How did you get into .hack//sign or hack series in general?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

|<!73

Re: How did you get into .hack//sign or hack series in gener

Post by |<!73 »

Doesn't seem to change does it? For me I started with .hack//SIGN when it premiered on Toomami, it seemed interesting but I never caught more than a few episodes. After that a commercial for the game came out and that's how I got hooked. Later on I watched the older sign on demand when the cable returned. Before then youtube was a mystery to me >.< and sometime between that I bought a SIGN dvd.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

|<!73 wrote:Doesn't seem to change does it? For me I started with .hack//SIGN when it premiered on Toomami, it seemed interesting but I never caught more than a few episodes. After that a commercial for the game came out and that's how I got hooked. Later on I watched the older sign on demand when the cable returned. Before then youtube was a mystery to me >.< and sometime between that I bought a SIGN dvd.
Lol I remember scouring Best Buy for box sets and found the whole SIGN collection, bought it right away. Only later I found out it didn't have the last episode where they show Kite in the anime and they all have a party :(
I didn't even know what youtube was back then. (Had a dinosaur for my first computer so nothing loaded fast lol)
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

CirilloPrimo wrote:
|<!73 wrote:Doesn't seem to change does it? For me I started with .hack//SIGN when it premiered on Toomami, it seemed interesting but I never caught more than a few episodes. After that a commercial for the game came out and that's how I got hooked. Later on I watched the older sign on demand when the cable returned. Before then youtube was a mystery to me >.< and sometime between that I bought a SIGN dvd.
Lol I remember scouring Best Buy for box sets and found the whole SIGN collection, bought it right away. Only later I found out it didn't have the last episode where they show Kite in the anime and they all have a party :(
I didn't even know what youtube was back then. (Had a dinosaur for my first computer so nothing loaded fast lol)
I had dial up when I first saw dothackers. I understand what you mean.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Well I actually first got Legend of the Twilight. I saw it are video store and thought it looked good. So I rented it and fell in love with it. When searching for Legend of the Twilight stuff, I came across Sign and Roots and was all like "Zomg! theres more!" and got addicted to it all.
The End.
Ciel's_Nightmare

Post by Ciel's_Nightmare »

I found the .hack series first through SIGN. However, I was too young and only started watching the series half-way through, so I was very lost as to what the plot in general was. Still, I thought it was interesting. It wasn't until I was in sixth grade that I really pursued the series (I had met a friend who was obsessed with the then-recent .hack games). And I've been hooked ever since!
Uberlisten

Post by Uberlisten »

Man.

It was waaaaaaaaay back when I was a kiddie.

I think I was watching Toonami this one time, and it came on.

I was hooked after that one episode, but shortly after wards I forgot about it, since we didn't have cable at the time.

A few years later I saw a game called ".hack//Infection" , I thought it looked cool, Played It and then learned of the series to this game, I thought to myself "haven't I seen this before?"

THEN I REMEMBERED, and then was hooked again.

Since then I've been a fanatic.
mewhaku

Post by mewhaku »

Well, I may have watched an episode of //sign at one point since I used to watch Toonami all the time, (and then I bought the Legend of Twilight manga. But it wasn't what made me love the series...) but I really got into the series when a good friend of mine lent me the first G.U. game last year. He said it was my type of series, and well... it was. XD I still need to go watch //sign though. It sounds really good.

He regrets that now since I like Endrance so much. Lol.
rockman0

Post by rockman0 »

I saw the episode on Toonami when everyone went through the Twilight Gate. Then, when I saw Tsukasa die, I had to see what happened next. Then, after finding out that it was actually an online game that the characters were playing, I grew even more interested because I had an interest in online games at the time.

