Why Did Cyber Connect ends it now???

Mor-Rioghain

Re: Why Did Cyber Connect ends it now???

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

A blatant contradiction does not make for a good discussion; in fact, it makes for an argument...or is that your intention? With 8k posts I'd certainly hope not. I like to think those that have been around the longest represent a forum, but you're not doing a particularly good job. Is that how you respond to a new-comer who has posted something at leangth to add to the discussion, knocking them down like that? I think there's a lot to be said about courtesy and manners. You may need to set your priorities straight, "Aura".

Please expand your points. Although I might suggest you actually read what I posted, because I feel you did not.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, I don't really care. We've all seen stuff regarding .hack MMOs and it never works and no one likes hearing about it anymore. And frankly, it's not my fault if your idea is unoriginal and repetitive, but responding with a butthurt, offended post to try and insult me negates any obligation I may have had towards being courteous to you.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

If it gets too feisty just ask a moderate to handle it. But on the post. I do agree with AT, (uncomfortable) it didn't seem that enlightening. And that's okay. From what I understand, you believe in essence in order for a good mmo to succeed it should focus more on storyline, character interaction and battle tactics. And that probably true. However its also obvious and so is everything else someone could say. You already know my counter argument right. Let's say you added x, that's good right. But then you also asked to take out y. But that right there:
Mor-Rioghain wrote:Perhaps get rid of your characters ''level'' and instead have a total accumulated experience listed in your character window with other players cant see. (ie. ''12343145345.23456124356834" etc"
Is in no means that appealing. Yes an MMO could gain from a more RPG related element, but repetitive as I'm about to be taking out elements (like equipment, defeating monsters, shops ) isn't much better. But then again I just wasted a post didn't I? (Rhetorical)
Mor-Rioghain

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

Yes you did, I couldn't make heads nor tails of what you meant to get across in that post. None of the responses yet prompt debate. How long must I wait until the intelligent users of this forum arrive, or is this it?
Yea, I don't really care.
You obviously do care, you would not of replied if you didn't.
We've all seen stuff regarding .hack MMOs and it never works and no one likes hearing about it anymore.
I don't quite understand what you mean when you say it never works; a .Hack MMO has never been produced. No, you don't like to hear it anymore. You don't represent anyone, make no mistake. Anything and everything is always up for talk. I'm very curious as for the reason you are avoiding the subject, you have made no attempt to properly rebuttal anything I have said so far.
And frankly, it's not my fault if your idea is unoriginal and repetitive
You're doing it again. What's unoriginal and repetitive about it? An online game like that has never been done before, in that sense it is original and is not repetitious (if you are reffereing to the gameplay, show me a game, any kind; computer, sport, board, cards, that hold no repetition whatsoever).
but responding with a butthurt, offended post to try and insult me negates any obligation I may have had towards being courteous to you
You misunderstand; no offense was intended. If you are offended by the facts, then I am not at fault. I've remained composed so far. Don't worry, I'm fairly sure I have a good idea of how you you carry yourself around these forums, and so I've given up expecting any form of apology even though you were clearly at fault. Don't worry, I will over look this, I understand that your ego has been damaged. Your initial rudeness and stupidity is forgiven, now lets get down to the actual discussion.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

U MAD?

It's a topic everyone's seen before and you haven't said a single thing that hasn't been said before. A .hack MMO will never be officially produced, and all fan attempts to make one either suck ass or never get completed. Deal with it.

