What If They Remade IMOQ for PS3, PSP, or PSP2?

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

-A-

Re: What If They Remade IMOQ for PS3, PSP, or PSP2?

Post by -A- »

CirilloPrimo wrote:
-A- wrote:
CirilloPrimo wrote:Idk if someone suggested this topic already years ago but,
What're your opinions if they remade IMOQ for the PS3, PSP, or the rumored PSP2 yet to be released or announced?
Basically IMPQ remake would have GU graphics and some other bonus features etc
PS3- Not likely but who knows...
PSP- Once 3DS is out PSP=Dead in sales
PSP2- Could be but there's no info about that platform yet sooo....
Heck this topic probably means nothing since LINK is the last game (but do remakes count?)
What are all your thoughts about this topic?

i would love to have IMOQ for the PSP >WITH< same jobs/class events for job advancement ummm the same battle system the exp could go anyway through the four games we didnt have rengiki but makes it easier to lv up so should it be added or jsut eep it orginal :o?
IDK about it on the psp... Like I said in the beginning, once the 3DS is out psp will be dust in the wind.
It could be like the last gem of the platform I suppose, Like persona 4 was the last good game for PS2 IMO
I think they should keep it original. Rengeki's were fun and all but it wouldn't look well with IMOQ's gameplay.

i just happened to get a mint condiction version of persona 4 today for 34.99 pre-owned no scrathes or anything with book no damage :D
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

-A- wrote:
CirilloPrimo wrote:
-A- wrote:
CirilloPrimo wrote:Idk if someone suggested this topic already years ago but,
What're your opinions if they remade IMOQ for the PS3, PSP, or the rumored PSP2 yet to be released or announced?
Basically IMPQ remake would have GU graphics and some other bonus features etc
PS3- Not likely but who knows...
PSP- Once 3DS is out PSP=Dead in sales
PSP2- Could be but there's no info about that platform yet sooo....
Heck this topic probably means nothing since LINK is the last game (but do remakes count?)
What are all your thoughts about this topic?

i would love to have IMOQ for the PSP >WITH< same jobs/class events for job advancement ummm the same battle system the exp could go anyway through the four games we didnt have rengiki but makes it easier to lv up so should it be added or jsut eep it orginal :o?
IDK about it on the psp... Like I said in the beginning, once the 3DS is out psp will be dust in the wind.
It could be like the last gem of the platform I suppose, Like persona 4 was the last good game for PS2 IMO
I think they should keep it original. Rengeki's were fun and all but it wouldn't look well with IMOQ's gameplay.

i just happened to get a mint condiction version of persona 4 today for 34.99 pre-owned no scrathes or anything with book no damage :D
Have fun playing! :D
I thought about something they should add,
I could see awakenings from GU in there but not beast or magic,
I wanna see Kite pwn SKeith with that blue twin blade attack lol
Or an all party attack, like a trinity combo, requires certain
party members to use.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

All I want is for CC2 to just give us IMOQ with updated graphics, and let us play parody mode, if this were to be remade for PS3, much like the Sly Cooper series or the God of War Collection.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

hidora wrote:Do not even joke about this. NO ONE needs a story boss battle being a lucky/speed based guide dangit >_<
...Why not? Freaking hardest and insanest RPG for the PS3/PS4 FTW? So much hard that it makes everyone RAGEQUIT and me to regret the very first day in which i ever thought of adding such difficult, while about to reply the same dungeon for the 70th time? 8DDD lol
Plus we already have a very luck-based dungeon anyways >3> lol

