What is with all the skeletons in the dungeons?

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Tack

What is with all the skeletons in the dungeons?

Post by Tack »

I mean I know they are background, but what's the story behind them? It seems to remind of 16 century prisons which they just crammed alot of people in and the player gets to see the aftermath. :?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: What is with all the skeletons in the dungeons?

Post by AuraTwilight »

Come on, dude, use your brain.

"Adventurer goes in dungeon. Sees skeletons. Obviously the game's telling you that adventurers have come here, failed, and die. Ooooh spooky scary."

Jesus, you're just making up things to make topics about at this point.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Exactly what you're imagining. I don't think there's an EXACT background story behind them...they're simply there so you can break them, and because a "dungeon" wouldn't be exactly complete without them.

I mean, what would you expect to find in a dungeon, if not skeletons, skeletons in a cage, skeletons who seem to have gone through alot of torture, skeletons of travelers such like you who weren't as lucky, monsters, pits, traps, closed rooms, treasures, and giant bouncy Bloody Eggs? ....Well that last one could be debatable XD
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

On the subject of Bloody Eggs, why the hell are there skeletons in fleshwall dungeons? Shouldn't they be, um, digested or something? And... not look as... complete... as they do? XD

I could also ask why there are fleshwall dungeons in the first place, BUT THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT. XD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I dunno... if you really think about it maybe they died sealing the monster into portals?
AuraTwilight wrote:Jesus, you're just making up things to make topics about at this point.
Actually, it's not that bad. Tack has generated more conversation than we've seen in a while, and some of it is pretty interesting. In any case, it's better than the same 4 topics every day...
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:On the subject of Bloody Eggs, why the hell are there skeletons in fleshwall dungeons? Shouldn't they be, um, digested or something?
Aren't they? The bone is usually as far as much animals digest, I think...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

No, there's still flesh on them iirc.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Wow. I haven't seen this many topics generated by one member on here since the Shadow of Skeith era. ( I miss her.) Anyway, if I can recall, the skeletons have a redish white texture to them, so I assume that would be considered "flesh", or at the very least, decaying tissue. lol
Tack

Post by Tack »

Actually, it's not that bad. Tack has generated more conversation than we've seen in a while, and some of it is pretty interesting. In any case, it's better than the same 4 topics every day...
Thanks, I'm just trying to contribute to a series that I love.
_Tri-edge_ wrote:Wow. I haven't seen this many topics generated by one member on here since the Shadow of Skeith era. ( I miss her.) Anyway, if I can recall, the skeletons have a redish white texture to them, so I assume that would be considered "flesh", or at the very least, decaying tissue. lol
:D

Who is Shadow of Skeith if I can ask?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

She was once an active member on here, frequently posting threads regaurding to .hack's story, or certain gameplay elements.
Smitts

Post by Smitts »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:On the subject of Bloody Eggs, why the hell are there skeletons in fleshwall dungeons? Shouldn't they be, um, digested or something? And... not look as... complete... as they do? XD

I could also ask why there are fleshwall dungeons in the first place, BUT THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT. XD
Well if you notice.
When you first go into the dungeon sometimes they are monsters and you go into the mouth.
That would probably explain the fleshwall dungeons. :)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Smitts wrote: Well if you notice.
When you first go into the dungeon sometimes they are monsters and you go into the mouth.
That would probably explain the fleshwall dungeons. :)
Poor creatures. Buried deep into the ground, only able to see and move their fingers creepily, and being forced to endure fierce and violent battles ocurring inside their bodies. Quite the torture D; lol
rockman0

Post by rockman0 »

Those skeletons are kind of disturbing, and they're all sitting in the same position. I think they're just plastic skeletons with items inside of them. ^^;
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

It's only decoration. it's not that bad, but I don't care much on them. :D