For some reason, I stopped watching the series, I can't remember why. Then, years later, I bought the game, and here I am. I kind of wish I was a fan during the prime because it's hard to find other people who are still interested.
HKS_Nismo

Post by HKS_Nismo »

I remember seeing a very epic, action-packed trailer during 2006, where a man in black and red armor faced off against a dark looking figure who resembeled the original hero from the first four .hack games, who I now know were Haseo and Azure Flame Kite. I immediately took interest in it after researching the game's title, characters, and plot/story.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

It all started when I was watching animax when I saw the anime .hack//sign at first I thought tsukasa was a girl and after seeing the rest of the characters though "oh this must be another boring adventure fantasy anime" until I saw a scene with a computer and that the characters were talking about stuff that seemed out of place such as the internet and computer's, I buried the title into my mind and months later I found the LOTT manga which I enjoyed unlike its anime counterpart.
Grunty_Queen

Post by Grunty_Queen »

Well lets see, it all began when I was watching Cartoon network and the first episode of //sign came on. I was like "ah! new anime! gotta watch this shiz! Oh look a kitty with a floppy hat!" From that point on I watched every episode and at some point I said to myself "Man, I wish this was a video game.....WHA!? It is a video game!? gotta buy that shiz!" And now here I am 7 years later and I still love it! I am watching //sign again and i should be done with Outbreak soon (no im not slow at games I just now restarted playing it lol)
Trinian

Post by Trinian »

Back when I was into manga I picked up the first issue of Legend of the Twilight at the bookshop and fell in love.
I bought the next one after that and I watched the 'Twilight anime afterward. ^^ Eventually I got around to watching SIGN and buying the last 'Twilight book. And then I asked for Infection for my birthday, and it just kinda' carried on from there.
Azure Flame Knight

Post by Azure Flame Knight »

I saw an ad for Quarantine in an issue of Shonen Jump years ago. Looked it up on google and found G.U. Then pretty much went like: I came, I saw, I conquered... and then I fell in love with everything .hack. Almost have every piece of available merchandise.
CrestAkray

Post by CrestAkray »

My turn! =D

I found my addiction by accident, then from a push from my friend...well, I fell in love. I was in 7th grade had $20 dollars one day, and I went to my local game store. I found this awesome looking case, with the game entitled ".hack//g.u. vol.1 rebirth". Since i didn't want any other game, i bought it. Felt dissapointed when I read the instruction manual...but I didn't go to sleep that night. Later that week, I told a close friend about this kick @$$ game i bought. He said he had the first .hack// series, infection to quarantine. I found the first 3 for cheap, and i bought them. Played them, became addicted, and now im only missing .hack//g.u. the novel parts 2 & 3 from my almost complete collection.
AnubisGem

Post by AnubisGem »

Aaah!
I started watching .Hack//Sign because my older sister liked it. (:

However,
I rekindled my love for it a month ago, because of the beautiful soundtrack.
It's just so... incredible. I can't stop listening to it!!! <3.
Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

I think I have one of the weirder introductions...

It was back when the games were first coming out. We had recently gotten digital cable, and since by then most of my friends had moved away and I was spending most of my time inside, I would spend days watching G4 (you know, back when it was actually about games). One of the little promotional commercials they had for the channel was Kite performing the Data Drain animation on the G4 logo, and I thought it looked pretty cool so I asked my mom for the game. I got the first two, and then my attention span pulled me away to something else. So recently I was looking through my old PS2 games again and saw part 1 and 2 and decided to wiki it up to figure out what happened with the story. I read about the plot of SIGN, saw the good reviews it got, and decided to check it out...and here I am, all because of a commercial whose only relation to the game was a cool animation sequence. :P
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

Toonami and lots of Cable. nuff said.
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

azureeagle wrote:Toonami and lots of Cable. nuff said.
Toonami brought me .hack//SIGN. Browsing around GameStop brought me .hack//Infection. After that, it was just a matter of following the line. Waiting for the next bit of the story to come out. Once your infected your kinda just infected ya know?
databug

Post by databug »

for me it was by pure fluke i was DL'ing an episode of a gundam fan sub and it turned out to be the first episode of Sign, after that i waited till madman New Zealand released it on dvd and watched it in english (new zealand has no anime on tv unless it is lame U-Gay-oh) any who after that i managed to get my hands on ai buster and was hooked from there on in. i am even thinking of getting a tattoo of kite doing a data drain around my arm! (i think i might have the .hack//infection) ;)

Break-------
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

Hehe, I was thinking of getting the bracelet tattooed on my wrist. Not the one from LotB, but Kites. Maybe even the broken version.