Any info about Kite/Sora? spoilers ahead.

Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Re: Any info about Kite/Sora? spoilers ahead.

Post by Gemcrim »

Tolby wrote:
Gemcrim wrote:
Advent_Winter wrote:
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:As far as I'm concerned, Haseo has performed the most epic feat in the history of videogames.
You mean "cheating?"
Because every single thing about Kite and Tsukasa was considered completely legit by CC corp... yep. Heaven forbid anyone remembered both had SOME sort of association with Helba (loose in Tsukasa's case) at that.
Kite had ingame cheat codes. Bonus shields, a cool red car that should only come in green. Stuff like that

Haseo had AR max "press select to kill" cheats.

I love how objective you are.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I said Kite. I'm not lifting a finger to defend Tsukasa. Even though Tsukasa didn't have control over his guardian for a very long time. And even if you wanted to compare Tsukasa, that power is nothing compared to what Haseo had under his Christmas tree in G.U.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Fact is all cheated in some fashion. Haseo did get a **** ton of advantages so this reflects poorly on him (and the other 7 epitaph users) for being over powered (and yet losing). Now I don't really WANT to defend Haseo, but I can't stand by when someone can, through PURE MAGIC praise Tokio WHILST still being able to defend R1 (even then not entirely since you barely bothered defending Tsukasa).

But this is my own opinion as you have yours.

Tokuoka > Kite > Tsukasa > Albireo > Haseo > Blackrose (below Haseo because she's a lying ****. Remember how she described Kite and her first meeting.) > Carl (She'd be higher up but since this stuck up **** hasn't had a stateside release I have to reserve some judgment) > Kite/Sora > Midori > Tokio ( OH SHI- HE'S DONE ENOUGH TO BEAT OUT SHUGO FOR ME, WOWZ) > Shugo > Nanase > Raid > Lara (see Carl for details)

I want to see more of Kite/Sora who is absolutely adorable.
Last edited by Gemcrim on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

THAT TWILIGHT GUARDIAN PICTURE LOOKS SO WRONG
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Gemcrim wrote:Fact is all cheated in some fashion. Haseo did get a **** ton of advantages so this reflects poorly on him (and the other 7 epitaph users) for being over powered (and yet losing). Now I don't really WANT to defend Haseo, but I can't stand by when someone can, through PURE MAGIC praise Tokio WHILST still being able to defend R1 (even then not entirely since you barely bothered defending Tsukasa).
Whilst? Tokio praising and R1 defending where on different matters. Though honestly I do like them both. I still think Tokio's design is a disgrace to .hack, but besides that I am liking him so far. Like a cool shugo. Though I can't understand him yet, I do like his reactions, actions, tone, the air about him and what not. As long as his dialogue isn't incredibly stupid... Yea, I think I can safely admit I do like Tokio. Not love, but certainly not hate.

And using only the characters you mentioned. Which I guess it a list of the the main characters, though I guess you could argue about a few other characters like Blackrose and Mai.

Blackrose + Kite (and hopefully a baby) > Tsukasa > Albireo > Tokuoka > Carl > Kite (Sora) (Probably should be last since we actually don't know much about her, but just call it love at first cross rengeki, for now) > Tokio > Nanase > Shugo > Raid > Haseo > Midori > Lara

A quick list. Subject to change I guess. Especially early on, but theres nothing to crazy. Like Shugo isn't randomly going to go up ahead of Tsukasa or anything. Though maybe Haseo could go up to around Carl. Need to see more post drama Haseo. And maybe Kite (Sora) going ahead of Carl. Just love her design and personality so far, but like I said in the list she should really probably be at the end.
Last edited by Tolby on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Tolby wrote:Whilst?
While. I wanted to use it BECAUSE I CAN.
Tolby wrote:Tokio praising and R1 defending where on different matters.
To this thread yes, but I'm counting your outlook as a whole with that statement.
Tolby wrote:And using only the characters you mentioned. Which I guess it a list of the the main characters, though I guess you could argue about a few other characters like Blackrose and Mai.
I forgot Blackrose (jsut like i almost forgot Nanase), also I consider Tokuoka to be more of the protagonist than Mai if only due to screen time, note volumes 2 and 3 of Liminality ALMOST lacked Mai.

Now Kite/Sora should be lower but she, UNLIKE Tokio made a WONDERFUL first impression and this is going to stick.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Gemcrim wrote:
Tolby wrote:Whilst?
While. I wanted to use it BECAUSE I CAN.
Thats not what I meant, I meant it as part of the next sentence about it being different matters.
Gemcrim wrote:
Tolby wrote:And using only the characters you mentioned. Which I guess it a list of the the main characters, though I guess you could argue about a few other characters like Blackrose and Mai.
I forgot Blackrose (jsut like i almost forgot Nanase), also I consider Tokuoka to be more of the protagonist than Mai if only due to screen time, note volumes 2 and 3 of Liminality ALMOST lacked Mai.
I adjusted my list to include the ones you did.

