immortalized in the Please Tell Me! book (HINT: It's the one in English)
k-su

Post by k-su »

That's awesome and thank you for saving me from the dreaded double post just now.

Since the three of us are picking up the books, i was wondering if you guys planned to pitch in with the scanning, how we'd divide up the content.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I plan on helping translate, but I dunno about scanning this thing, unless you really need help... Anyway we can probably skip the Tell Me! book at least since it's entirely on InternetArchive... Well, maybe scan my page, the internet needs to see that (the icon even looks like me)...
k-su

Post by k-su »

You're really gonna translate it? That's awesome. I knew you were working on the Link translation, so I figured you might be a bit busy with that.

Well, we shall see how things look. Actually, how do things look, since you have the books? The storyboard and illustration books don't look too big in the picture, but then again, its kinda a small picture.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

By translate, I mean what's new. Which after like 4 other info books sadly isn't a lot. I might summarize, because I'm not sure if I want to translate every word of .hack//Legacy. But I just lightning-skimmed through it and as far as I can tell it's partly about
 a powerful young girl heavy blade named Spoke who is probably Keyaki/Zelkova (entirely my speculation, obviously since G.U. hasn't happened here this is hard to prove, but read on to see why I think this). Helba's taken her under her wing, there are about a million theories for what she is presented by the characters (a foreigner, a Phase, a hacker...), but Helba says she is an existence that is like a guidepost for the changing world, "like a tree that continues to point towards heaven as clamor and commotion surrounds it."
Also Kite
 plans to study foreign languages. Netslum and the way people come together from different places with different ways of thinking really left an impression on him. He does seem to have feelings for Blackrose, but for the time being I guess they won't see each other for a while. I'll have to read it more thoroughly at some point.

And there's plenty of Lios too!

Ummm... in total it's about 300 pages for Archives, 150 for the storyboards, and 30 for illustrations. The storyboards are cool but also more of just something neat to own vs. something people would really appreciate scans of... The Illustration book is awesome though... And Archives has storyboards for the opening to Moon Crow, which is just amazing. This not only needs to be scanned it needs to be slide-showed and put on Youtube, preferably with suitable music from Narutimate Accel.

Wow, everything about the prototypes is as awesome as you would expect, Human Skeith...
k-su

Post by k-su »

That's some interesting tidbits. Can't wait to hear what else is in there. You said you translated from other books? Is that documented somewhere. That'd be awesome to see.

Doesn't sound too bad at all. I could knock that out like normal.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

What I meant was there've been a lot of those books covering this material, so not that much is brand new. I haven't actually gone over the other Archives with as fine-toothed a comb as I should... What I have translated from other books is scattered about or on the wiki... What I translated before about Moon Crow and Forteprotze actually came entirely from a "welcome" pamphlet I got at CC2 headquarters, this is the first time it's actually been published (and they added a lot to it)

Here's random stuff:
-"where Data Drain 2128's name comes from", by Hiroshi Matsuyama - It's a data drain based on technology from the year 2128! But why 2128? Well, if you subtract 108, the number of Buddhist defilements plaguing our minds, you get 2020! in other words .hack//Link's technology was hidden in this number! An irregular skill brought forth by the contact of future technology and people's ambitio- (enough already, prez!)

-The liminality easter eggs about the phases' purposes are finally confirmed as unused concepts

-They explain wtf was up with all the concept art for a wind element they released before, it changed to wood

-Originally Kite liked apple pie!

-Aura's design is based on the Mamoru Oshii movie Angel's Egg. There's no real reason for this decision, they just liked the design.

-Kite's last name was originally intended to be Kuramochi (倉持). They had a few different ideas for his first name, including Daichi (大地) or Riku (which mean "land", to go with "azure sky" and "azure sea"--it's interesting that it was originally "land" and not "flame"), "Kaito" (海人), or Yutaka (豊, "Yuta" for short--I dunno, from Silent Bomber or something?)

-A name they thought up for Helba was Hiromi Owada, which could be either a man or a woman. Or it could have been an alias.

-Hahaha I don't know how seriously to take the potential names but Lios's was apparently the equivalent of "Piggy McPighead" (Actually it's "Rocky McRockhead", or rather "Iwao Ishida", but in the English version they changed rock to pig...)