Is the anime worth watching?

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Tack

Is the anime worth watching?

Post by Tack »

It's a different storyline then the manga, yes. But even so is it worth watching?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Post by TheSorrow »

Yes if you want to see funny animated scenes, silly-looking drawings, and Ouka's bouncing boobs. And also if you want to have a few laughs without really caring about what's happening in the story. Otherwise, no.

It's seriously just for laughs and for watching something to pass the time on, and maybe to later claim you've indeed watched all the .Hack anime series so far. Nothing to "learn" about it, or let your mind think about what's going on and figure out how it connects with the other series.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's also repetitive and full of plot holes, so if you can get past that, go for it, I guess. The manga is what's "canonical" to the .hack saga, so you're not really missing anything if you haven't seen it yet.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Only if you

1. Are a completionist.

2. Have horrible taste in anime.

3. Want to understand why most people cringe at it.

Edit: V I do love Emerald Green.
Last edited by Tolby on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Uhhh... Emerald Green's a good song.

Well, in seriousness, it has a lot of extra characters, and it does tell another story. If you need more .hack, it's a place to look, and at least it doesn't have a dinosaur. Interestingly enough Morti, the token AI, is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto, who voices Aura and Cubia.
sun king

Post by sun king »

Uh to me maybe it might be as useless as a pea shooter in a gun fight
Sign: FAMAS
G.U: M60
Legend of the twilight: pea shooter
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

The story is similar the manga only up to the Tanabata event. Even though the Mori story is interesting... I personally don't like the change. Also, Kamui's voice actor sounds too manly in the dub, though that may not matter.
coslink

Post by coslink »

Just be sure to put up with:
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA
REENNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And don't exect an emotional or toughing anime like SIGN,

.hack//LOTT is short and colourful, with a, rather non impacting to the .hack//saga storyline, feel to it.
-A-

Post by -A- »

coslink wrote:Just be sure to put up with:

.hack//LOTT is short and colourful, with a, rather non impacting to the .hack//saga storyline, feel to it.

hell yesh anime is worth watching without .hack//SIGN i wouldnt be where i am today...
a .hack fan thats what got me started with anime
hidora

Post by hidora »

-A- wrote:

hell yesh anime is worth watching without .hack//SIGN i wouldnt be where i am today...
Dude, the question was if the LotT anime is worth watching, not Sign =P
-A-

Post by -A- »

hidora wrote:
-A- wrote:

Dude, the question was if the LotT anime is worth watching, not Sign =P

uhhhh well i didnt like the first 3 ep's but it got better after a while so yea ill watch it anyday now but i got 2 of the DvD's
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I personally hate it due to how inconsistent it was with the manga, so I guess its NOT worth watching. :p
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

This one is clearly the greatest of the .hack// anime and you should definitely watch it. I mean just look at it. Look at it.

If that doesn't just scream quality then I don't know what does. You're going to love this show, especially if you've already seen .hack//SIGN.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

S1lentOp wrote:This one is clearly the greatest of the .hack// anime and you should definitely watch it. I mean just look at it. Look at it.

If that doesn't just scream quality then I don't know what does. You're going to love this show, especially if you've already seen .hack//SIGN.
(sigh) I really do hate it because the story is nil and I think they just gave shugo a sister complex just to spice things up and that sounds totally gross, plus I dont like the ending theme emerald green either, flowing destiny from Z.O.E sounds way better than it, and just by looking at it I conclude that IT WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS .HACK//SIGN. :p
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Kaori wrote:I think they just gave shugo a sister complex just to spice things up
I'm surprised it took this long before someone mentioned that.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

N3IWVC wrote:
Kaori wrote:I think they just gave shugo a sister complex just to spice things up
Wasnt it obvious already? It's probably the distance from their parents that lead them to having a rather unhealthy attachment to each other, plus I think Twincest is gross.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Kaori wrote:
N3IWVC wrote:
Wasnt it obvious already? It's probably the distance from their parents that lead them to having a rather unhealthy attachment to each other, plus I think Twincest is gross.
Yes it was obvious. That's why I was surprised it took this long. I was going to post about it myself some time ago but felt it'd be more interesting to see how long before someone else does.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

N3IWVC wrote:
Kaori wrote:
N3IWVC wrote:
Yes it was obvious. That's why I was surprised it took this long. I was going to post about it myself some time ago but felt it'd be more interesting to see how long before someone else does.
Gee could've saved me the time of posting it then, even after I watched the end the show left me feeling emptier than a corpse.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

For the record, Emerald Green is probably the only thing in the entire show actually created by someone who worked on any other .hack, and in this case it was even Yuki Kajiura.

Oh wait, I think Sanjuro's voice might be the same voiceactor. But otherwise, I'm pretty sure that's it. The writing, character designs, etc., were all indirectly connected to the manga and done by new people.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Kuukai wrote:For the record, Emerald Green is probably the only thing in the entire show actually created by someone who worked on any other .hack, and in this case it was even Yuki Kajiura.

Oh wait, I think Sanjuro's voice might be the same voiceactor. But otherwise, I'm pretty sure that's it. The writing, character designs, etc., were all indirectly connected to the manga and done by new people.
I still dont like emerald green, and BTW what is hotaru's real gender?! Thats a mystery thats been making my head hurt for a long time already!