And if you have to change elements to make it appealing, then at some point it stops being "Za Warudo" and just becomes this similar-looking spinoff.
Mor-Rioghain

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

.....You're certainly not the brightest crayon in the box, hmmm? But that's okay. You're having trouble getting your point across, I see. Might I suggest you read-over what I have already posted, specifically my very first post, breaking down my text into smaller chunks so that you can better digest and address the points I have brought up? Clarity is priority! Being dismissive never won anyone any wars, dear. Now run along now, and start again from the beginning.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Welcome to dothackers Mor-Rioghain. I'm sorry if you feel the need to fight fire with fire on AT here, but let me just save you the trouble. Reasoning with this particular member here on a topic that has been previously discussed numerous amounts of times is like trying to explain quantum physics to a piece of fruit. Pointless. Impossible. And simply a waste of your time. Please refrain from turning your indictive points into a trolling session please. This is a stable community of members and trolling is unfortunately not tolerated. Again, sorry that you had to meet AT of all people first, but just ignore the comment or simply report it to an administrator or moderator via PM.
Mor-Rioghain

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

Thank you, Tri-edge, and no worries. I think I'll be sticking around here for a while.

I'll admit I didn't approach the situation maturely. I should of just stepped away. I agree with what you've said and I'll do just that in the future. Thanks again, and apologies.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I laughed when i read the topic, and even more when i read the report sent. AuraTwilight, you have been warned for being such a potentially dangerous user, and your lack of manners and courtesy is worrying. You might want to check that out so you're no longer a detriminal member to the community >3>...XD

I'm sorry that you had to meet AT first out of all the members in the forum, since he's such a member that will tell you you're wrong in your ideas and opinions and won't lose time with being nice and formal about it, not intending to debate and discuss about it for it is indeed a waste of time. Reason is, this is about the 15th topic or so that regards the discussion about a .Hack MMO, and most of them have began the same way as you began your post...posting what it's claimed to be a "great successful idea with lots of details and points that need to be discussed and debated upon, for creating such a successful MMO"...and some were actually truly GREAT ideas. But what happened? Discussion and debate arised, lots of talking, lots of questioning and answering (probably what you expected to happen as you typed such initial post)...until arriving to the final sole conclusion that a .Hack MMO won't work like that, and if it's attempted to be created as such, it'll come to failure...either by becoming unfinished, or being unpleasent to either .Hack fans or MMO fans. By reading and analyzing your post, something AT actually did even though he doesn't care about saying it (yeah, he's that way), i can easily tell your ideas posted won't be succesful either. Pointing out a few things, you're only taking the dungeon-crawling and rare item ideas from .Hack, and then taking them to an all new-MMO concept...disregarding all other things that make .Hack the unique series it is, and creating what it's honestly just a generic MMO with basic concepts and no depth about it. Yes, .Hack is AWESOME due to his depth...but that depth-ness consists in ALL the stuff involving Data Bugs, Phases, AIs, AIDA...all those things that aren't supposed to exist in a normal game and go "beyond the boundaries"...to which you make no absolute mention. And if your idea is instead to make a The World MMO (rather than a .Hack MMO)....well, The World is honestly a boring game that consists more on looking at the pretty fields and sitting on them rather than actually fighting monsters and being a truly playable RPG :/ I could mention much more details, such like solo-playing (way to tell players like Balmung or Haseo to GTFO...or even me who i enjoy solo-playing), and how there would be much more to dungeons than simply going through monsters and items...but yeah, i'm sure you get the idea already. These things could be discussed further...but trust me, the only thing we're going to end up with is with a closed topic, no matter how "formal" or "mature" the discussion gets. Why? Because it's not the first time, nor the last, and doubtfully the exception.

And no need to keep that formallity all-around, we're not in a job application or something, we're in a freaking forum about a freaking anime/gaming series and discussing about a freaking idea of a MMO...srsly, no need to get so freaking serious about it, even when the meanest of members are eating your head out -3- But yeah, the point is...several members in here have seen so many topics talking about MMO's to the point they're tired about it, me included...and i'm sorry that you had to see such "negativeness" about it as your very first event in the forums...but well, your ideas would be turned down or ignored either way, because sadly, a .Hack MMO is not going to occur and won't be successful no matter how many members want one or share ideas about one :/ And that's not being truly mean or negative, it's being realistic.