But yeah, what i was saying was to make the game way harder than usual, for IMOQ overall was so freaking easy even to level up (go play FF4 to see what it TRULY means to spend hours going up a single level...in Quarantine you just spend around 20-30 min to go from lv98 to 99), and if you ask me directly just how hard i'd want the game to be...yeah, i'd want it SERIOUSLY INSANE. But yeah, adding a difficulty setting wouldn't be bad at all, in fact it would be great, and even though i'm wishing for "Kite Must Die" difficult, i would be thankful enough with just a difficult similar to DMC4 Son of Sparda's difficult, God of War 3's Titan Difficult, Uncharted 2's Crushing Mode, etc...not so hard and easy to finish once you know how...but still, you'll easily die if you're careless or if you think merely choosing random skills will allow you to win. Making you think alot and be prepared for anything anytime...and yet, not being so hard it's impossible to beat it without huge amounts of luck. I'd like that 8D

And agreed too that skills need shortcuts, to make the game faster and avoid having to enter to the menu all the time, R1 could work along with any 4 buttons just like GU, just no shockwave, no invinciblity, no pause even, no nothing, just a shortcut for the exact same skill you'd choose from the menu with the exact same effects. However, The Bracelet's double-casting stays. Hey, it's the freaking hardest monster in the game, leave it alone!!! >3> To make it fair enough...make him give you 200-300EXP at lv98. And simply learn to not solo the thing, only sadomasochist pros do that ~3~ lol
CirilloPrimo wrote:I thought about something they should add,
I could see awakenings from GU in there but not beast or magic,
I wanna see Kite pwn SKeith with that blue twin blade attack lol
Or an all party attack, like a trinity combo, requires certain
party members to use.
That's pretty much what i was saying with the "Combo Attacks" i mentioned before XD They aren't Awakenings exactly, but simply skills done by more than one party member at once, with very great animations, great damage, and the enemies can't stop it once they're hit. If you've ever played Chrono Trigger, i'm sorta taking the idea from their Double/Triple Techs...yep, you could use some for even healing yourself as well. However, they'd cost more SP than the normal attacks, and will be harder to do overall (to avoid spammage of them)...so you should really know when and how to use them, and when it's better to do them or better to attack individually.
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:
hidora wrote:Do not even joke about this. NO ONE needs a story boss battle being a lucky/speed based guide dangit >_<
...Why not? Freaking hardest and insanest RPG for the PS3/PS4 FTW? So much hard that it makes everyone RAGEQUIT and me to regret the very first day in which i ever thought of adding such difficult, while about to reply the same dungeon for the 70th time? 8DDD lol
Why don't you play Devil Summoner on hard mode, then? You'll regret wishing this as soon as you exit the tutorial xD
TheSorrow wrote:Plus we already have a very luck-based dungeon anyways >3> lol
Yes, but the dungeon isn't as lucky based as Demi-Fiend's battle. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. It took me more than 20 tries with all characters at Lv99 with max stats and all skills learned to beat that guy D:
TheSorrow wrote:But yeah, what i was saying was to make the game way harder than usual, for IMOQ overall was so freaking easy even to level up (go play FF4 to see what it TRULY means to spend hours going up a single level...in Quarantine you just spend around 20-30 min to go from lv98 to 99)
I have played it (though it's been more than 5 years since then xD), and I do know what you're talking about >_>
Though I loved to powerlevel at the time (after beating FF4 I went to playing FF8 and got to Lv100 on Disc 2 xD).
TheSorrow wrote:not so hard and easy to finish once you know how...but still, you'll easily die if you're careless or if you think merely choosing random skills will allow you to win. Making you think alot and be prepared for anything anytime...and yet, not being so hard it's impossible to beat it without huge amounts of luck. I'd like that 8D
Which means that you'd want something like SMT:Nocturne's Hard Mode =P

If you're careless, you'll get your butt kicked as soon as you defeat the first boss and leave to the World Map. Of course, this is assuming you'd pass the first boss, since you need to fight it before going to the World Map anyway (killing the first boss is easy if you use the electric attack from that pixie you just got halfway on the same dungeon, but most people would think she'd be more useful healing, when YOU should be healing while she hits the boss).

An example of this are the demons called Zhen that appear as soon as you get to the world map. They appear on groups of 6 and spam wind skills. And guess what's your weakness if you equip the magatama you just got from the boss? Yep, you guessed right, it's wind (btw, if they hit your weakness, it means one extra turn for them).

