.hack//Mutation Email Guide

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Anime Striker

.hack//Mutation Email Guide

Post by Anime Striker »

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has done an email guide to Mutation? I've already tried looking on gameFAQS but got nothing for my troubles. If anyone has made one, it'll be most appreciated!
Kim_Hyral

Re: .hack//Mutation Email Guide

Post by Kim_Hyral »

Well, tell you trouble for us...
Maybe we can help!

But if you want a FAQ, the only place you can get it:
http://www.gamefaqs.com
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Anime Striker wrote:I've already tried looking on gameFAQS but got nothing for my troubles.
Kim_Hyral wrote:But if you want a FAQ, the only place you can get it:
http://www.gamefaqs.com
Yeah, i'm pretty sure he has been on GameFAQs before and found no useful information there ._. And he's right, i checked myself and there's no E-mail guide for Mutation.
And there are other sites in which to find videogame FAQs...but none of them would be able to help you in finding a .Hack//Mutation E-mail guide. Apparently there is only a E-mail FAQ for Infection...but not for the rest of the games D:

I'm not sure if anyone has made one yet, but apparently if someone has made it, it isn't here or in any of the possible sites to find it. Sorry D: ...But perhaps a few members could be interested in making one >3> lol
Anime Striker

Post by Anime Striker »

I would be most gracious if someone did. I would even help out on it if I can.
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

I got it wrong! Sorry =_="
If this is the case, I never see a FAQ about email guide from Mutation too.

and besides as Sorrow said, it's hard to someone make one.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kim_Hyral wrote:and besides as Sorrow said, it's hard to someone make one.
...And when did i say that? '8D
I just said that it doesn't seem like someone has made one yet, and if they have, then it's nowhere easy to find.
It's not really hard to make a E-mail FAQ, just time consuming...shouldn't take more than a week of playing and typing stuff for about 6-8 hours per day, assuming they do it alone. For someone to make it, they'd need to restart Mutation, "unlock" all characters, and each time an e-mail from a party member is received, save before replying to it and then save on a different file(s), typing down all of the e-mail contents, which answer led to each to which e-mail, and if it increased or decreased affection. Just a matter of restarting alot of times and keeping track of which e-mails and which answers you've done already.
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

TheSorrow wrote:
For someone to make it, they'd need to restart Mutation, "unlock" all characters, and each time an e-mail from a party member is received, save before replying to it and then save on a different file(s), typing down all of the e-mail contents, which answer led to each to which e-mail, and if it increased or decreased affection. Just a matter of restarting alot of times and keeping track of which e-mails and which answers you've done already.
Man... This is crazy!! o.O
It's so hard and very annoying giving your time to make that!
...and besides, imagine making for the 4 games? o.O
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kim_Hyral wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:
For someone to make it, they'd need to restart Mutation, "unlock" all characters, and each time an e-mail from a party member is received, save before replying to it and then save on a different file(s), typing down all of the e-mail contents, which answer led to each to which e-mail, and if it increased or decreased affection. Just a matter of restarting alot of times and keeping track of which e-mails and which answers you've done already.
Man... This is crazy!! o.O
It's so hard and very annoying giving your time to make that!
...and besides, imagine making for the 4 games? o.O
Nah, i don't think so XD I finished Mutation for the first time in just 3 days by playing around 8 hours per day, and i finished it completely in about 5 days total. And this is also considering that i spent ALOT of time just talking to players, reading the forums and news, and enjoying the story and gameplay overall. So, an average playthrough that doesn't get as distracted or side-tracked as me should be finished in less than 2 days, and if you're a skilled gamer with some experience and knowledge of the game, it shouldn't take more than 8 or even 6 hours (hell, Master ZED finished Infection in TWO hours XD). So yeah, knowing what you have to already, it isn't any hard, and it'll be more time-consuming to continously restart the game for the e-mail responses, rather than actually advance on the story.

Shouldn't be really hard or annoying to restart the 4 games either...but yeah, might be annoying if you do it ONLY to get the e-mail stuff for a FAQ. If i were to do it, for example, i wouldn't mind restarting the games and in less than a week i'd have finished them all already...but, i'd start hallucinating e-mails and responses and affection stuff and all; there are ALOT of e-mails and ALOT of possible responses that could easily affect one's sanity '8D lol
That's why i don't make FAQs. TOO MUCH INFORMATION to work with, and it's not like i'm even paid or something =3=
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

Ye, what did you say is true...
Completing the games is so much fun.
But making a FAQ (depending on the type it is), you have to pause all the time to write informations.