So, go back to the topic if you wish, try to not draw your sword against AT for you'll only end up stabbing yourself, and hopefully participate in other discussions in the forums...there are plenty of topics to choose. But yeah, i wouldn't recommend you to keep a discussion about a MMO, be it with AT or other members...sorry, but it's not going to work :/
Mor-Rioghain

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

I'm glad you can follow my humour.
...your idea is instead to make a The World MMO (rather than a .Hack MMO)....well, The World is honestly a boring game that consists more on looking at the pretty fields and sitting on them rather than actually fighting monsters and being a truly playable RPG.
See, this is where we differ on our views. The World has a very solid game-play concept that can be seen in plenty of other games released down the years. It's called a dungeon crawler. And it does work. The very fact that you enjoyed playing the PS2 games is a testament to that. Or are you trying to insist you despised all that leveling up, looting, equiping, trading, exploring and were only trying to advance the story? Or perhaps you're saying beautiful scenery and aesthetics can't run along side good gameplay? Again I'd point you towards the actual .hack games, and in particular a game like SoTC.

It seems what everyone enjoys about .Hack here is less The World and it's enigmatic atmosphere and more the characters and the "hacking". I find that shocking. The characters come and go, but The World is the bare-bones for the franchise. It IS the franchise; and it's magnificent. Everything that takes place in it is merely a product of the plot, and as such changes as the series do. The ""MMO concept" that you speak of IS THE WORLD.That IS the franchise you know and love, and without it there would not be .Hack. Knocking the "MMO concept" is knocknig the whoel .Hack franchise.

This concept merely has to be integrated and applied. And there's no reason why it couldn't. And yes, chances are it wont. Not because it's impossible; because of financial risks and lack of resources. That can't stop us dreaming and discussing it!

Of course you wont be able to have data drain exclusively, you wont be able to be the "hero" and have everything revolve around you...but you will have your own adventures, game events will take place around you, there will be real hackers, there will be pking, there will be drama, there will be sadness, there will excitement, there will be friendships and there will be the game-play mechanics as present in the console's games, the anime, the manga, the books and more. You never know, maybe weird stuff will start to happen too!

There's a lot more to be said but I'll leave it there.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

God...You guys are making me read? Dx
Mor-Rioghain

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

It good for brain, duh!
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

I thought an MMO would be nice but after some thought... I don't see if working out. Even though I'm new here I can tell this certain topic is discussed over and over again, it gets repetitive and annoying. Times are hard nowadays and CC2 probably doesn't have enough coin to make an actual The World rpg. Sure if their next release of .hack could have an online feature, make a character (to an extent) and meet up with friends and go dungeon crawling together which would be fun but, Link was the last game so the hopes for any chance for The World ever being made is close to none. Sorry if the news is hard to hear but your only building your hopes up to fail, your getting excited or wasting time on something that isn't going to be made at all.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I laughed when i read the topic, and even more when i read the report sent. AuraTwilight, you have been warned for being such a potentially dangerous user, and your lack of manners and courtesy is worrying. You might want to check that out so you're no longer a detriminal member to the community >3>...XD
OH JESUS SHELTER THE CHILDREN, I speak bluntly without sparing people's feelings, oh gawd. By the way, what the heck is going on with Private Messages? Do you know, Sorrow?
.....You're certainly not the brightest crayon in the box, hmmm?
Reasoning with this particular member here on a topic that has been previously discussed numerous amounts of times is like trying to explain quantum physics to a piece of fruit. Pointless. Impossible.
On that note, I've seen people get banned for comments like this. Cool thing I'm so nice and don't feel like reporting it or raising a stink <3.
By reading and analyzing your post, something AT actually did even though he doesn't care about saying it (yeah, he's that way)
Yea, sorry. I just didn't feel like repeating myself to an umpteenth time if someone had already decided to be butthurt and personally offended. It's just not worth my time.
See, this is where we differ on our views. The World has a very solid game-play concept that can be seen in plenty of other games released down the years. It's called a dungeon crawler. And it does work. The very fact that you enjoyed playing the PS2 games is a testament to that. Or are you trying to insist you despised all that leveling up, looting, equiping, trading, exploring and were only trying to advance the story?
I'm not saying I'm one of them, but there are probably thousands of .hack fans who were completely bored by the gameplay and only got through it for the story, music, atmosphere, etc. .hack is pretty bland as a video game compared to other games of it's type.
It seems what everyone enjoys about .Hack here is less The World and it's enigmatic atmosphere and more the characters and the "hacking". I find that shocking. The characters come and go, but The World is the bare-bones for the franchise. It IS the franchise; and it's magnificent. Everything that takes place in it is merely a product of the plot, and as such changes as the series do. The ""MMO concept" that you speak of IS THE WORLD.That IS the franchise you know and love, and without it there would not be .Hack. Knocking the "MMO concept" is knocknig the whoel .Hack franchise.
Not really. The franchise is the characters, their secrets, their connections to the deeper mysteries, and the supernatural/sci-fi stuff that happens around them. The World is only a stage. A setting. An arena. It's not intended to be the focus. Take .hack//Sign. Was it the game and it's mechanics and it's scenery that were the focus? No. The focus was on this Tsukasa kid and why he had these weird mysteries around him. The same goes for basically every entry in the series. Take out the characters and you have nothing. Take out The World, and you can pull something off still, like Liminality.

