Maha died in SIGN, Phyllo died (for real) in Roots...Hermit?

A.R.T

Maha died in SIGN, Phyllo died (for real) in Roots...Hermit?

Post by A.R.T »

Will he die the same way? I was just thinking about that...I know Mia came back in the end, but she was killed TWICE! Phyllo died...and now our lovable Hermit, will he die the same way? I hope he doesn't....they seem to like killing off my few favorite anthros in this series anime anyway.
-Aeon-

Re: Maha died in SIGN, Phyllo died (for real) in Roots...Her

Post by -Aeon- »

A.R.T wrote:Will he die the same way? I was just thinking about that...I know Mia came back in the end, but she was killed TWICE! Phyllo died...and now our lovable Hermit, will he die the same way? I hope he doesn't....they seem to like killing off my few favorite anthros in this series anime anyway.
Tabby never died. :3

I don't think Hermit, or rather, anyone's going to die in this installement. It doesn't seem like Quantum's going to venture into that serious sector.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Was Phyllo a cat or a raccoon?
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

A....cat?
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Hermit made it to the third poster unharmed. Mary on the other hand screams the, remember me after my death background. Still we'll have to wait to the second ova to see what happens. I hope she's okay but that's not a smile on Sakuya's face. As for Phyllo he is an advance hybrid from the steam future, introducing the caccoon!!
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Anyone can die but Hermit. In fact, everyone can die but Hermit.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'm honestly more curious as to what Phyllo was than whether or not Hermit will die.

I like the caccoon idea.
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

I'm pretty sure he was just a cat, since he owned some irl. That's my theory.
(Phantom) Thief

Yeah it's a nice thought. Phyllo's character was taken from the Tu Tribe, which are based on small animals. Since his avatar lacks a mask our closest comparison is a fat cat. In the game beasts have the heads and tails of an animal. On another not did anyone else know R;2 had dogs? Also to be on topic, I still believe Hermit will be okay. (Though that might be pleasant denial.)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:On another not did anyone else know R;2 had dogs?
"Dogs" as in Sirius and Governor Tadashi? Or dogs as in actual, quadrupedal cute little animals that pant and run around? o-o

Back to Hermit and his possible "fate"...i really think something is going to happen to him. I'm not referring to anything bad or gruesome or anything like that, but something like maybe fading away into data after completing his mission, finding out some random truth and then leaving forever, being "assimilated" into perhaps some full form of whatever-it-came-from (under the assumption he has something to do with the Phases), something like that...more among the words of "becoming complete" or "becoming free" rather than dying.
I just don't think that by the end of Quantum, he'll be all happy and cuddly in the arms of Sakuya, or poking at fishies at a river with his little stick, or something "happy" like that :/ Not saying he won't have a happy ending for himself, but just not being the same kind of ending as the rest of the main characters.
(Phantom) Thief

I was actual thinking of Val near the end of .hack//GnU, whom for the life of me I cannot find a non fan picture of. As for Sirius, I always had the impression he was some sort of tall fox, but that's because I miss his tails and ears whenever I look at the artwork. I vaguely remember Governor Tadashi. That said suppose Hermit does disappear, how would it go following the normal line.

Vesper: Sacrificed self to defeat Cubia.
Macha: Sacrificed self to save Tsukasa
Mia: Destroyed for Maha
Mia (AIDA): Destroyed by Haseo
Mia (Twilight Knight): Destroyed by Geist
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

By that logic let's do things that start with T:
-Tsukasa
-Trommel
-Twilight Knights
-Tokuoka (almost)
-Tokio (trapped inside the game)
-Tsukune (Lios' helper)
-Tenrow

Now it looks like things that start with T all become lost ones. You can find a pattern in anything, and .hack has a lot of lost ones...
(Phantom) Thief

No, no, no you've totally forgot Taihaku, know what eat my Terajima. Also Tom would like a word with you. But yeah I got the point, connections can be made out of anything. Still it isn't a nice track record. And I'm still curious how it would go down in an if situation, sadly the possibilities are endless... Beh borderline spam, I'm out...
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

Terajima did become a lost one, even though it was only for like, 14 seconds. Remember in the end of Quarantine? ALL of Kite's assailants were Data Drained due to Morganna controlled Corebenik's Drain Heart.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...also, isn't her first name "Ryoko" in Western order? :P
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...also, isn't her first name "Ryoko" in Western order? :P
Thinking about it, nope. Even though that would be the case with her real name, her username in The World is "Terajima Ryoko" in that exact order, and we're referring to usernames here.
But either way and slightly going back on topic...Hermit's name doesn't start with "T" D8 lol

So in any case, we should be talking about Haseo...Helba...Harald...and Hotaru o-O lol
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:But either way and slightly going back on topic...Hermit's name doesn't start with "T" D8 lol
The T thing was just Kuukai proving his point that it's easy to find a pattern '-'
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

hidora wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:But either way and slightly going back on topic...Hermit's name doesn't start with "T" D8 lol
The T thing was just Kuukai proving his point that it's easy to find a pattern '-'
But it fails since he used the Twilight Knights as a whole while comparing it to other names, and "Tenrow" instead of Sirius ;( Also it hardly makes sense while the "AI pattern" is actually much more logical...given that, in the course of the .Hack series, most of the AIs have met with an "ending fate"....they've either been deleted, returned to data, or vanished somewhere very far away from contact with humans and other AIs. The only "surviving" AIs i can think of are the Azure Knights, and i think, AIKA. Net Slum residents are away enough already and nearly considered as "trash data", and i'm including Zefie in the "vanished away" list...unless LINK says otherwise but i don't care -3- lol
And if you want to find a pattern like that, go find a pattern with the characters whose names start with H >;( ...I DARE YOU >8(
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Well, if you weren't browsing in the spoiler thread of the game awhile ago Sorrow,
 AIKA sacrificed herself in the end by suicide bombing Aura.
So, as much as it saddens me, since she was sooo hot, she's gone for good I believe. T_T
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Well, if you weren't browsing in the spoiler thread of the game awhile ago Sorrow,
 AIKA sacrificed herself in the end by suicide bombing Aura.
So, as much as it saddens me, since she was sooo hot, she's gone for good I believe. T_T
 But didn't she somehow survive inside Saika's mind, like some benign AIDA-like tumor? D: Because i clearly remember hearing something like that, as an end-game thing D8
But oh well, in that case, it's one more AI that meets with a "terrible fate" and doesn't enjoy a happy ending alongside other players. Even less chances of Hermit being the exception and meeting an ending that doesn't involve being deleted, destroyed, or vanishing away ;(