I mean, you may lose more time writing than playing I guess. =o
Anyway the IMOQ is my favorite games on the .hack serie =]
I even talked with hidora I wanted to make a FAQ of it!
But I gave up! u__u
Well, maybe soon...
TOO MUCH INFORMATION to work with, and it's not like i'm even paid or something
HeHe, I Agree! =D
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kim_Hyral wrote:Anyway the IMOQ is my favorite games on the .hack serie =]
I even talked with hidora I wanted to make a FAQ of it!
But I gave up! u__u
Well, maybe soon...
Well, if you ever a FAQ about IMOQ, how about you make an Email FAQ? :D People would be very happy to have one!!

And at least, it'd be ALOT EASIER than to make a, let's say Monsters FAQ. Because imagine yourself keeping a record of ALL monsters you've fought against, including Name, Level, HP, SP, perhaps even ATK or DEF stats, Element, Tolerance, Attacks, Location(s), Looks, Size (important for Virus Cores stuff), Dropped Items, Hits/Damage needed for Protect Break, Data Drain items, Data Drain status, and any Additional Information. And there are about 800 monsters, including ALL Bosses, Phases, Data Bugs (yes, they're DIFFERENT from their Normal counterparts), and unique enemies such as Goblins.
Yeah, when you see it that way, a FAQ about mere Emails and responses seems such an easy and simple thing, don't you think? XDD
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

TheSorrow wrote:Yeah, when you see it that way, a FAQ about mere Emails and responses seems such an easy and simple thing, don't you think?
To tell the truth... Yeah, you're completly right! :(
Anime Striker

Post by Anime Striker »

I would like to say thanks for the replies, and I have tried to make up a bit of it. But I still got a lot to do. In other words, I have done some of the game and did get the info for it to make it, but I haven't unlocked all the characters for Mutation yet. Still got a lot of work to do.
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

Me too =[
The Next time, I'll try unlock all characters in the games! =P
Burendo

Post by Burendo »

Well although I'm new here I wanted to say that I'm actually working on just what you guys are talking about the only problem so far is that:
BlackRose's Email " RE: I heard " has no affection boost for either choice but I'm pretty sure that only one choice continues the Email chain can someone help me out here?

Thanks,
B

Scratch that last comment looks like there was a requirement of 300 affection to get the Reply... I feel like a derp
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Burendo wrote:Scratch that last comment looks like there was a requirement of 300 affection to get the Reply... I feel like a derp
Well, i didn't know there was an "affection requirement" to get certain replies D: I thought it was just a matter of time or story events to get them.
If some replies can only be obtained after a certain level of affection, then that would make a FAQ even longer and more tedious to create. And i'm not sure how one would be able to control the affection...Maybe just giving enough gifts or something until the affection reaches the desired point? Because going to areas could either increase or decrease the affection, and by greatly-variable numbers for you to perfectly know just what was the level of affection needed for the reply.
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:If some replies can only be obtained after a certain level of affection, then that would make a FAQ even longer and more tedious to create.
Or maybe you could finish the game without replying any e-mails, get the highest affection you need and only then start replying? This would make things easier to control, I guess (though you would have to already know how much affection you need for each /hum).

Well, I'm not into making any guides for any games lately (kind of a combination of laziness and lack of free time), so I can't help on anything there :/
Kite

Post by Kite »

what does affection do in the game ? never noticed it
Burendo

Post by Burendo »

Affection deals with a number of things in the game how fast the characters respond to commands given for one. It also tends to be the way to unlock further replies in an email chain and as for the comment about knowing how much affection to reach for each email, that's actually pretty easy most affection requirements fall at a 50 mark i.e. 50,100,150,... That's not really the hard part the hard part is finding the right email to send if there isn't an affection boost attached to it, meaning you have to get the affection up play for a bit and find out if the reply is part of a story event or if it only requires a certain affection level. This is pretty easy to control as giving a gift can (if it's a good item) raise the affection by as much as 20 points also pay attention to your party members in the dungeons if they say something about the item you just picked up they probably want it, this is kinda hard with Mistral as she tends to want just about everything you pick up on the up side this means she raises affection fast.
hidora

Post by hidora »

Burendo wrote:also pay attention to your party members in the dungeons if they say something about the item you just picked up they probably want it, this is kinda hard with Mistral as she tends to want just about everything you pick up on the up side this means she raises affection fast.
Ok, this part I didn't know ._.
IMOQ feels more awesome now :D
Burendo

Post by Burendo »

Haven't really had much time to play recently but yeah. Your party members will usually request scrolls that you collect that they don't have an elemental skill of that type. Aside from that they'll also ask for items of armor that are better than what they have. Now there is something amusing about the item requests if you give one party member something the other will usually say something like you're lucky or something that says they feel left out so if you give one party member something it's advisable to give the other something as well. Note that if you trade them an armor upgrade will have to be manually swapped because they will not automatically swap it.