And that's me demonstrating that I actually do raise intelligent points. It's how I got the reputation I did, after all. I'm just not doing that kind of crap to a boring and repetitive topic, mmkay?
Mor-Rioghain

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

And that's me demonstrating that I actually do raise intelligent points.
But only once in a blue-moon, when ya feel like it, right? :P
I'm not saying I'm one of them, but there are probably thousands of .hack fans who were completely bored by the gameplay and only got through it for the story, music, atmosphere, etc. .hack is pretty bland as a video game compared to other games of it's type.
I completely agree. Parts of the game weren't executed as they could of been, but that's nothing to do with the concept itself. The poorly designed dungeons, the small fields, the menu-management -heavy fights; they're probably the most recurring complaints.
Not really. The franchise is the characters, their secrets, their connections to the deeper mysteries, and the supernatural/sci-fi stuff that happens around them. The World is only a stage. A setting. An arena. It's not intended to be the focus. Take .hack//Sign. Was it the game and it's mechanics and it's scenery that were the focus? No. The focus was on this Tsukasa kid and why he had these weird mysteries around him. The same goes for basically every entry in the series. Take out the characters and you have nothing. Take out The World, and you can pull something off still, like Liminality.
It's certainly not the focus, you're right. But it's what differentiates it from all other anime. It's the source of all the problems and conflict which are crucial to the plot. It's where all the mysteries come from. It's why Tsukasa was such an unknown character, because it was only the avatar that we saw, "he" couldn't log log out, started to abuse illegitimate "power" and so on. It's the basis for every story, that they're inside a virtual world, people going into coma and so on. You could even call it "high fantasy", if you're familiar with that term. Liminality without The World wouldn't have a plot, as there would of been nothing to investigate! I think you'll find if you take out The World there's nothing...

....Well, there's the characters themselves sure...but uh...it'd probably be just a slice of life then, huh?

Take out the chars and you can sub them with some others; it'd still be .Hack., just how Roots is still .Hack and Quantum. Take out The World and they're not. I think I'm repeating myself here. Do you follow what I'm saying?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

But only once in a blue-moon, when ya feel like it, right? :P
You're new, so I'll excuse your ignorance. If you go through my post history and read more than one page in one thread, you'll see literally thousands of posts verging on essay length. I didn't bother with you because, well, you didn't post anything worth a longer response to.

