What If They Remade IMOQ for PS3, PSP, or PSP2?

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

_Tri-edge_

Re: What If They Remade IMOQ for PS3, PSP, or PSP2?

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Hey, I just said it needs to be faster-paced >_>

The micromanaging aspect of IMOQ was a bit annoying imo, but I'm lazy so that makes sense >_<

Although, I like the ideas you listed... like I said, faster-paced.
Have you seen everyone with a speed charm on 'em during a battle? If that's not fast paced, I don't know what is. lol
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Attacks are still sluggish and gameplay in general is really boring.

The reason I said "more G.U.-like" is because IMOQ is too slow-paced for me to like. I didn't mean, like, Awakenings and Rengeki and all that (even I'd have to admit that'd probably ruin IMOQ).
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

That didn't make the game fast paced. It just made it flashy.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Er, IMOQ was slower than G.U. There's really no way around that. I prefer faster-paced games.

That's just my opinion, and you're entitled to yours as well, but I don't think that saying G.U. just made things "flashier" is entirely true. (It's partially true, yes, but not entirely.)
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

IMOQ always seems more fast paced when playing to me. Micromanaging accurately, quickly and efficiently for the win.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Tolby wrote:IMOQ always seems more fast paced when playing to me. Micromanaging accurately, quickly and efficiently for the win.
Agreed. G.U. didn't really require "thinking". As far as which series was faster? I'm telling ya. Speed charms made battles seem much faster than in G.U.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I don't really get where you're getting "IMOQ was faster" from, but eh :\
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I think the word you're looking for is "action-paced", rather than "faster-paced"...Because if you mention the fast pacing, you'll get into an endless debate about it as it has already happened >->; Truth is, both games are just as fast-paced, and while it overall took a longer time to defeat enemies in IMOQ, GU had longer animations for skills, and you had to go through the starting/ending sequences during every battle (which you can't compare to the magic portals animations)...and yeah, while you can use Speed Charms in IMOQ to make battles and movement overall alot faster...you can as well equip Haseo with Gudo and Funbolt Oils and then use Lapu Do and have a speed boost even better than what Kite would have. Yeah, be a pro at elemental skills and micromanaging and you can take down crabs and hydras in IMOQ in just 5 seconds...but good luck taking down several Liches, Data Bugs, and the Phases in merely less than a minute, while even the strongest GU enemies can be taken down in 20 seconds EVEN at low level...so yeah. Both games can be so slow they're boring as well as they can be so fast you'll miss everything if you blink.

NOW...Action-paced, that's something else, and it's all about the flashy skills and doing combos. If you were to time them, attacking as Kite with X-X-X-Spinning skill, and then attacking as Haseo with X-X-X-R1-Skill (non-lv3 to make it fair), Kite's attack would be FASTER...but yeah, in the eyes of the average person/gamer, Kite's would be boring and Haseo's would be better and more active. And that's because in the average battle, with Haseo you're all "Oh great, flying enemies!! Gotta pwn them with some cool scythe combo imma make!", and with Kite you're all "Great, those flying things, gotta do this attack quickly so i don't waste much time and i save enough SP for the rest". Don't get me wrong of course, i LOVED IMOQ's style and i didn't mind doing that constant micromanaging, in fact i greatly enjoyed it, and i would get creative with it, while i considered GU's skill system as boring, easy and cheap...however, i'm talking in a neutral view this time...the neutral view that admits IMOQ wasn't as entertaining to play as GU, no matter how much i'd rather play IMOQ than GU.

And how you could fix that slow-action pacing, while still being pleasent to us fans who loved such micromanaging style? Add combo attacks and better-looking skills. Don't worry, you'll still be able to kill your crab in 5 seconds in the same "expert" way, but the rest of the people will have much more fun defeating them even if it takes minutes, having far more attacks to choose from, far more skills to use, more eye-catching things to do even if they make you spend as much time as you would in the original games...and hey, with all those new attacks and combos, maybe you'll defeat the crab in 3 seconds, or in 8 but it'll be far more amusing even to you!! :D

So, yep...not fast-paced indeed, but action-paced indeed, and you can add that to IMOQ, without turning it into GU and still maintaining the MMO sense and the overall feeling IMOQ would give to you :P Better for all people who found the gameplay somewhat boring and tedious, and even for us who really enjoyed such style anyhow. If i'm just going to poke Tarvos for like 5 minutes anyhow, might as well do some epic poking with combo skills XD
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

TheSorrow, I swear every other post of yours is like a mini-essay. It assaults my lazy senses. P:

But I pretty much agree. And stuff.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

TheSorrow wrote:While i agree with the idea of a IMOQ remake, i actually disagree with most of the ideas you're giving.