I do think Tokuoka played a larger role. With his connections, getting things done, getting beat up, contacting and being involved in all the characters' stories. More so the Mai anyways, for the most part. But I still think she is suppose to be the main character. Seems like its suppose to be her story, even if it does get hijacked fairly on and often. I mean I know each character gets and episode and theres only four episodes.. but still. She just feels like shes suppose to be the main character. Maybe its just me.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Umm, just to re-enter the conversation here about "cheating". Didn't Kite actually figure out that he WAS cheating and even went as far as NOT using his Twilight Bracelet on certain ocassions. Hell, even after he destroyed it to defeat Cubia, he still went on ahead and fought Corebenik, even though Aura and the coma victims interrupted and de-haxxed the shield. Still, Kite fought MORGANNA of all things, almost winning in the end, until Aura interrupted once again.

Haseo pretty much abused his power beyond all means. Him getting an Xth Form just increased beyond that. And him and the other epitaph users just basically hacked Cubia at the end, in one of the most love-abiding, chessiest ways ever conceived.

Tsukasa would of been a target, but, considering that his cheat tried to kill him/her in the end, I'll leave it as an exception.
Genshie

Post by Genshie »

Tsukasa I still say at first was far worse than Haseo. Haseo had to actually work for his abilities at first, remember Roots, yeah he was pure born n00b at that point. Tsukasa on the other hand had the ***** system working on his side. When the game itself allows you to do things you know something is wrong here. (Tsukasa being able to go to point A to point B without using a Gate, got a pet monster at one point, hell went through walls of dungeons)
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Tsukasa and Haseo's story and goals were completely different. Haseo was trying to fight the big bad and save the princess. Tsukasa was just trying to be left alone. He didn't use his powers to fight and be the hero. Occasionally he did us them to his enjoyment and/or advantage. However, the powers given to him weren't there necessarily to help him accomplish his goals, but to help Morganna accomplish hers.
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

Tolby wrote:Tsukasa and Haseo's story and goals were completely different. Haseo was trying to fight the big bad and save the princess. Tsukasa was just trying to be left alone. He didn't use his powers to fight and be the hero. Occasionally he did us them to his enjoyment and/or advantage. However, the powers given to him weren't there necessarily to help him accomplish his goals, but to help Morganna accomplish hers.
Then again I wouldnt blame tsukasa for wanting to be alone and an emo depressed guy girl that cheated and enjoyed it...... his/her father was a douche sandwich, that needs his skin melted off and fed to him..... Im not crazy by the way.
sun king

Post by sun king »

alright if you think about it the previous kite incarnations had something to do with the player behind kite.
1.Shugo: knew blackrose, and kaz in real life.
2.Azure kite: based on kite(including his love for soccer)
3.Kite(.hack//link): based on him as well.
4.Kite(sora): daughter?! Cousin?! Sister?! Granddaughter?! Wife?!
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

sun king wrote:alright if you think about it the previous kite incarnations had something to do with the player behind kite.
1.Shugo: knew blackrose, and kaz in real life.
2.Azure kite: based on kite(including his love for soccer)
3.Kite(.hack//link): based on him as well.
4.Kite(sora): daughter?! Cousin?! Sister?! Granddaughter?! Wife?!
This only works if Kite was doing stuff to Blackrose causing her to spazz out while playing. Yes, I like that.
sun king

Post by sun king »

if you think about it as well blackrose was 16 while kite was 14 during the .hack games I mean there were other girl's like terajiama ryoko, gardenia, and natsume. So remember:

NOTHING IS TRUE EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED

and wait a tick what if it might be someone who knows someone close to kite?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Technically sun king, so far there are two Kites left labeled "mystery" in your little connection theory. Kite(Sora) and the unnamed Kite in the new anime that was revealed.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

No, no it isn't. It's equally likely and acceptable that Sora has absolutely nothing to do with Kite. Shugo was pretty dang indirect, AFK has nothing to do with Kite's player (it's just a clone based on Aura's memory), and same with Twilight Knight Kite and even lesso with Symbol of The End Kite. On average characters named Sora have more to do with each other than characters that look like Kite, so by your logic it's more likely she's Haseo's daughter. As it was mentioned, there's also another new Kite, and one of the dates we're talking about is 2021. There is no way either is Kite's daughter, and especially not granddaughter (if he had a daughter at 24, which is weird, she'd only be one in 2021 and four in 2024, and Sora isn't Mireille). Sure it's fiction, but there's a degree of realism to it. Plus, Sora apparently doesn't even know about The World or Aura. I guess it could happen, but it wouldn't be part of a "pattern."
sun king

Post by sun king »

Hmm I guess you guy's are right but I'm just wondering why does kite(sora)'s design seem different in the .hack//link game I mean her hair is short like kite's and and the outfit is less revealing, on the other hand her appearance in the teaser photo's is different her hair is longer and her outfit is more revealing.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

We think it's a different character, not to mention a different time and version of The World.

The original plan was to release the game a month earlier, and there'd be an anime and manga out by now. Then there'd be a movie, which we think is the thing with Sora. Their schedule seems to have changed drastically, but I hope none of these projects got lost in the fray. It would be awful for .hack, which just cleared up all of its lost projects, to end on that note...
sun king

Post by sun king »

So what you're saying is it might be a different story hmm, what about the translation I asked for? The one that was on the teaser poster I'm sure it might be set in "the world" because you mentioned FMD's in the translation.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

What did you ask for? The trailer? Most of the text is translated in other posts... It's in The World, just the fourth version of it...