Now, seriously, will you knock it the hell off with the attitude? I didn't say anything mean or insulting towards your character, and just about every comment you've made at me has been a personal insult. You've been the rudest and most discourteous person in the thread so far, ironically. If you keep it up, I will inform a mod.
I completely agree. Parts of the game weren't executed as they could of been, but that's nothing to do with the concept itself. The poorly designed dungeons, the small fields, the menu-management -heavy fights; they're probably the most recurring complaints.
Well, that, and the game is just a bare-bones minimum of dungeon-crawling. It's like someone just made a very small Roguelike and put pretty graphics on it.
It's certainly not the focus, you're right. But it's what differentiates it from all other anime. It's the source of all the problems and conflict which are crucial to the plot. It's where all the mysteries come from. It's why Tsukasa was such an unknown character, because it was only the avatar that we saw, "he" couldn't log log out, started to abuse illegitimate "power" and so on. It's the basis for every story, that they're inside a virtual world, people going into coma and so on. You could even call it "high fantasy", if you're familiar with that term. Liminality without The World wouldn't have a plot, as there would of been nothing to investigate! I think you'll find if you take out The World there's nothing...

....Well, there's the characters themselves sure...but uh...it'd probably be just a slice of life then, huh?

Take out the chars and you can sub them with some others; it'd still be .Hack., just how Roots is still .Hack and Quantum. Take out The World and they're not. I think I'm repeating myself here. Do you follow what I'm saying?
Yea, I get what you're saying, but I still don't think you're entirely correct. The World is just a platform. While it's the origin of the mysteries, it's what's inside The World that's interesting. The artificial intelligences could be ported to a different game, or even like, Myspace, or something, and it could still be captivating. And the characters, both AI and human, are what makes this interesting. No one really cares about those random girls that Tsukasa killed with his Guardian, right? But when these weird mysteries hit close to home and the series takes a psychological bent, it becomes what we know it as.
Mor-Rioghain

Post by Mor-Rioghain »

I see what you're saying as well, and I guess I don't think you're entirely correct either. That's okay.

And hey, that last one was only a tease. I was just poking, you can sheath your sword now...

...'till another day!
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Yea, I get what you're saying, but I still don't think you're entirely correct. The World is just a platform. While it's the origin of the mysteries, it's what's inside The World that's interesting. The artificial intelligences could be ported to a different game, or even like, Myspace, or something, and it could still be captivating. And the characters, both AI and human, are what makes this interesting. No one really cares about those random girls that Tsukasa killed with his Guardian, right? But when these weird mysteries hit close to home and the series takes a psychological bent, it becomes what we know it as.
That is the reason why I love .hack. It makes the story a hell lot more interesting than most other RPG's or Imitation MMORPGs (If you like it that way) The psychological minds and every character's personality adds so much more to the base story of each game.

Example: Reminisce and Atoli's psychological problems or Outbreak and Balmung's resolve to help the .hackers
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Naw. It's the vagrant A.I.'s and sh*t that makes .hack super special awesome, and with that, I now have a soilid 1400 posts. :3
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Without the characters and plot The World would be a shallow, flavorless, hollow, mind-numbing grind of a generic dungeon crawler that no one would want to play. Speaking for myself, I did not play the PS2 games because they were so creative and took the RPG genre forward to a new level of innovation. They were generic dungeon crawlers based on an anime about a dungeon crawler and once the initial novelty of a dothack game wore off my only real reason to continue playing was to find out what happened next in the plot. The World was never meant to be an actual MMORPG. Even from the anime series there's nothing there to suggest that this would be a successful MMO if it were actually implemented and it makes no attempt to go into detail about the mechanics of its gameplay. Apart from some generic MMO conventions, there's really nothing in it to recommend it. About the only thing The World does that other games haven't done already is that it uses a special headset for the player to use, and since we know that any release of The World in real life won't come with this headset, the different is meaningless.

The World is a setting. It is meant to make the events of the story plausible and isn't meant to be an actual proposal for a new MMORPG. Without the story all you have is a game without substance. Fans of the series have beaten this to death and there have been a million ideas for it since dothack first came to be. The manifestations of The World that we've seen so far haven't been very good, and there's really no reason to think any future version will be either.