GU's graphics? I'd say no, for the mere reason that GU's graphics are actually "outdated" to this point. Yes, a remake must obviously game improved graphics, but they don't have to copy another graphic's games to achieve that. With the current technology, i'm more than sure that a IMOQ remake can easily be made with graphics far better than GU's...the simple idea of seeing Skeith with graphics at the level of God of War 3 or FF13 is orgasmic enough. So yeah, improve the graphics of course, as that's sometimes the most important thing to do in a remake...but, don't copy GU's, keep the IMOQ style and simply use technology to make it far better-looking.

Different gameplay/GU's gameplay? HELL NO. IMOQ was the series it was also because of it's MMO-like gameplay, and though it was freaking easy overall, i really enjoyed it...not for the gameplay itself, but for the feeling it gave to you. If you're gonna change the gameplay and make it GU-like you might as well make a new SIGN series and make it Naruto/Bleach-action-paced >_> The aspects of gameplay, particularly the way you fight monsters, the way the areas are set up, the micromanaging between your party members, and the way skills and attacks are used MUST stay....else you're just making a whole new game with the characters and story of an existing game. No one except a few crazy fans would want Kite doing Skill Triggers and Rengekis and Awakenings and all while being surrounded by a cylinder DX

I'll admit though, IMOQ can get quite boring and repetitive at points, and although i personally didn't mind that (since indeed...MMO's consist of doing the very same actions a million of times, and it's only fun because you do it with others), several people do complain about it...so alright, improve the attacks and add flashy skills. Make it so that Kite does different combo attacks, like X-X-X-X is one combo, X-X-Pause-X is another, X-X-Hold X another, etc. Give a wider range of skills, and make some skills able to be used together with the skills of other characters...or even combo skills, like if Kite and Balmung are together and close enough, you can choose as either Kite or Balmung to do an unique skill and they'll do it together...you could even have the camera focus on them as they jump and do stuff...would be similar to Rengekis but different and more fitting for IMOQ, and will make battles far more entertaining and less tedious since you could be much more creative with them. And though i don't like this idea...you could even have some "preset actions" for your party members...so that if they are against some sort of elemental enemy, they'll automaticly use an elemental skill they have, or automaticly heal themselves, or use certain items depending on their conditions. I don't like that because it makes it too "automatic"...But oh well, in the end it would be optional, and it would be great for all those people who hate having to micromanage and set up every action to do with everyone, making it easier and less frustrating for long chain of battles.

As of the difficult of enemies and all...well, i could throw out a whole ramble in here saying that i want a Skeith of pretty much the difficult of FF9 Ozma, and a Cubia last battle/Corbenik a bit harder than those Satan and Demi-Fiend thingies from SMT...but that's just me and my sado-masochist gaming mind of wanting a REAL BADASS challenge this time XD (I mean...you're against "monsters" that aren't supposed to exist in the game and go far beyond the boundaries!! You just can't HOPE to defeat them no matter your level and attacks, even with that spiffy book and that pretty bracelet!! D8) So...all i could really ask for is for a smart enough AI, both for the enemies and your team, and be nice enough and say to decrease the Infection level rate, or even add items that decrease it...if anything, to make the last dungeons more of a challenge of skill than a challenge of luck.

So, those are my ideas for a remake...and if they were like that, or close enough, i'd be very excited and content about it, and would view it as both a great and fitting remake of the series, as well as a darn good game on it's own :P As of the console this would be for...i actually think it would be best for a PS4, or for the next, non-portable Sony console. I think it's too early for making it on the PS3, and i don't see this all happening on a portable console.
I swear, if the creators look at this forum and decide to go through with the project.
You need to be put in charge of it's production lol
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Mm, I wonder if it's just because I don't like the micromanaging thing. I'm usually not one for tactics (ironic that strategy games are among my favorite genres).

Besides, I like G.U.'s Tales-on-crack gameplay... XD
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Mm, I wonder if it's just because I don't like the micromanaging thing. I'm usually not one for tactics (ironic that strategy games are among my favorite genres).

