Ep 3 Screenshots! *SPOILERS these are real*

ART1984

Ep 3 Screenshots! *SPOILERS these are real*

Post by ART1984 »

I love you Sakuya!

Oh Hermito!

I love you too!

THIS is the moment I waited for! Thank you Quantum! YOU WERE AWESOME.

Episode Details
 Data bugs are everywhere in the game...think back to before the last battle against Morganna in Quarantine. Orca-like player gets a cameo. Apparently there's an airship root town in R:X. Hermit is soo badass in this ep...he deletes a player and cuts a part of the airship's deck off, sending several players to their deaths. Apparently, you can jump off cliffs in this game and survive...as Sakuya demonstrates. Now, Hermit is talked about in the end...his actions have a lot to do with the end. Mary does wake up, as expected but her role is rather small. All in all, a VERY SATISFYING conclusion...and you know that gun cannon in the distance we saw in the G.U. games? They actually use it as a Data Drain cannon! I watched the episode without subtitles, so sorry if the spoilers aren't that revealing...it's unclear if Hermit is an AI or not. He's very Sora-like in this episode.
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Re: Ep 3 Screenshots! *SPOILERS these are real*

Post by azureeagle »

............three words.....what......the.....sundae
Shin Amakiir

Post by Shin Amakiir »

So I just saw this and oh my GODDDDDD.

Fangasms everywhere.  DAT EPITAPH, DAT CREST GUN, DAT SHE'S ACTUALLY AINA.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The airship isn't a root town, it's part of the event.

Shamrock is Pi, not Aina. Hence Tarvos.

Hermit is  a terminally ill Japanese-American who was put into cryogenic suspension but then his mind was removed to virtual prison (used to house prisoners serving lifetime sentences in 2022) so he could be used as a quantum computer. It's unclear specifically why, but an unknown mastermind put him into The World with the ability to manipulate data in order to further their own ends. The New Epitaph would lead us to believe this is the organization mama. But outside of that, all of the anomalies that happened in Quantum were caused by either his search for a donor or his subsequent tantrum.

Dunno how well this agrees with the fansub...
Shin Amakiir

Post by Shin Amakiir »

Wait... When did they say/show Tarvos?

Your spoiler is pretty much what the fansub came up with. I'm not sure what The New Epitaph is, though.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Epitaph of New Testament is an information book that came with the .hack//Link Zette Hour Pack. It details some background information behind the end of the .hack series. Mama is an organization mentioned in the book. Tarvos never physically appeared but Reiko still holds her character's Epitaph Data and stored it in Shamrock. Shamrock has the same Epitaph Patterns as Pi. (Episode 2 - 3)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Zettai houi = "Quarantine"

We see all anyone besides an epitaph user ever sees of Tarvos. The main character is a normal player, not Haseo, so the perspective is different. Just like when we played as Kite and couldn't see our own bracelet.
Shin Amakiir

Post by Shin Amakiir »

Oooooh now I get it. Thanks for clearing that up. :3