Also, if Demi-Fiend (the main character) dies, it's game over, no matter if you have allies with revive skills, and Demi-Fiend is the only one who can use items and summon allies (which means that if you don't have an ally with revive skills, you'll need to spend 2 turns of the Demi-Fiend to bring someone back).

Also, buffs/debuffs are totally worth using on this game. It can be the difference between victory and epic fail.
TheSorrow wrote:And simply learn to not solo the thing, only sadomasochist pros do that ~3~ lol
I had been soloing since the beginning of Mutation, why wouldn't I solo The Bracelet? u_u
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I found leveling up in QUARANTINE rather hellish... was I seriously the only one? >_>

I don't really like difficult games that much...
hidora

Post by hidora »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I found leveling up in QUARANTINE rather hellish... was I seriously the only one? >_>
Leveling on lots of games is much harder than on Quarantine. It did get annoying to kill The Bracelet again and again to get to Lv99, but it wasn't THAT hard nor THAT long.
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I don't really like difficult games that much...
Most causal players don't. It's just that hardcore players like me and TheSorrow love hard-as-hell games xD

And that's why adding a difficult setting would be good.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

The Bracelet isn't the problem. It's leveling up before you can encounter it.

In other words, I hate liches. That's all.

Also, G.U. was too easy for me.
hidora

Post by hidora »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:The Bracelet isn't the problem. It's leveling up before you can encounter it.
You don't need to level that much before encountering it. I mean, I didn't even went into leveling before finishing the game. In fact, I avoided as battles as possible before that '-'
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:In other words, I hate liches. That's all.
We all hate liches =P
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Also, G.U. was too easy for me.
I think G.U. was the easiest RPG I've ever played >_>
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

You know something's easy if it's too easy for me. I love easy games and all, but SOME challenge would be nice (and it would probably also make the game more popular overall, which is good for me because haseato <3 but that's not related to the current subject so I'll shut up).

I'd say, God Eater hard the entire game would be good. Of course, that's only from my perspective. It's hard, but not too hard, and it's still fun in spite of said difficulty.
hidora

Post by hidora »

What made G.U. so freaking easy were the Skill Trigger and the Awakenings. Even God Eater is a piece of cake if you use these correctly. Take these and you might have a game with more or less of a decent challenge for most casual players.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...G.U. with no Awakenings or Skill Trigger.

I... actually kinda like that. I mean, I loved the Skill Trigger and all, but it does kind of make the game a bit monotonous. XD

Of course, you CAN do that legitimately... you just have to sacrifice Rengeki (which I love).
Azure Kite

Post by Azure Kite »

You could try playing through no skills or awakenings, lowest level possible, and solo whenever it allows, that could bring a decent challenge. 8)
hidora

Post by hidora »

Azure Kite wrote:and solo whenever it allows
You could let your allies be killed at a battle as soon as you enter the area. That's what I did to solo a great part of IMOQ =P
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I don't want it to be TOO hard. I'll obviously have limitations.

No customization might help too...
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I don't want it to be TOO hard. I'll obviously have limitations.

No customization might help too...
Keep Haseo's default equipment.
I personally love love love the super hard difficulties on my
SMT games :mrgreen:
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Scythe Shouxiao!

But no, the Spin Gai Gu would make most of Volume 1 too hard... and I hate rapid-attack broadswords...

I think we've gone way too off topic here... XD
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

True, however we are conversing about "if" they remade IMOQ, were to add a difficulty setting we're talking about what difficulties would be proper and challenging to all players.
A super easy level where you literally fly by dungeons
or the mega-super-special-awesome death defying hard difficulty lol
They should add a difficulty setting for a remake
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Like Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo. They have Casual mode for people who want it easy, and Reverse mode for people who want it hard.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

Or all the modes on Devil may Cry xD
Agreed it's getting off topic, will post more ideas for the remake tomorrow lolz