Besides, I like G.U.'s Tales-on-crack gameplay... XD
I agree with you lol
I enjoy fast paced actions in games (ex: DMC, KH, Devil Summoner 2, TWEWY etc), but I'm always catching myself playing Persona games, Disgaea 3, and other stuff most times xD
hidora

Post by hidora »

If they'd do a remake, I'd want these changes:
  • Better english voice-acting. Aigis on her original state as a robot on Persona 3 sounds more human than some characters here >_>
  • No fleshwall dungeons. I. HATE. THOSE. DUNGEONS.
  • For the love of God, no more double spell-casting for The Bracelet >_<
  • Better graphics.
  • Beter camera control.
  • Shortcuts for skills. Every MMORPG I've seen has these, so why not add it? xD
TheSorrow wrote:and a Cubia last battle/Corbenik a bit harder than those Satan and Demi-Fiend thingies from SMT
Do not even joke about this. NO ONE needs a story boss battle being a lucky/speed based guide dangit >_<

If you want the boss battles to be like that, why not add the difficulty of Devil Summoner's Hard Mode, where you can get OHKO-ed by the WEAKEST monster in the whole game?!

Just so you get an idea:
- Demi-Fiend is a lucky based guide dangit battle where his minions can FREAKING FULL HEAL HIM if you let them live enough (and they respawn endlessly). And if it wasn't enough, Demi-Fiend has a f*cking high crit ratio. And since a crit means you get an extra turn, he gets the chance to crit you again. Also, if you have any null/repel/drain skills for any element/status effect (except for Null Sleep), he kills you with his 9999 damage Almighty skill. Not to mention that he's resistant to ALL elements aside for Shot (you can't use skills if you're on human form, so you probably won't be using this), Earth and Almighty, but he isn't weak against these either.

- Satan is a speed based (and kinda luck based) guide dangit battle where he kills you if you haven't used all 4 types of debuffs on him 4 times each every 4 rounds (IIRC). Also, at the beggining of the battle he cancels out every resist properties you have and start spaming skills to hit your weaknesses and gain extra turns.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I had a feeling that Sorrow was saying "make the game freaking impossible" just by the fact that he was referencing a SMT game. IMOQ is hard enough already, imo. >_<

Sure, Cubia and Corbenik weren't all that tough compared to the game itself, but no need to make them SMT hard...
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I had a feeling that Sorrow was saying "make the game freaking impossible" just by the fact that he was referencing a SMT game. IMOQ is hard enough already, imo. >_<

Sure, Cubia and Corbenik weren't all that tough compared to the game itself, but no need to make them SMT hard...
Perhaps they should add a difficulty setting in the game.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Fire Emblem 12 Reverse Mode difficulty, maybe?
hidora

Post by hidora »

CirilloPrimo wrote:
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I had a feeling that Sorrow was saying "make the game freaking impossible" just by the fact that he was referencing a SMT game. IMOQ is hard enough already, imo. >_<

Perhaps they should add a difficulty setting in the game.
Not being like DMC's Dante Must Die, or Devil Summoner's Hard Mode, I'd like it. Something like Nocturne's Hard mode would be pretty good IMO.
-A-

Post by -A- »

CirilloPrimo wrote:Idk if someone suggested this topic already years ago but,
What're your opinions if they remade IMOQ for the PS3, PSP, or the rumored PSP2 yet to be released or announced?
Basically IMPQ remake would have GU graphics and some other bonus features etc
PS3- Not likely but who knows...
PSP- Once 3DS is out PSP=Dead in sales
PSP2- Could be but there's no info about that platform yet sooo....
Heck this topic probably means nothing since LINK is the last game (but do remakes count?)
What are all your thoughts about this topic?

i would love to have IMOQ for the PSP >WITH< same jobs/class events for job advancement ummm the same battle system the exp could go anyway through the four games we didnt have rengiki but makes it easier to lv up so should it be added or jsut eep it orginal :o?
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

-A- wrote:
CirilloPrimo wrote:Idk if someone suggested this topic already years ago but,
What're your opinions if they remade IMOQ for the PS3, PSP, or the rumored PSP2 yet to be released or announced?
Basically IMPQ remake would have GU graphics and some other bonus features etc
PS3- Not likely but who knows...
PSP- Once 3DS is out PSP=Dead in sales
PSP2- Could be but there's no info about that platform yet sooo....
Heck this topic probably means nothing since LINK is the last game (but do remakes count?)
What are all your thoughts about this topic?

i would love to have IMOQ for the PSP >WITH< same jobs/class events for job advancement ummm the same battle system the exp could go anyway through the four games we didnt have rengiki but makes it easier to lv up so should it be added or jsut eep it orginal :o?
IDK about it on the psp... Like I said in the beginning, once the 3DS is out psp will be dust in the wind.
It could be like the last gem of the platform I suppose, Like persona 4 was the last good game for PS2 IMO
I think they should keep it original. Rengeki's were fun and all but it wouldn't look well with IMOQ's gameplay.
Azure Kite

Post by Azure Kite »

I love the idea, and they can combine all four games into one.

Looking at Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, and imagine those graphics for IMOQ.